It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dresden Codex (aka Codex Dresdensis) -- Ancient Mayan text, free pdf ebook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
www.docdroid.net...

I found out about the Dresden Codex from a tweet from @EsotericExposal, it is the oldest known writings from the Americas, and on looking through the Hieroglyphs, there is so much that we can relate to Aliens, UFOs and even astral travel from what i have seen anyway, so i have started this thread to see if anyone else has any ideas of the messages the ancient Mayans are trying to convey in these writings, i will try and figure out how to put the PDF pages that i feel are relating to the things i spoke of, and it would be great to get some input from others on these interesting writings.

en.wikipedia.org...
The Dresden Codex is described by historian J. Eric S. Thompson as writings of the indigenous people of the Yucatán Peninsula in southeastern Mexico. Maya historians Peter J. Schmidt, Mercedes de la Garza, and Enrique Nalda confirm this.[12] Thompson further narrows the probable origin of the Dresden Codex to the area of Chichen Itza, because certain picture symbols in the codex are only found on monuments in that location. He also argues that the astronomical tables would support this as the place of origin. Thompson claims that the people of the Yucatán Peninsula were known to have done such studies around 1200 A.D. Thompson also notes the similar ceramic designs in the Chichen Itza area which are known to have ceased in the early thirteenth century.[13] British historian Clive Ruggles suggests, based on the analyses of several scholars, that the Dresden Codex is a copy and was originally written between the twelfth and fourteenth centuries.[14] Thompson narrows the date closer to 1200 to 1250.[15] Maya archaeologist Linton Satterthwaite puts the date when it was made as no later than 1345.[16] It is the oldest surviving book from the Americas.[1][17]

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Very interesting stuff. There's a lot of imagery that I just didn't expect. There seems to be many shamanistic visions. There's several skeleton people in the pages and on page 10 there is a cross-bones symbol on it's skirt. I've always considered this a Eurasian symbol for some reason. Also, the stylized hand gesture that is repeated the most is reminiscent of the hand gestures often attributed to Jesus and Buddha in artistic renditions. S&F.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Thanks for the download. Looking forward to reading it. The codex I know just a little about. Thanks again Davg80!

MS

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Werejaguars are sweet.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

i feel it is to do with astral travel, many of them are in the lotus position and its as if there are different images surrounding each of them (experiences from the astral plain for each individual possibly?), who themselves look very diff from each other, you will be able to shed more light on what it is about than me, look forward to hear your input MS... cheers
edit on 17-6-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Well...with 50+ years of transcendental meditation and practiced astral-travel...Im intrigued.***

Thanks again very much. Since its only 75 pages...Ill get back soon to you...

Best, MS

*** “The sensation that you experience in the body, is your spirit, but it’s so attached, that it’s hard to imagine, that the sensation can ever be separated from the physical body. In long hours of meditation, you can separate your sensation from the physical body.”
― Roshan Sharma
edit on 17-6-2017 by mysterioustranger because: add

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The Maya actually calculated solar and lunar eclipse timetables. Today we would use a simple algorithm with a digital calculator. But they would have had to do it manually (unless they had some kind of wheel/gear calculator). I remember there were whole tables written down. Perhaps the blocks of glyphs are dates/times and the pictures are star constellations?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Cool to see them in meditation positions. I did not know that about them. And several images with offerings. Were they on drugs during this? I see them crushing plants in a bowl.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: IntimateCat

They crushed said offerings in a bowl along with blood drawn from the (ehem) and tongue.

Really interesting stuff really..

-Transformation rituals has been an interesting subject for me for quite some time.
edit on 18-6-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join