It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians Could Face Hate Crimes Over Using The Wrong Gender Pronouns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Men with guns will say it is legal. And until men in suits say it isn't you will be fined, jailed or dead. Those are the only outcomes of this law.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I think this bill was passed for the professional environment only not the everyday life conversations and banter.

Either way, why does it matter to you? Does it impede on your everyday life?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

One more reason never to never visit Canada. These lawmakers are out of their d@mn minds.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Believe it or not, people have ""everyday" conversations at work.

I think this bill was passed for the professional environment only not the everyday life conversations and banter.

Does me commenting on your countries fascism impede on your everyday life? Remember you clicked on this thread.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Am I the only one that sees a major unintended consequence to this law? People in the workplace will be so intimidated by this, they'll intentionally avoid the whatsits and avoid any verbal discourse with them at all costs. The effect will be muzzling of all speech and the necessary reduction of it to one word responses and hasty retreat. So much for communication in the workplace.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Beach Bum

I might visit, but I certainly wouldn't talk to the bastards.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

edit on 17-6-2017 by Specimen because: # it

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think I'm just going to start referring to everyone and everything as 'it'. Technically 'it' isn't a gender pronoun its just a vague descriptor for something general and vague. So I feel like it should be accurate for any gender they can throw at me and I'm already setup for when non-humans start their protests about how to be identified. Everything shall be the totally non-offensive, non-discriminating, non-descriptive 'it'.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Believe it or not, people have ""everyday" conversations at work.

Does me commenting on your countries fascism impede on your everyday life? Remember you clicked on this thread.

Where is the fascism?

Last time I checked you can't discriminate against women or men or people of any age, religion, ethnicity, etc in the work place.
And the transgender people I am pretty sure met A LOT of discrimination in the work place.

This is simply a bill to recognize these peoples life choices.
edit on 17-6-2017 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

If I got to tell ya, you won't see it.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

If I got to tell ya, you won't see it.

I live here. You don't.
How can you make such a statement as bold as yelling LEFTISTS!
And then call us fascists?
Doesn't make sense.

You are making assumptions here.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Beach Bum

The problem is, is that Canada has a tendency to try to cater to ideal victims of ignorance, like lgbt or persecuted people's mainly because Canada for it size lacks a lot man power...o wait, people power so I don't get sued.

I'm pretty sure like more then a hundred years ago, Canada pop, was so spread thin it birth rate was almost zero. And yet for it size there is a good reason why, it might as well be the American Siberia, without the dam Mudd.

In reality though and over time they will just move on to the next one, again and again and will eventually forget and treat them like...NORMAL people. They just want more meat for the meat grinder, taxes.

Ontario actually helps and fund a good chunk of money into Alberta, and maybe even other provinces which is why it pretty much a debt trap.

And ironically Canadians an business wanna move down to the states where as the Americans wanna come up here. Better off in southern Mexico.
edit on 17-6-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Right, a law that penalizes people (for example) for calling a her a him. Even if him looks like a him, even though her has a him organ, and even if him has stubble.

This is ripe for abuse and also seems to be a totalitarian and fascist way to make people responsible for something they should have no claim to.
edit on 17-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Right, a law that penalizes people (for example) for calling a her a him. Even if him looks like a him, even though her has a him organ, and even if him has stubble.

This is ripe for abuse and also seems to be a totalitarian and fascist way to make people responsible for something they should have no claim to.

OK. Give me a hypothetical situation. Realistic.
You can yell and assume all you want. But reality is, I think you are looking for something that won't get to the point of crying human rights violations. Like I said. This is to protect people in professional environments. Not the streets.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
No, you won't go to prison for using the wrong name/title.

Long story short, this bill changes the punishment for a crime, it does not add new crimes for punishment.

If you harass someone, and the harassment includes discrimination based on their gender, which now includes a persons chosen gender not just their birth gender, you may face extra punishment.

And no, Ontario does not help fund Alberta (Alberta sends more money to Ottawa than it gets back from Ottawa). Ontario has in the past, but they haven't done so recently.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Poor Canada. Pitch forked and touches if I was you. How dare such a silly minority of unusual people enforce others to Conform the their dumb ass sensitive feelings.

What next. Aresting you because you don't want to date a girl with a penis because she has a penis. I think alot of trans people will just end up old and lonely as its only them and the trans world that see it not being a problem. I doubt any straight person would date or love a trans like they would love a women or a gay partner. Especially when all their fake body melts with age.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

You are asking for an unknown, and I am not yelling. We are calmly discussing this.

I would be surprised if this does not roll over into regular non work social situations, there is your hypothetical.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Harassment is a ambiguous term and is ripe for abuse.

Have fun. The trans community talks in new phrases as you can see in this video from beautiful Toronto.

You guys are screwed, these sensitive idiots are going to tie up the courts with a slight look or a sudden change in meanings of nouns.
edit on 17-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

You are asking for an unknown, and I am not yelling. We are calmly discussing this.

I would be surprised if this does not roll over into regular non work social situations, there is your hypothetical.

Again. How is it any different than other peoples human rights?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Who needs to read the full Bill in its entirety from start to finish when all one has to do is zip over to some blog called thedailycaller.com to be told in just a couple of paragraphs what its all about, eh ?

Ya baby... keep that koolaid intravenous drip going at full speed ahead.

I have a question specifically for the Canadians in this thread:

How many of you are aware that the province/territory you live in has most likely already made this amendment to their own provincial laws with regards to discrimination (adding gender identity to the list of groups that can no longer be discriminated against along with the other groups specified in the Human Rights Act) ?

Many provinces have already made this change long ago.

How many of you realize that this Bill (amendment) simply represents a federal level change that has already been happening at a provincial level across Canada 2 years ago, 3 years ago, 4 years ago, or maybe even longer than that ?

Oh, you didn't notice ?

So nobody has been getting arrested and tossed in jail for using the wrong pronoun in your province ?

Do you wonder why that is ?

Yeah, I'll let you fine folks figure out why that is....

edit on 17-6-2017 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join