It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London fire: Protesters storm town hall

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
How the hell didn't they get away without having a sprinkler system?
That had to violate fire code.

Nope not in the UK for old buildings.

New building yes, old no..... but I have a feeling that wil change.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

If that's true you will have a hard time finding anyone liable.
Dumb? Yes
Guilty? No

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

If that's true you will have a hard time finding anyone liable.
Dumb? Yes
Guilty? No

Well the block of flats was owned by the local government.

Not so much as liability here but whether the government is willing to commit political sucide by leaving the victims out in the cold.

Our PM already has the reputation of being a heartless brute........so if she doesnt help she will give the opposition everything they need to finish her off.
edit on 16-6-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

From what I've seen, the only people in that building were immigrants. How does that happen? I don't quite get it. Don't any "native" Britons live in London?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

From what I've seen, the only people in that building were immigrants. How does that happen? I don't quite get it. Don't any "native" Britons live in London?

There where somes brits.

But yes alot of the poorest people in londom are immigrants as the government shops them in by the boat load then dumps them on local councils who dont have the resources to deal with them, so they end up in basically slums.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

edit on 16-6-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I can not recall exactly were I heard it , perhaps on RT news. The residents were told to stay in their flats in case of fire as the fire could not spread internally. I believe it was the cladding that spread the fire as they were plastic. so the fire raced up the tower filling it with smoke inside. They had just spent 10 million pounds refurbishing the block. But no fire protection refurbished?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: illuminnaughty
I can not recall exactly were I heard it , perhaps on RT news. The residents were told to stay in their flats in case of fire as the fire could not spread internally. I believe it was the cladding that spread the fire as they were plastic. so the fire raced up the tower filling it with smoke inside. They had just spent 10 million pounds refurbishing the block. But no fire protection refurbished?

Thats the current theory.

I want to wait until the firedepartment gives its final report.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

There where somes brits.

But yes alot of the poorest people in londom are immigrants as the government shops them in by the boat load then dumps them on local councils who dont have the resources to deal with them, so they end up in basically slums.

With a government like that,
who needs enemies?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Theresa was at a church close to the tower block and had to escape as the people were waiting for her outside. Here is a link to the story.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

How the hell didn't they get away without having a sprinkler system?
That had to violate fire code.

Nope not in the UK for old buildings.

New building yes, old no..... but I have a feeling that wil change.

Might start investing my money into sprinkler firms hah

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: illuminnaughty

The internal newsletters informed the residents of a "stay in place" rule (July 2014):

"Emergency fire arrangements
Our longstanding ‘stay put’ policy stays in force until you are
told otherwise. This means that (unless there is a fire in your flat
or in the hallway outside your flat) you should stay inside your
flat. This is because Grenfell was designed according to rigorous
fire safety standards. Also, the new front doors for each flat can
withstand a fire for up to 30 minutes, which gives plenty of time
for the fire brigade to arrive. "

www.kctmo.org.uk...

They even had a whole suite of satellite dishes installed so that residents could watch foreign channels not accessible to regular sky subscriptions:

www.kctmo.org.uk...

You can view all these newsletters by searching for:

site:www.kctmo.org.uk... newsletter pdf

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have a feeling it's all about to kick off in London...Could spread elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

There's still "native" Britons in west London they are simply sat in their houses and driving their luxury Range Rovers

edit on 16-6-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Well this is going to be use as an excuse for those that have hidden agendas to start some problems in the city.

I will not be surprised if the find the fire incident as an excuse to start riots.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Well this is going to be use as an excuse for those that have hidden agendas to start some problems in the city.

I will not be surprised if the find the fire incident as an excuse to start riots.

If one of my family died in such a horrific way and i knew it should have been avoided i'd be angry enough to start the #ing riot. It takes a special kinda person to keep a cool head in times of grief. Especially if they have been killed unlawfully...I'm not that kinda special.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Did any of the these people have insurance, or are the expecting everyone else to pay for their central London life and council housing?

While I know this is a tragedy and possibly avoidable, there are questions to answer as to why there were so many people in these flats. There are plenty of empty flats outside London. These people demanding help would probably refuse help elsewhere. They want to stay in London, even if they don't come from London.

Many couldnt afford insurance. Not sure what you mean by so many living in the flats?

And its difficult for them to move out of london when they work in london

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
What about the local religious centers taking these folks in?

First thing that happened - local churches, mosques and sikh temples providing accomodation, clothes, food etc And many others besides. Twitter was swamped by offers of help.

One of the good things that came out of this disaster: everyone in the community, regardless of race, creed, religion helping one another unconditionally

Sadly, I think some political agitators will try and undo this good

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I will be angry, demand justice, but I will never take to the streets to cause chaos, mayhem, destruction of private property because I am angry.

I am sure that is many that will wait for justice because they will have it no matter what.

But those behind violent agendas, terror and destruction will no think to times for an excuse to take over.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

I didn't know that aspect. Thanks for providing that feedback. That is great to hear, and I agree and hope this is a catalyst for the community to come together, get to know each other on a personal level, and begin to tear down the walls of generalization. Ideally, it would also provide a trusted conduit for information about radicals of all kinds being discussed and the information shared with the authorities before another tragedy occurs.

I don;t think protesting the government on this issue at this time is helping anything though. If anything, it is going to further divide the community.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join