It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart adopts VR training

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: Groot

In other words, you don't have a response. You could always be productive and try to educate me or discuss the issue.

Or I suppose you can always be dismissive, and then come back here and complain about not having a job in 15 years.

Oh I have a response, but it would fall on deaf ears.

You only care about corporate issues, not the labor producing the product.
Edging out the common worker to save the companies money.

There is some VR tech they are pushing in the elevator business you should look into, but not in my area of work.

BTW, I retire in a few years with a nice little pension.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

Try me. However, I do recognize that in our current system the most competitive product wins. Labor that involves less risk to the business is going to wind up being superior. The fact that such a path also results in a more educated work force is just gravy. That extra education means extra leverage, which means the employee gets a better deal.

The work force is trending towards lots of automation and a few highly paid workers. With a bunch of unemployed. There's not really a reason to do things less efficiently than that.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Try me. However, I do recognize that in our current system the most competitive product wins. Labor that involves less risk to the business is going to wind up being superior. The fact that such a path also results in a more educated work force is just gravy. That extra education means extra leverage, which means the employee gets a better deal.

The work force is trending towards lots of automation and a few highly paid workers. With a bunch of unemployed. There's not really a reason to do things less efficiently than that.

Ah, so go screw the working man and woman , automation is the way and save the company money. What if I told you those that are unemployed can not buy those products any longer? Then what happens. Sales drop. Rich people aren't buying products from stores like Walmart.

See where I am going with this?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Ah, so go screw the working man and woman , automation is the way and save the company money. What if I told you those that are unemployed can not buy those products any longer? Then what happens. Sales drop. Rich people aren't buying products from stores like Walmart.

See where I am going with this?

I fail to see what employment has to do with income. We've already hit a point where there's not enough jobs for everyone. Doing things a less than optimal way just so everyone has a job isn't the path forward. Other options like basic income exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join