It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mothman Flap In Chicago

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
a reply to: anotheramethyst

Aww man.. I wish cellphones and cameras was invented
I am sure there would be lots of pictures of this entity flying around in Chicago.
Ohh well

When faced with something like a moth man, most people don't usually have "hmmm. I should document the literal demon standing/charging before me for the convenience of scientists." Idk who you think you are but I highly doubt you'd Get a worthwhile picture of it if you even thought to pull out a cell phone. Procuring Photographic evidence isn't a survival instinct

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Seems to me if this freak is gonna hang around as a local
warning. He needs to communicate that a little better.
He didn't do much good in point pleasant. Or maybe no
one listens to night phantoms without a cellphonic
emergency terrifying high pitch squelch alert?

IDK

Mothman, Meth Monster what's the difference?
edit on Rpm70617v54201700000011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: StookieWilliams

I am sure there would be lots of pictures of this entity flying around in Chicago.
Ohh well

When faced with something like a moth man, most people don't usually have "hmmm. I should document the literal demon standing/charging before me for the convenience of scientists." Idk who you think you are but I highly doubt you'd Get a worthwhile picture of it if you even thought to pull out a cell phone. Procuring Photographic evidence isn't a survival instinct

Sure if you believe every time anyone and anyone nearby is in a life and death moment when seeing this..
Just one bystander need to not freak out .. and take a picture
Not all people are scared little leafs

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I found the original story interesting though I don't think it's more than fiction.
If some tragedy befalls Chicago soon I guess we can revisit this.

You mean, more tragic than Chicago normally is, where a "good" weekend is when less than a hundred people get shot?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Not all events are conducive to getting a good picture. I can't even tell you how many times I've wanted a pic of a raccoon, or a deer, or something of the sort, and wasn't able to get the camera open and aimed in time.

That's normal. When something happens quickly and unexpectedly, usually the only time it's captured on film is when cameras were already set up (like traffic cameras, for example).

I mean, if Bigfoot breaks down your door, steals you hot dog, and leaves, you simply are not going to have the presence of mind to grab your phone and turn on the video record function in the couple of seconds that elapse before the incident ends

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
dear god... please tell me you don't seriously think that photo is legit....

I think it's interesting. I don't know enough about its origins to make any judgement one way or another as to whether it's legit.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

I give up. What are we supposed to be seeing in that pic?
(please don't say the bird, please don't say the bird, please don't say the bird)

The whatever-that-flying-thing is in the background.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Not all events are conducive to getting a good picture. I can't even tell you how many times I've wanted a pic of a raccoon, or a deer, or something of the sort, and wasn't able to get the camera open and aimed in time.

That's normal. When something happens quickly and unexpectedly, usually the only time it's captured on film is when cameras were already set up (like traffic cameras, for example).

I mean, if Bigfoot breaks down your door, steals you hot dog, and leaves, you simply are not going to have the presence of mind to grab your phone and turn on the video record function in the couple of seconds that elapse before the incident ends

Exactly! People just don't have a camera aimed and ready all of the time, even the most self-absorbed, selfie fanatics, to capture everything.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Due to crime in Chicago, there are an estimated 10,000 city-owned video cameras, recording at all times. They are high up on skyscrapers...down at street level, and everywhere in between.

If Mothman is visible in Chicago, Mothman has been captured on video.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It needs to start flying over the ghetto at night, it might scare all the hoodlums off the street and put a dent in the crime rate

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: StookieWilliams

Ohh well

Sure if you believe every time anyone and anyone nearby is in a life and death moment when seeing this..
Just one bystander need to not freak out .. and take a picture
Not all people are scared little leafs

How on earth would you not freak out if a seven foot tall, red eyed, moth based humanoid who has a wrap for causing disaster was flying around your city?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Moth man, mothman, mothmannn...duh duh duh duh duh

Mothmannn!

Where Spring Heeled Jack jumping around like Super Mario slapping soldiers.
edit on 13-7-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WHWIV
Next time you are about to be in a car accident, be sure to film it.

When that big meteorite went down in Russia, lots of people filmed it because apparently having a dash camera is necessary to avoid people hitting you on purpose and then suing you. They'll start including them as standard equipment on trunks and rearview mirrors soon.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Yeah, my first reflex to this story was "since nearly everyone has a camera in their pocket, how can there be no pictures??". But I think I agree that if someone sees something jarring and it's fleeting, their first instinct is not to get out their phone. If the thing hangs around long enough (say more than 10 seconds), maybe - but if it's a fleeting glimpse, it's understandable that there's no photos, even with this many sightings..

Now, whether or not it's a "mothman" is a totally different question..

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Due to crime in Chicago, there are an estimated 10,000 city-owned video cameras, recording at all times. They are high up on skyscrapers...down at street level, and everywhere in between.

If Mothman is visible in Chicago, Mothman has been captured on video.

Ah but you forget that supernatural things often avoid video.

No real stake in this discussion; just find it interesting.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
August 11, 2017

This updated article contains photos that were (accidentally) taken of the MothMan (or MothWoman?) in flight.
patch.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
what is it about paranormal or otherworldly phenomena that makes a person forget to take a photo or capture some video? the same people taking amusing selfies literally every day somehow miss an opportunity to expose urban myths with their fancy iphone technology. its an odd pattern that frustrates me.

Oh come on. While you're crapping your pants if anything, toilet paper is on your mind.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Ohh well

Sometimes, people do catch a picture of something odd.

WTC pic, in this case, but still...

Yeah is that for real? What's scary is that woman in green with no face.

PS

Check out that thing captured in Phoenix Arizona on a cell at night. Just check YT as I can't link it now. Anyways, I think I'm in love LOL
edit on 14-8-2017 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofWeird

Ohh well

Sometimes, people do catch a picture of something odd.

WTC pic, in this case, but still...

Yeah is that for real? What's scary is that woman in green with no face.

PS

Check out that thing captured in Phoenix Arizona on a cell at night. Just check YT as I can't link it now. Anyways, I think I'm in love LOL

No idea if it's real or not. Never once seen anyone properly prove it isn't, though. Very strange!! The green, lol! I think her back is to us, but wow, at a glance, she does look weird!

You have to mean this one -

That is freaky!! Is it just me, or is the shape similar to what's in the WTC pic?? Anything bad happen in Phoenix around January/February time frame? They seem to collect before disasters.....

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Oh my goodness, it's an Angel of Darkness. 10 feet tall and not emitting any heat signature!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join