It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London fire: Protesters storm town hall

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Protesters in this case are not actually demanding for truth and responsibility of what happened. In reality they are EU controlled puppets who's only purpose is to derail the brexit procedures. Will they succeed in such thing? I don't believe so!

Italy, Germany, The Netherlands and France are especially involved in the organization of such protests in the UK
edit on 16-6-2017 by Flanker86 because: c

(post by InceyWincey removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: crazyewok

From what I've seen, the only people in that building were immigrants. How does that happen? I don't quite get it. Don't any "native" Britons live in London?

In the 1950's, at the time that African countries were demanding independence, refugees who had worked for the British started coming over, fearing for their lives, then found themselves with nowhere to live. A court ruling meant that councils could not insist on having local ties in order to gain access to housing. So that ruling was applied nationwide. Then there was a housing modernisation program which demolished old terraced streets and replaced with with high rise blocks. In the 1980's, families were encouraged to buy out their council homes because in many cases, they were of higher standard that what the private sector was building. Then people modernised with cladding, double glazing, extensions, central heating, satellite/cable TV and become wealthy through property.

Shortages of housing stock lead to priority lists being created based on how many children you have, whether you have any savings or earnings. So a family of six from Sudan takes priority over a working couple from Croydon. So then it becomes a competition to get a council house - how deep in poverty can you get. British benefits are now having to be capped at having two children, in the past you got paid by how many children you had.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I will be angry, demand justice, but I will never take to the streets to cause chaos, mayhem, destruction of private property because I am angry.

I am sure that is many that will wait for justice because they will have it no matter what.

But those behind violent agendas, terror and destruction will no think to times for an excuse to take over.

All that will happen is another long drawn out enquiry like the Hillsborough enquiry, like the Iraq war enquiry. It'll last years and in the end nothing will happen. The Government are colluding with the media here not to release the actual figures of those dead for there own poxy selfish reasons. 20 my arse.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I am sure that with that type of destruction in a big housing community is going to be more than just 20 lost souls, but the only way that people will be able to get real numbers is with the family of the those that can not be accounted for.

Sadly it was a lot of immigrants and many will not want to talk because they are afraid.

Sad.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Looking at pictures of that terrible tragedy, I don't understand why that building, on fire from top to bottom, did not collapse like the twin towers?

Um, because it was a concrete building, not a steel skyscaper.

P.S. It was also a natural fire, not a controlled demolition.....

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

originally posted by: pikestaff
Looking at pictures of that terrible tragedy, I don't understand why that building, on fire from top to bottom, did not collapse like the twin towers?

Um, because it was a concrete building, not a steel skyscaper.

P.S. It was also a natural fire, not a controlled demolition.....

I'm pretty sure that if it was hit by a jumbo jet laden with fuel doing 400 mph the building would be down.
edit on 16-6-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

That's the worst part about it. The actual number dead is likely triple figures, and with a large percentage children.

There will be no answers for years, even decades. The firefighter's report will be censored. There will be nobody held accountable. The families of the victims will spend years of their lives, every penny they don't have, and rely on the charity of lawyers willing to work for beans to fight the government. When everyone already knows the truth, it is all out there now.

It disgusts me how people are using this for political gain, and how they are more concerned with saving their own skins than coming out, admitting responsibility and doing everything they can to deal with the situation. And we have another five years of these rats in power.
edit on 16/6/2017 by MetalChickAmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Umm ... maybe because there was no thermite in this London inferno. *crickets?*

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy

That's the worst part about it. The actual number dead is likely triple figures, and with a large percentage children.

There will be no answers for years, even decades. The firefighter's report will be censored. There will be nobody held accountable. The families of the victims will spend years of their lives, every penny they don't have, and rely on the charity of lawyers willing to work for beans to fight the government. When everyone already knows the truth, it is all out there now.

It disgusts me how people are using this for political gain, and how they are more concerned with saving their own skins than coming out, admitting responsibility and doing everything they can to deal with the situation. And we have another five years of these rats in power.

Poeple are talking in the hundreds of millions of ££ to add fire safety to these buildings. I worked for a company for a couple of years that did fire suppression and i can assure you i could have built a system that would have flooded the outside of that building on all four sides for hours for less than £20,000.

Then again i wouldn't have covered the building in highly flammable cladding in the first place. What a # up.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Just to make clear who is responsible for the fire regulation`s or lack of them.

metro.co.uk...

Govt congratulating them selves about cutting the regulations.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I will admit that I have not looked into the details of this fire thoroughly, but here are a couple of my thoughts.

First my thoughts are with all those affected. I don't know who to blame, but I understand their anger. I hope the get the peace they deserve.

Secondly, it appears this was mostly immigrants living here. I am not sure if that includes refugees or not.

Regardless, no matter how well intentioned the government is, if they can't afford to provide the most basic of things such as safe shelter to these people, then they are doing no good leaving them in.

The whole point of bringing immigrants in is to give them a chance at a great life, and if the government is putting them in unsafe buildings, they are robbing them of that promise.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join