It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing to live [CRE2017]

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This song is to thank for inspiring me with thi piece:
m.youtube.com...

Its time to let go dropping everything without a thought to give in to the force of the pen and write. Like a storm. The one who sits and writes is a furious tempest and through them the world shows its wild majesty.

There is a place where the soul knows that is light and free that takes you places you've only dreamed of for it is the place of dreams. It is known by many names, many visions see it differently but some here call it the shed. It is a place of wonder and magic of companionship and beauty but also of pain and loss, of struggle and most importantly of triumph.

Just go with the flow don't know where to go
Drifting along the river of words with my fingers as the paddles
Perched on the edge of my phone i write to clear the blight
Fighting for the write to gain insight
Into my mind, the world, thoughts of self and other
Seeking harmony from strife, peaceful discord
Writing to seek, learning to find
The words reveal themselves from my mind
Like a grand reveal one at a time
Creation is alive
It is me with the pen but you the reader
It is you these words are for
You create this just as much as me.
You are the guest here, so welcome to my world,
come and have a seat if i say so myself you're in for a treat
Words all lined up like food to eat
Take your time, sink your teeth in
Enjoy the little morsels, these ones you'll want in between your teeth

So i, give in again as many times as i can
So often i am torn away but i always return
The one who can find
A train to ride
Is blessed indeed
For, you see,
Magic is hard to breathe
And easy to read
So i, write for me
But its you who sees
The words i breathe
Revealed to us both
One at a time
Line after line
Neither of us knowing whats next
I tremble with anticipation and gobble them up eagerly
And i hope you do too.

Writing is life and life is writing. Perhaps the most powerfully true and poignant words that can ever be spoken are: "this is a book" just as an author sees his characters and the world they are in and is called to inhabit them so too is this world we call life so too our lives and the world around us.

So trouble your heart not with strife, or hardship, the pain of separation or evil. It is so hard for us in this story, we are so beset by turmoil and magic is hard to find in our weary minds. But the magic of the page allows us to reconnect with the magic of the world, the ever present motion of creation, each word falling into place as destined from the very beginning.

These words have a plan and a conclusion even though i haven't reached it yet, it is the natural order of things. They have a logical progression they follow to their natural conclusion even before i write them, they must or i could not write them. No thing is without purpose no matter how senseless or cruel, just that the worth of evil is in stepping away from it, to paraphrase lacan it is the object which finds its place in the system only in its exclusion.

Life is a journey just like the page, just like the music that flows through the instrument of the heart. Find your connection, your inspiration, whether you are called to be a writer or a musicians or a farmer or spaceman... Bruce lee was a martial artist and a movie star and is the most widely recognized unmysticized inspired individual.

Unfortunately our hearts and minds are inclined to distraction from beauty and truth and purpose, so like bruce we must train ourselves our bodies and our minds we must work at finding and using magic we must remember to look for beauty and magic especially when we are depressed or angry or anything negative, not only because it will help you the most but because even in the depths of the lowest pit is there magic and light to be found, for the one willing to look inside.

I shall part with this, [my signature here]

The End
edit on 18-6-2017 by LucidWarrior because: The song!!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Wow! As always Lucid, amazing!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Thank you for sharing your words with us Lucid. It is like a breath of fresh air to me.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Glad to be of service, brother.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

we must train ourselves our bodies and our minds we must work at finding and using magic we must remember to look for beauty and magic especially when we are depressed or angry or anything negative, not only because it will help you the most but because even in the depths of the lowest pit is there magic and light to be found, for the one willing to look inside.

THIS was great and I wish I could give you more than one flag!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: beachbound

Thank you beachbound! I am happy to be of service and provide some food for thought!

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I really enjoyed that and you captured some of the same feelings I have when writing. Oh, I'm no great author but it is almost spiritual as well as cathartic for me.
I feel I am so much more able to convey my true thoughts and feelings through writing. There are few that I can be as open with verbally.
Anyhow, long way around to give you praise!
Good job and good luck!!

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Oh i have no hesitation in saying writing is intensely spiritual for me. Glad you liked it so much! By the way i like your writing very much.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Well that now there is some real good writing son! You could write a novel and it would be a big seller I can tell you right now I'm big on reading books. I've got some good oldies.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Tennison

Well thank you very much tennison. Just gotta get around to writing the durned thing, haha!

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I bow my head in front of you. This is written simply and wonderfully. A rarity is to follow a similar and fresh style. You remind me of many Russian writers of the silver age. Indeed, writing about your own writing is the highest skill.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Racke

I bow my head in return.

new topics

top topics

join