It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of Americans don’t know where chocolate milk comes from

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

The store.

After it comes from a factory.

After it comes form a ship.

After it comes from a tropical fruit tree.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

That's how I learned where it came from! Good ol CBS chocolate cow.

Then I had a life crisis when I learned it comes from the Nestle Quick Bunny.

Never trusted animals since then.

peace

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: AndyMayhew

The store.

After it comes from a factory.

After it comes form a ship.

After it comes from a tropical fruit tree.

So does cocain in fact making coka cola would naturally contain cocain. Talk about addictive
edit on 6/17/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Coco and Cocao are two totally different plants. Totally. Different.

I heard Coca Cola put the coca back in Coke Classic, the fraction they use has all the nose candy portions stripped out and its just in there for flavoring.

In terms of addictiveness, apparently people make tea from raw leaves in South America and its not toooo much different than a really strong tea (including actually being really good for you). Its the people that chew the raw leaves that get hooked like chawen backer (chewing tobacco) users. Or something along all those lines we here in North America will hardly ever really know unless go on vacation down there (where its all a traditional thing).

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There is no survey...fake news

Source for the survey has no mention of the survey on their website.

NPR reporting on the survey resulted in only 7% of the 1000 answered chocolate milk comes from brown cows. 7% of the 1000 participants vs a headline Half of Americans....

NPR link

What is ridiculous that people believe survey takers actually wrote a serious response to the question does chocolate milk come from brown cows?

If the survey is real, I'm betting 99.9% of the answers were sarcastic.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: dawnstar

the chocolate is just an ingredient added to the milk to enchance it.

sounds like that's exactly what his six year old said in a in a six year old's manner.

Follow up from my kid

I told him that chocolate comes from a tree.

Son: "A chocolate tree?"

Me: "The cacao tree."

Son: "Ka-kow? That kinda sounds like cow..."

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Exactly. It was taken very serious too by those students in Ag classes. It wasn't normally considered to be just some other elective class. Those students knew the Ag business to some degree already usually and knew that was where they wanted to go after school so it was their starting point for their future career in most cases. In fact it was one of the few types of classes in high school that actually resulted in teaching something useful that students could really use in the real world. Especially in this area where Agriculture is like THE major industry.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

By the way, Mojo, it's a bit surprising to see you into the 'I'm typical' fallacy. Our personal experience is not always common to others, as you know .

That's why I made sure to point out the part with "at least where I live" to give everyone some context from which I'm speaking. I would still think overall that just about everyone should be able to say where Milk comes from or where eggs come from though. Even when born and raised in a city. I mean dairy products are even advertised in most cases with a damn cow on the package so I would think people should be able to work that one out.

Which is funny because that reminds me of when my wife and I saw some packaging once in the market that was labeled "Baby Bologna" with a picture of a human baby on it. Obviously it was just bologna made for babies, but we laughed because that isn't usually the way you would see meat packaged. We had to snap a picture of it just so we could show people.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

where do you live?

here chocolate milk is made with whole milk.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

they're both stored in the freezer.

in many stores also near the fruit juice.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

They make incredible strong ropes with the spider silk.
it can also be woven.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB
a reply to: rickymouse

where do you live?

here chocolate milk is made with whole milk.

The local stores all carry 2 percent here. There could be some store we do not go to often that has the regular stuff, but only the low fat versions seem to be around in the two local markets..

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Over-milked cows produce bloody milk. To cover it up, they invented Chocolate Milk. Everyone knows that, right?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join