It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest man I have ever known

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Of course it's my dad. He is and always has been an amazing role model, an amazing friend, an amazing dad. He is there with a joke, advise, wisdom, a helping hand, whatever is needed, always.

When I was young, his job made him travel a good bit. We all hated him being gone, but looked forward to when he came home. It would be a special meal, a little extra, and lots of smiles and laughs. He was happy to get a promotion which allowed him to sty home more, we all were.
I had a paper route when I was 12. I had to get up at 5am, sometimes stuff adds in all the papers and then deliver them. But I didn't always have to do that alone. A good bit of the time, My dad would wake up, wake me up, help me with the papers, then put on the bag, and walk down the street, handing me papers to run and deliver. Years later I asked him why he would do that, getting up that early when he still had to go to his own job, his answer was it was a way to spend some more time together.

He taught me lots of things, but one bit of wisdom was paramount and I still keep it with me daily.
"Live every day as if it was your last, but knowing that it probably isn't". A daily reminder to not skip the fun things, to not miss a chance to make someone else smile, to stop and look at something beautiful.

He is the reason I am who I am, and the reason my son is who he is. He is quite simply, the greatest man I have ever known.

I love you dad, Happy fathers day!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
My Dad is better than your Dad !!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Even though is not fathers day where i am, thanks dad for raising the hellraiser that i have become!

join