It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The employment process today BLOWS and I'm about to lose it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
SOOOOO.....

I have been without work since February. I worked for Bank of Satan aka America. It was a horrible experience which that itself could be an entire thread in various forums. My advice is if you bank with them LEAVE!

Anyway I have spent my time filling out NUMEROUS job applications online and submitting my resume more times than I can count! I have gone on various interviews and wasted my time and gas for nothing. Money I don't have is wasted! I used my income taxes to pay my bills through July, and well that is coming up and I have NO job and I am beyond flipping out. I can't handle the stress anymore. I want to curl up and disappear. People have no idea how hard it is to find work now a days. It is NOT like it use to be! I use to be able to walk into a place speak to management and have a job. NOW it's a three step freaking process for a minimum wage freaking job and even then they never tell you the position has been filled. I have shown up for interviews that were canceled because the position was filled yet nobody contacted me!!!!!! I recently had to SIT for FOUR hours at a cash advance company to see if I would like the job. I was like are you kidding me? I went through TWO interviews before this "observation" they called it. I was like I worked in freaking banking and for BOA this is a piece of freaking cake. Watching them balance their drawer and counting was painful to watch. I could have done it ten times over by the time they were done. The job only pays $10/hr which is insulting to my $15/hr from BOA. I would take it because I NEED A JOB! I am having massive anxiety over all this and I have been sick to my stomach. I am so beyond frustrated with the way it works now. I have taken a dozen banking assessment tests and guess what THEY ARE ALL THE SAME DAMN TEST! It's a freaking joke! I have to jump through hoops to apply yet I never hear a thing back!? Yet when they DO call I am expected to drop whatever I'm doing to give an on spot phone interview. I have a damn 4 year old and it is impossible to do that when he is around, he is actually with his dad right now because it was making job hunting more difficult.

I wake up every morning, check my email and fill out MORE applications. Also WHY THE HELL do I need to fill out a form of my previous employers when I also have to submit a resume with the SAME information?! It's a waste of time. I am in tears right now I'm so frustrated. I seriously can't take this anymore. I feel like being a single mom I am discriminated against because I can't work at night or on weekends, Saturday banking hours are fine because my mom will watch my son but I have NO other options for child care and I can't afford it period! I just want to disappear and snap at the same time. Everyone thinks I'm so happy right now well guess what I am NOT! I am not ok. I am not happy. I am beyond stressed. I can't eat or sleep. I worry about how I will pay rent next month. It is not fun and I feel like a failure.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

You have my deepest sympathy and utmost respect for trying.
Its a disgusting situation and people are just numbers these days.
My situation is very different to yours.
You are right to be angry but I hope you don't get too negative through no fault of your own.
I'm feeling for you.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I am so sorry. I don't have any answers. I think good paying jobs are like gold and the corps can play with people's lives. With no social programs in this country for the working poor, they have all the power.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If the attitude you display here comes through in the interview process, no one is going to hire you. Why should they? You've got attitude pouring out of your pores. That spells "bad hire' to anyone trying to fill a position. They are looking for people who do not cause more problems than they solve.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Construction jobs start at $15 an hour if you have experience. There are plenty of jobs out there. Prob not the kind of jobs you'd be interested in. Aim lower perhaps. No excuse to be out of work since february.
edit on 19-6-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

You have my deepest sympathy and utmost respect for trying.
Its a disgusting situation and people are just numbers these days.
My situation is very different to yours.
You are right to be angry but I hope you don't get too negative through no fault of your own.
I'm feeling for you.

You ARE just a number! It's insane. I have such major anxiety from all of this I shake all day because I feel like all this WORK I put into looking for a job has done nothing for me! It is like I waste my time and for what?

I was positive and hopeful but after 4 months of the same stuff it takes a toll on you. A huge one. I just can't take it and I don't know what to do. Thanks for your kind reply! I am trying to see positive but it's been hard.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I am so sorry. I don't have any answers. I think good paying jobs are like gold and the corps can play with people's lives. With no social programs in this country for the working poor, they have all the power.

OH yea they do. I don't really care where it is or what it pays. I just want a job! I have applied at fast food places and even freaking wal mart which I hate and don't shop at! I have been told by these places I'm OVERQUALIFIED in basic terms. I mean what is that? So I should dumb myself down? I just want to work.

+57 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
If the attitude you display here comes through in the interview process, no one is going to hire you. Why should they? You've got attitude pouring out of your pores. That spells "bad hire' to anyone trying to fill a position. They are looking for people who do not cause more problems than they solve.

TYPICAL reply from YOU! Why don't you go kick god damn rocks! I am so sick of YOUR negative attitude on here over the years. You are MEAN.

This is the RANT FORUM! Get over it and MOVE the hell on.

How I am on a rant forum and how I am in an interview are TWO different things. Take your CONSTANT negativity elsewhere.
edit on 6/19/2017 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Ive been laid off since Feb too, thankfully a co-worker (who is also laid off) and I have a small business weve gotten by on.
I am looking now for a part time Engineering ​job and have an interview today in a few hours.
I agree its not as easy to get hired as it once was. It used to be 5 days tops that I would have to look. I think it has to do experience levels. No one wants to pay a wage that a person has earned after years of experience. They want to pay everyone a fresh out of school starting wage, so they cn increase profits to keep living a life they cannot afford, because society tells them they must.
Just a bunch of people caught in the cycle of working jobs they hate, to buy s#&t they don't need, to impress people they dont like.
I wish you luck on your search, and as soon as you get in somewhere, formulate a backup plan. My side business was my coworkers idea. Its booming, and I owe him ALOT for convincing me to help him with it.
Backup plan...

