It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did NASA delete this image from June 2017 yet it's on another rovers page?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
******It appears this is just part of the landing site! SO THANKS to all who replied! That is why I shared it here!!!

Well it's been a while ATS!

Once again Mars, my favorite subject when it comes to space and conspiracies!

So apparently there is an image of a space craft on Mars. I have done some digging and it apparently made the internet back in 2014 as well. Now why would it show up again only to be removed?

Here is the post I found it on. I will also link to the video posted in 2014 with the image. The one from 2014 claims it's Russian and ignore the music, go to the end. They also have a facebook page with all the images. I ignored the music and Russia comment! I am only looking at the image itself.
Why NASA was quick to delete picture

I had to do screen shots, sorry. I can't figure out how to crop them without putting them on an external editing page and I didn't want to do that.

Here is the image:

Another screen shot from the video of the poster showing it on the NASA site. It's not the first time this pic has come up. So what in the world? Is it a joke or is it real? Why take it off and leave it in other parts?

Here is an image of the next day where this photo was previously

Here is the video from the link

This is a screen shot of the current images here and a few are missing, the rest are the same. I went by time stamps to find the image and it's not there, not even a black box. The ones before and after are there but there are a couple from before and after that are not.

Here is the other video it comes up in. Like I said don't use sound, it's annoying and I ignored the Russian comment. I'm looking at the pic!

I came across this link in the comments of the first video. It's a link to NASA but I can't find the main page it comes from! If anyone knows how to search an image that would be great!
Mars Image

OK ATS. It's been a while since I made any kind of thread let alone one on Mars and it's many anomalies. Has anyone seen this photo before? I'm still trying to get more information and will add as I get it. Someone keeps posting the IMAGE link but not where they are finding it. They say it's from Opportunity but without knowing what cam I can't find anything.

OK NEVERMIND! As I was getting this thread together I FOUND the image. NOW WHY would it show up on another rovers page? Odd. Also it's still on NASA's site. I love pics like this that get ignored yet the ape and mermaid get mainstream treatment. Anyway. Here is more information.

Mars Opportunity SOL 348 Panoramic

Directly from NASA

Nasa description:
Right Panoramic Camera Non-linearized Full frame EDR acquired on Sol 348 of Opportunity's mission to Meridiani Planum at approximately 12:45:41 Mars local solar time, camera commanded to use Filter 1 (436 nm). NASA/JPL/Cornell

SO what do you guys and gals think? If you say rock I'll ignore you!

I have always been fascinated by Mars and the images that come up. Some get attention and some don't. This is a pretty good picture of something anomalous!
edit on 6/18/2017 by mblahnikluver because: edit to add what the image really is!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Weird if they removed that picture...

It looks smallish, hard to tell how far or close that thing is...

Something is whispering in my ear, that it might be a highly advanced drone that was sent with the rover, and that it contains top secret tech, thus they had to delete pictures that show it..

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

It's probably only swamp gas, that's why NASA got rid of it.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Now that is an interesting picture!

It only makes sense that there is intelligence traveling around the universe and this picture is exactly what one would expect.

NASA can not be trusted, it is no surprise that they would delete the photo, it makes maintaining their current narrative a bit difficult.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Something is whispering in my ear, that it might be a highly advanced drone that was sent with the rover, and that it contains top secret tech, thus they had to delete pictures that show it..

Funny, something is whispering in my ear that it is an unexplained anomaly that NASA couldn't explain, so being they take all their viewers as fools, just decided to delete it, rather than admit it was something that just shouldn't be there.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Weird if they removed that picture...

It looks smallish, hard to tell how far or close that thing is...

I have been looking at this image for 3 hours. I came across it on Facebook and then dug a bit deeper and found the image in a slew of Opportunity images!

Yea it is odd it would show up on Curiosity's page and then be removed. I mean why that image? Good thing the person who found it filmed it to show he isn't crazy or making stuff up. That's the only reason I entertained looking into it. I use to spend days and weeks looking at Mars images. I have only seen one other image I love of Mars. It's from Gusev Crater. I made a thread on it two years ago even. The last thread I made that didn't involve the cooking forum!

I have always had this notion since I was a kid that Mars has life and that we are there and other beings are there as well. I use to have a job where I met a lot of people in the various space programs and well a few shots and they were talking. I mean I was a chick who was very into their job and I always discussed Mars with various people. Many use to tell me the best way to put the truth out there is to do so in plain sight and then people would just argue over it's authenticity. I had some pretty interesting chats with NASA employees plus I got a lot of cool memorabilia in the process. So to me anything is possible when it comes to Mars and space in general. I do my own research and go from there.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Either someone here is an incredible, indefatigable hoaxter (in which case, my hat is off to you), or somebody at Nasa made a boo-boo -- though perhaps, accidentally-on-purpose.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Funny, something is whispering in my ear that it is an unexplained anomaly that NASA couldn't explain, so being they take all their viewers as fools, just decided to delete it, rather than admit it was something that just shouldn't be there.

