It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of All the Shady Police Shootings, NONE Have Been Convicted....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is just crazy....

Out of all the crazy videos that have surfaced the last few years, none have been convicted..

My landlord is a retired police officer and is pro trump conservative and will freely admit that at least in the cases of Tamar Rice (kid at the park with a BB gun), Castillo (lisenced gun owner who informed the cop he was armed) and the officer who threw the taxer at the guys feet , then shot him in the back. Were all bad shootings, yet none were convicted of anything..

Castillo they only even went for involuntary manslaugter.. the lowest possible charge..

The PROBLEM is that it is virtually impossible to convict some one when the standard is "did they feel threatened?"

Right now all the justification any police officer needs to take your life, is to claim he felt threatened.

Well how do you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that some one didn't feel threatened???

How do you prove some one felt love or hate or anger or sadness????

You can't because a feeling is a subjective emotion not a measurable tangible thing!!!!

That is your problem, accountability!!!

not racism..or classism.. or whatever..

Accountability is the disease its just having a larger effect on minorities and low income people as symptoms.

The ability for the state to legally take the life of a civilian has got to be based on measurable criteria.. not some foo foo "I felt threatened..bs.."

You need to be able to say "I was threatened.. I verified the threat and took action to save myself and others."

edit on 17-6-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Tamir Rice was pointing a gun at passerby in an elementary school playground. When police arrived he reached for the gun. He was held accountable.

I'm also sure you want the dropouts and other worthless democrats held accountable and take away their welfare, food stamps, healthcare subsidies? And the women that have sex held accountable instead of getting taxpayer funded abortions?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

It's true that it's rare that an officer is convicted for unlawful use of deadly force, but it does happen.

I think the test is appropriately high for a successful conviction. An officer's "state of mind," is important. However, top notch training and mental health support/screenings should be a priority given that is the test.

I also think parents and schools would be wise to educate children on exactly how high that test is and why it is very important to consider the impact your actions have on an officer's 'state of mind,' when you are in a situation dealing with one.

Keep in mind, too, that even though an officer may not be successfully prosecuted, there are still consequences. Public scrutiny, fighting a legal battle, psychological traumas, fear of conviction, career/family implications, etc. are serious consequences.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Let's not forget police officers make around 50-60k a year to patrol places that resemble a war zone. Most people who will call the police out for excessive force would have used excessive force if in the same situation. There are far more incidents of justified force. The OP pointed out two cases of excessive force. I can literally find hundreds of cases of justified force.

I will start with Michael Brown and Eric Garner.
Both of whom resisted arrest and sadly died because of it...
Case closed.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Once the facts and details come out, there is nothing shady about them. You are buying the media narrative instead of the real life one.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Keep an eye on this one. This is the shooting that set off the Milwaukee riots last summer. Im 90% sure hes taking the long ride.
Not only did he shoot this guy a second time (the first shot seemed justified, the second was most definitely not), he also drugged and raped some guys from a local gay bar, and photographed it. They found the pics on his phone and everything. Hell be one of the first im sure.

www.tmj4.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">P.O.S Murdering Rapist cop
edit on 17/6/2017 by Brian4real because: Added vid

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

and the officer who threw the taxer at the guys feet , then shot him in the back. Were all bad shootings, yet none were convicted of anything..

Castillo they only even went for involuntary manslaugter..

Oh, no the back shooter was convicted of 2nd degree murder as of May 2017

Source
Life in prison is seemingly the likely result here.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Once the facts and details come out, there is nothing shady about them. You are buying the media narrative instead of the real life one.

blanket statements will always be wrong (note the irony in that statement btw)

Many cases are more complicated, but some have merit (see my previous post)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Except for the Louisiana cop that shot a six year old. He got convicted of manslaughter.

A Baltimore PD cop was convicted and sent to prison for shooting an unarmed suspect.

Slager, he officer that shot the guy in the back in South Carolina and dropped the Taser by him was not "convicted." But maybe, just maybe, that's because he pled guilty.

The list goes on. If you're going to try and make some earth shattering post like this, you should probably fact check it a little. That way you don't look quite so silly for posting patently false "information."

Fake news is bad, remember?
edit on 17-6-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm just gonna leave this here...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If we start convicting cops for doing what they are supposed to be doing, we might as well just get rid of the police force because no decent cop is going to work for them and risk going to prison to protect people or themselves.

Lets just get rid of all the cops and let people take care of themselves, everyone would need to get guns for that to work. If we did that, sooner or later all the criminals would be dead along with many good citizens.

Yes, doing their job there are going to be some innocent people killed by the cops. But remember this, the vast majority of those people who got shot were committing crimes. If someone is breaking into your home you have the right to shoot them, so do the cops, the cops actually have less rights than a person has in that respect, the cop has to follow certain rules, we do not. There are about three and a half million break ins a year in homes, many times there are people homes and people get hurt. There are also a lot of criminals out there on the streets, if they knew cops were afraid to shoot them because they may go to prison, then these people would do more harm to more and more people.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
I'm just gonna leave this here...

Brilliant
Yes
Walk a mile in the other persons shoes before casting stones.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Other posters have posted examples of police officers that have been found guilty of shootings.

I will only add that your section about affecting minorities more.

More whites are shot by police every year, and the definitive study on this done by a black man at Harvard that was expecting to find that unarmed blacks were shot more frequently by police, who was shcoked to find that actually unarmed white people were more likely to be shot.

The problem is when the idea that blacks are more likely to be shot has led to violence, riots, and even deaths, and s we have to be careful to be honest when discussing these cases.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If the people riot before the shooting videos and color of the officers involved is even released, does that mean that the cop were surely guilty of murder and deserve conviction?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Cops have a get out of jail free card, "I felt threatened".

You know, when the cops murdered a 12 y/o black boy within seconds of rolling up on him in a park or the latest cop to get off murdering a black man who told the cop he was a lawful open carrying gun owner and then murdered him when he went to get his license after said cop asked for it.

edit on 17-6-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Other posters have posted examples of police officers that have been found guilty of shootings.

I will only add that your section about affecting minorities more.

More whites are shot by police every year, and the definitive study on this done by a black man at Harvard that was expecting to find that unarmed blacks were shot more frequently by police, who was shcoked to find that actually unarmed white people were more likely to be shot.

The problem is when the idea that blacks are more likely to be shot has led to violence, riots, and even deaths, and s we have to be careful to be honest when discussing these cases.

Yea, since a Republican Congressman has been shot what worries me are we going back to attack LEO's? Soros isn't an idiot, but his minions who do his biddings sure as hell are........

They better think twice if that's their plan because Trump won't tolerate it and it will also do nothing but further destroy the Progressive party!

To be honest, I think both parties have failed and shown how incompetent they are to govern. Yet that might be the plan, get a couple more parties and further divide the nation?
edit on 17-6-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Maybe you should watch the video above. These scenarios happen all of the time.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
A system cannot fail those it was never meant to protect.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Timed

He was playing with a be gun at a park.. exactly like I did.. hell we had BB gun wars between the neighborhood kids and I personally remember pretending random people were aliens, monsters exc and pretending to shoot them from far away..

That is a totally normal action for a kid that age to make.

As to your welfare randomness..

Regular citizens are not paid, trained , armed and embued with incredible authority by the state..

When there is a police interaction, only one person involved is trained as to what should happen. So by any logic the "blame" for how the situation went falls at the feet of the officer..

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

That is a totally normal action for a kid that age to make.

And it's totally normal for a police officer to shoot anyone who points a gun at others.

I think your beef should be with BB gun makers that produce guns that look real and parents that would allow their kids to play with them.
edit on 17-6-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join