It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heart attack ‘vaccine’ available in 6 years to knock statins off the shelves

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I know exactly what you are trying to explain.

Honestly, what difference does it make what they call it if people are still going to consume it?

No you don't understand, lipoprotein particules are assembled by the liver for the purpose of transporting lipids across the body. It is not my understanding that they come principally from diet, but their content sometimes.

I'm trying to point out that people don't really care and technicalities like LDL actually being a lipoprotein and not a cholesterol isn't going to make them care any more.

Exactly, this is why people that don't care have the TV and all the pubs to "educate" them. If the lemming want to go down the fall, let them do so but I won't follow. I'm speaking to the minority who question the validity of the puppet show, and the only way to question validity is to understand the rational.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cofactor
No you don't understand, lipoprotein particules are assembled by the liver for the purpose of transporting lipids across the body. It is not my understanding that they come principally from diet, but their content sometimes.

I actually thought I did but after saying:

"You can improve a blood lipoprotein profile (increased HDL) simply by going low carbs."

and

A low carbs diet high in good fat, like Coconut oil will definitely improve a blood lipoprotein profile; maximizing the reverse transport pathway (HDL) and decrease LDL (endogenous pathway, bad one).

you are now saying that this is no longer true? That was a sudden change.

Exactly, this is why people that don't care have the TV and all the pubs to "educate" them. If the lemming want to go down the fall, let them do so but I won't follow. I'm speaking to the minority who question the validity of the puppet show, and the only way to question validity is to understand the rational.

Seems you keep missing the point.

Doesn't matter.
edit on 20-6-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

you are now saying that this is no longer true? That was a sudden change.

No change at all. Please point where the contradiction is.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cofactor
No change at all. Please point where the contradiction is.

It is not my understanding that they come principally from diet

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

It is not my understanding that they come principally from diet

Exactly, this is NOT because these "things", the lipoprotein does NOT come from what you consumed that their PRODUCTION and CONCENTRATION is not affected by what you consumed.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Cofactor

So why the diet tips a couple pages back that are supposed to make a difference?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

So why the diet tips a couple pages back that are supposed to make a difference?

Trying again:

this is NOT because these "things", the lipoprotein does NOT come from what you consumed that their PRODUCTION and CONCENTRATION is not affected by what you consumed.

Please read again and pay special attention to the last couples words.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

So what is this:

A low carbs diet high in good fat, like Coconut oil will definitely improve a blood lipoprotein profile; maximizing the reverse transport pathway (HDL) and decrease LDL (endogenous pathway, bad one).

Here you are saying that they are affected by what you consume.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

So what is this:

Yes what is wrong there?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Edited.

You really can't see it?

ETA: Maybe if I put them both in the same post:

A low carbs diet high in good fat, like Coconut oil will definitely improve a blood lipoprotein profile;

their PRODUCTION and CONCENTRATION is not affected by what you consumed.

Which is it?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Here you are saying that they are affected by what you consume.

Yes and this is what I was saying all the time.

Trying again:

this is NOT because these "things", the lipoprotein does NOT come from what you consumed that their PRODUCTION and CONCENTRATION is not affected by what you consumed.

There is a difference between coming from and affected.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Yes there is a difference but the end is the same.

Calling it x or y doesn't change the fact that it will do z.

You are hung up on technicalities which don't make a difference.

ETA: Technically, according to you, diet does affect levels so "PRODUCTION and CONCENTRATION is not affected by what you consumed." is contradictory.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

You must read the phrase in its entirety, it say that lipoprotein does not need to be present in what you eat for their concentration or production to be affected.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

But other things in the diet do affect the level so what difference does the rest of the phrase make to the person craving pastas?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Yes there is a difference but the end is the same.

You persist at minimizing the importance of details. This is a reductionist approach that will go nowhere.

Calling it x or y doesn't change the fact that it will do z.

You are hung up on technicalities which don't make a difference.

One thing to remember is rhetoric will only acomplish winning at argumentation, no knowledge or truth is gained whatsoever...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

This isn't about the amount of knowledge or truth you have in your pocket.

My point is that people know that eating a ton of sugar and empty carbs daily is bad. They still do it. It isn't because they have not come across the info that you have.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join