It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving to the middle of the U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

Wait, did you just tell me there's drive-in theaters there? That's almost all you needed to say. And the bit about where to go for a beer and a brawl. I avoid rowdy bar scenes. Spent too long as a bouncer to bother with it anymore.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

Wait, did you just tell me there's drive-in theaters there? That's almost all you needed to say. And the bit about where to go for a beer and a brawl. I avoid rowdy bar scenes. Spent too long as a bouncer to bother with it anymore.

Yes, we still have a drive in theater here
starlite drive in, for some reason the web page wont load.
If you like mexican food gorditas express makes great gorditas for $1.75 or el fogon makes great tacos, my wifes loves them, shes from mexico and having a hard time finding a place to eat lol. Renes makes the best burritos.
Internet is plenty fast. Uverse is good, cox is better, much faster. I havent had any issues with cox, i game online plus my kids as well using it i needed fast internet.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I dropped Cox a while back because their prices were just getting indefensible.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

But thanks for the other tips, for sure.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Since you are computer savvy, go to the US census site for the city. They will have a ton of data on about everything that you would want to know including, percentage of auto thefts, diseases and economic conditions.

Of course, you will want some personal opinions, and I'm sure they have already been given in post before this one.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I've checked out the vital stats already, but thanks nonetheless for the advice.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

A few things immediately come to mind:

1. Miles and miles of flatlands
2. Corn and more corn
3. Tornadoes in yearly tornado season
4. Wizard of Oz-Dorothy's farmhouse was in Kansas when it blew away
5. ........more corn!

Good luck with your new adventure!

Best, MS

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

A few things immediately come to mind:

1. Miles and miles of flatlands
2. Corn and more corn
3. Tornadoes in yearly tornado season
4. Wizard of Oz-Dorothy's farmhouse was in Kansas when it blew away
5. ........more corn!

Good luck with your new adventure!

Best, MS

Word of advise, dont use any wizard of oz quotes to make friends, its very old and nobody cares. It is windy here considering its flat, tornados dont seem to hit wichita near as much as they did 10+ years ago. Summers are very hot winters are very icy n cold. The dating scene is bad here so if your looking good luck, wichita was rated 3rd worse city to date in a couple three years ago, more men then woman. But i think that is changing with how many people have moved here tbh. The great out doors, camping, and pit fires are a thing here and girls are not like barbie dolls, they like football, they like to get dirty and they like camping. Dont get me wrong, we do have those barbie girls but for the most part majority are not. People are friendly and very easy to talk to though. Its not so liberal here thank god. Cops can be ass holes.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It honestly never crossed my mind to quote WoO as an introductory line until you said that. And I can instantly see where it is a stupid idea. But thank you for the warning anyway.
As for dating, I've been happily married for 11 years, so that's no concern to me. And where I'm from, camping hunting and fishing almost used to be core educational requirements. Sportsman's Paradise isn't the official state nickname to be ironic...

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

It honestly never crossed my mind to quote WoO as an introductory line until you said that. And I can instantly see where it is a stupid idea. But thank you for the warning anyway.
As for dating, I've been happily married for 11 years, so that's no concern to me. And where I'm from, camping hunting and fishing almost used to be core educational requirements. Sportsman's Paradise isn't the official state nickname to be ironic...

Youll be good then and fit in just fine.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You: "Word of advise, dont use any wizard of oz quotes to make friends, its very old and nobody cares".

Respectfully? I was not seeking your opinion, not seeking any new friends...nor was I addressing anyone in Kansas...or attempting to dis-suade anyone from moving there. As far as "nobody cares"? The O.P. apparently does.

c/o KANSAPEDIA

www.kshs.org...

Wizard of Oz

"Originally titled "From Kansas to Fairyland," L. Frank Baum's classic The Wizard of Oz has become one of the most powerful sources of Kansas imagery..."

"...Dorothy, a little girl from Kansas, lives in a bleak, drab environment....."

Blame L.Frank Baum for the imagery...and not that it matters...but personally...I like Kansas.

MS

edit on 18-6-2017 by mysterioustranger because: err-oops

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You actually got my basic understanding of Kansas as a whole perfectly summarized.

Oh, and Teacher said I'm not supposed to talk to strangers. Especially mysterious ones. Unless they have candy or free kittens in their van.

I don't think Teacher likes me all that much, in retrospect.
edit on 18-6-2017 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Thank you. I was using L.Frank Baum's description he used in the WoO...and as said, I personally like Kansas. And corn....

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I've passed through a couple of times. Had a very bad experience with the county and local Law in Gove. I'll never set foot in that shuckerville again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join