Something is whispering in my ear that you're a person who needs to move along if you can't discuss this openly without throwing swamp gas around as an answer. Did you watch the videos and check the links out? I bet you didn't. You knee jerk commented.

If you actually READ my thread you would see it's an ACTUAL IMAGE from Opportunity. So let me share that again since your reading skills seem to be lacking.
Mars Opportunity Sol 348 Pan
So explain that as a mistake NASA can't explain?
edit on 6/18/2017 by mblahnikluver because: blah

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Clearly it's a rock!

Haha I couldn't resist and you kinda asked for it

On a more serious note, the logical yet mundane explanation would be debris from a crashed lander of some sort. Or an orbiter that no longer, um, orbits?

The more conspiratorial side of me want's to believe, so, sooo much! I just can't see this image being in the public domain if that we're the case.

One can hope though, right?
edit on 18/6/2017 by TOMFROMOZ because: because I can

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Don't know why they moved the picture but I believe it's part of the heat shield from the rover's decent.

edit on 18-6-2017 by gortex because: Spelling

link   

Wow! It's even On NASA's page?!

To me, it looks like it is hovering or passing by and received some sort of auto focus.
It's definitely amazing to say the least.
I bet it will be explained as a reflection off the rover, or some other swamp gas, half assed excuse.

link   

It is debris from this:

mars.nasa.gov...

Don't know what craft crashed there.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TOMFROMOZ
Clearly it's a rock!

Haha I couldn't resist and you kinda asked for it

On a more serious note, the logical yet mundane explanation would be debris from a crashed lander of some sort. Or an orbiter that no longer, um, orbits?

The more conspiratorial side of me want's to believe, so,sooo much! I just can't see this image being in the public domain if that we're the case.

One can hope though, right?

Why I oughta! LOL

Oh it's public. It's not from Curiosity it's from Opportunity. Here is a link to the raw images of the picture. It is definitely not a rock lol
Opportunity Sol 348 Pan

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I also believe that something is happening in almost every rock that goes around our star, when i was a child, i saw a beam of light hitting the moon in a slinky toy-type manner, went straight to my parents room, and asked, why they have not told me, that we humans are doing something in the moon, it was a big eye opener for a young person.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Don't know why they moved the picture but I believe it's part of the heat shield from the rover's decent.

Gortex!! Nice to see you!

Did you see this image from Opportunity? I found later that is where the image is really from. It doesn't look like pieces of a heat shield. I saw those images and this is very different.

Opportunity Sol 348 PAN

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It might be Opportunity's landing pad..

LINK

About to head to bed so best I can do at the moment.

Hope this helps.

edit on 18/6/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Wow! It's even On NASA's page?!

To me, it looks like it is hovering or passing by and received some sort of auto focus.
It's definitely amazing to say the least.
I bet it will be explained as a reflection off the rover, or some other swamp gas, half assed excuse.

HAHA yea it's always dismissed as one of those. I have only ever posted on pic from Mars I find anomalous so it takes a lot for me to make a thread on this because I KNOW what will happen.

Yea it's on the Opportunity page. Someone kept posting the links to the image and i figured the "348" in the address what the mission number. I was right so I found it shortly after that.

I believe NASA would put such images in to mess with people. I mean thousands of images are on their site. WHO has time to go through them all and analyze them? Very few!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Something is whispering in my ear that you're a troll who needs to move along if you can't discuss this openly without throwing swamp gas around as an answer. Did you watch the videos and check the links out? I bet you didn't. You knee jerk commented.

If you actually READ my thread you would see it's an ACTUAL IMAGE from Opportunity. So let me share that again since your reading skills seem to be lacking.
Mars Opportunity Sol 348 Pan
So explain that as a mistake NASA can't explain?

Hey Skippy, my "swamp gas" reply was sarcasm which you obviously didn't comprehend. If you bothered to read my second reply, I agreed that it was unexplainable. Talk about knee-jerk reactions, look at yourself first.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

It might be Opportunity's landing pad..

LINK

About to head to bed so best I can do at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Chadwickus!!!! Long time no see!

Ok that is a link to wiki with a ton of links. I'll google the landing site and images and see what i get.

Thanks Chadwickus!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Exactly!
very awesome, thanks for digging in, finding this image and sharing with us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join