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Construction jobs start at $15 an hour if you have experience. There are plenty of jobs out there. Prob not the kind of jobs you'd be interested in. Aim lower perhaps. No excuse to be out of work since february.

I AM A FEMALE!!!!! I don't know a damn thing about construction and all those job are taken by Mexicans and immigrants where i live. Dont' even start with me. NOT in the mood.

No excuse? are you kidding me? Do you know my life or what I have done or where I apply? I am not picky at all when it comes to work. I am sick of the PROCESS of it and how nobody contacts you. If it was so easy to find a job I would have had one but when you are one of 100 people applying for a position yea it's gets to be rough. It's so easy to judge someone when you aren't in THEIR SHOES. Clearly you lack any form of empathy.

Go away with your negative judgmental crap. This is the RANT forum. It's called a rant for a reason!

+57 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Did you feel "big" kicking her while she was down?

Every single post I've seen from you over the years has been condescending and rude. Get a freaking life man, using your logic, you have never had a job because people can't stand being in the same room as you for more than 5 minutes.

OP has explained what a lot of people are experiencing, and yes it's a frustrating ordeal that needs to be vented at times. The OP has always had a kind demeanor over the years on ATS and I am very confident that would carry on to their job interviews as well.

Pull your head out your behind man...

Single mother looking for a job and you send negative vibes her way, shame on you.

I wish you the best of luck and send you positive vibes mblahnikluver

edit on 19-6-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
You live in FL, correct? Try ABC fine wine and spirits...My ol lady worked there for about 3 years and over that time they always seemed to need employees. If you can count a drawer and put on a smile and be friendly chances are you'll move up. She made manager in less than 2 years with no degree.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I don't know what state you live in, but maybe you will have to join other American refugees and move. My daughter went through that overqualified reason. The employer is afraid that the overqualified will move on when a better job opens.

We are looking at job layoffs here too. Small city that does not need that.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Well that's good for you! I wish I had that.

I don't care what the pay is honestly I just want a damn job. I have zero credit cards, no car payment or anything extra. I have the basics and my only splurge a month are my Spotify and Netflix subscriptions. lol I can live on a small budget. I made good money at BOA yes but it wasn't worth the drama and headache I dealt with there. I feel like my previous salary keeps me from getting a job too. It's like they see that and think that's what I expect. The $10/hr job when I did the observation she asked if that was going to be a problem and I said no. Sure I wanted what i made before but very few places play like that period so I was lucky there. I just want to work. I don't care what it is. I just want an income and then I can go from there.

I do have an interview today with a local credit union that contacted me last week via email only!

AS I was typing this out I got a phone call. The lady asked for ADRIAN, my name is Andrea. So I told her there was nobody here by that name and I asked who she was. She told me she was from a local credit union, one i have applied at numerous times and one that is building a new branch right now locally. So she said wait a minute let me see the name, she comes back and laughs "oh it is Andrea." I wanted to reach through the phone and choke her! It's a good thing I didn't dismiss the call as a wrong number! i would have lost an opportunity! So I have an interview there on Thursday. I swear I would breathe easier if one of these places just hired me. I have years of banking and cash handling experience! SO i am thinking positive with this one even though it's been HARD!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
First, I understand your feelings. Just stay positive and keep moving forward....sound hard and is even harder to do, but be strong.

I joined a union when I was 35, and it was great until I topped out, and then in 2 years I worked only 4 months. Thankfully, I found a new job with a small company that works me to the bone, but they treat me right, and I love the job. Now if I can get the union off my arse for leaving them, I will be a happy man.

You are in my thoughts and prayers for a job you love asap.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikehawk

Oh you made me cry! Thank you! That was really sweet of you.

It's not easy to be positive happy go lucky me like i use to be! It's even harder now that I am a mom. It's not just me i need to look after.

I appreciate your kind words and EMPATHY!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I don't know what state you live in, but maybe you will have to join other American refugees and move. My daughter went through that overqualified reason. The employer is afraid that the overqualified will move on when a better job opens.

We are looking at job layoffs here too. Small city that does not need that.

I am in Florida. I wish I could move but that costs money! Money I don't have. If i can't pay my bills how can I afford to move? I also have a child. I can't just up and leave with him, courts won't allow it.

Yea the overqualified thing is annoying. It's fear of them losing their job to you or you moving on. Back in the day qualification mattered! Now it's used against you. The whole process is crazy.

Good luck to you and your daughter!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
You live in FL, correct? Try ABC fine wine and spirits...My ol lady worked there for about 3 years and over that time they always seemed to need employees. If you can count a drawer and put on a smile and be friendly chances are you'll move up. She made manager in less than 2 years with no degree.

Yea they won't hire me because I can't work nights or weekends. I have no child care and even if I did I can't afford it. It's beyond insane what that costs now a days! Wow. Daycare is almost the cost of my rent! It's a good thing he starts VPK in the fall. What it costs for the month there is what i paid for A WEEK of daycare while I worked for BOA. It was insane. I am good with a budget though so I made it work. It's a damn good thing I can cook otherwise I would go hungry even more!

My brother worked there for quite some time years ago and he made pretty decent money too!

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You have the nerve. As a personal LONG TIME FRIEND of the op you truely have no clue.....and no the op doesnt act like this all the time. Ugh i can already tell you im not gonna be a fan of yours.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I got a few more bills to pay. But if your still struggling I'll be glad to help you with what I can. I really don't spend or need money unless I get greedy for materialistic things that are not necessary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join