It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grenfell Tower London Fire ... a conspiracy in the making?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The situation is still evolving as new information is being made available. Round the minute updates being reported by all mainstream media outlets in the UK, and globally.

It has been a terrible tragedy indeed, one that should have been prevented. 62 hours have now elapsed since the tragedy started.

We were told initially that somewhere between 500-700 tenants lived in the tower, spread across 120-127 apartments.

Since then, some 30 dead bodies have been identified, and less than 100 have been accounted for as survivors. The figures may be slightly off as there are a lot of unknowns and an unwillingness to share real figures. This is either due to ongoing operations and information sensitivity or governmental reasons for managing the flow of information to the public.

It will take many many weeks to get the full picture of how many perished, as recovering bodies takes a while.

Many, including myself, feel that the government are downplaying the scale of this tragedy, as potentially hundreds are unaccounted for, and many of the families have not been kept up to date as they search for missing relatives.

Understandably there would be a reluctance to release figures at this stage, even to distressed families, as we would need confirmed any data before sending out. However it is also in the interest of the government (due to political reasons) to want to keep a lid on the scale of this tragedy given the gross negligence to apply proper safety regulations in the tower. The parties involved in overseeing the regulations and any structural changes to the tower have links to the currently elected government - which recently failed to secure a majority vote in the General election a week ago.

It is a huge embarrassment, that also ties in with the discrimination that the tenants face in that particular area of London. Poor living side by side with the rich, many of the victims feel this was done on purpose.

There are unconfirmed reports being made by individuals on the ground that have spoken directly to firefighters which say they have discovered around 150-200 bodies so far. There are also unconfirmed reports of a DSMA gag order being issued which prevents MSM outlets from divulging any figures or information that isn't authorized.

This order was supposedly issues under the order of 'national security', quite understandable given the tension and explosive atmosphere of the current situation. This is something to bear in mind, if a true figure of the death toll is not properly announced in the coming months. Cover-ups tend to happen very early on in large scale incidents where many deaths are involved.

I, and others, may be jumping the gun here, but we are all disturbed by the tragedy that has occurred here and we do not want to see the scale of it being downplayed in any form or manner. As long as the full truth comes out in due time, and as long as the distressed families are given the information they need at this time then justice can continue it's course.

edit on 16-6-2017 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101
It is a tragedy, not a conspiracy.
A tragedy which could have been avoided.
A tragedy nonetheless.

ETA #not17

edit on 16-6-2017 by InceyWincey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

There are unconfirmed reports being made by individuals on the ground that have spoken directly to firefighters which say they have discovered around 150-200 bodies so far. There are also unconfirmed reports of a DSMA gag order being issued which prevents MSM outlets from divulging any figures or information that isn't authorized.

Probably because if maintenance on safety systems was lagging, then that also means the inspections were lagging too. Especially with overcrowding, something that becomes more of a problem the higher rents climb. The tenants overcrowd, the landlord collects and the gubment looks the other way.

So shhh...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Not sure if this was "vetted"

Has it been debunked?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That is a valid point, there so many things have gone wrong here, I want to see how the government will save face.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: InceyWincey
A tragedy nonetheless.

I genuinely hope it doesn't become a conspiracy and justice is served for the victims. But I am following this closely, and watching the information flow out at a snails pace with regards to the damage and scales.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
There are also unconfirmed reports of a DSMA gag order being issued which prevents MSM outlets from divulging any other figures

DSMA orders are not issued because of fires. Where's the national security angle? Is London really on the edge of the abyss because of this tragedy?

You say you don't want to speculate and that it's too early for facts, yet you are speculating. You are speculating about the speculation.

We don't know the scale because the ash has not yet cooled. It is quite possible that the tragedy will offer up more deaths, but it is also possible that current estimates are accurate. while the families need to know, they cannot be told if there;s nothing to tell.

edit on 16/6/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The most conspiracy-esque part of this whole story is the building and fire itself.

I swear the first thing that went into my mind when I saw the building burning was... "I bet it won't free fall to the ground. "

Now.. someone might say... different building, different circumstances... or maybe... no jet fuel...

All I'm sayin' is... some $h1tty apartment building can burn to a crisp and frame still stands... but the twin tow--... you guys get it.

It is a tragedy EITHER way. Shame so many lost their lives...

edit on 16-6-2017 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
There are also unconfirmed reports of a DSMA gag order being issued which prevents MSM outlets from divulging any other figures

DSMA orders are not issued because of fires. Where's the national security angle? Is London really on the edge of the abyss because of this tragedy?

You say you don't want to speculate and that it's too early for facts, yet you are speculating. You are speculating about the speculation.

We don't know the scale because the ash has not yet cooled. It is quite possible that the tragedy will offer up more deaths, but it is also possible that current estimates are accurate. while the families need to know, they cannot be told if there;s nothing to tell.

The links I attached explain the 'national security' angle, if it was indeed issued. All I'm saying in my post is that it has been over 2 days, and many hundreds of people lived in that tower, and only a fraction have been accounted for.

It is a very fair assumption that the death tool will be very high, but why is the no more information being made available about tenants that are missing but weren't in the fire for example?

We are not getting a clear enough idea of the scale of the event, even this early on.

At least tell us that *this* many we know did not perish and have been accounted for, and roughly *this* many are likely still inside the building, and have not survived.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
All I'm sayin' is... some $h1tty apartment building can burn to a crisp and frame still stands... but the twin tow--... you guys get it.

It is a smaller building and a different design. It also didn't have the shock of an airliner hitting it either.

What I want to know is about the story of the refrigerator causing the fire. Who or what owns this building? That's been kept quiet.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

It is a smaller building and a different design. It also didn't have the shock of an airliner hitting it either.

What I want to know is about the story of the refrigerator causing the fire. Who or what owns this building? That's been kept quiet.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If the work was carried out on the cheap, if the sprinklers didn't work, if the fire alarms didn't work and anything else that shows saving money over human life then the whole of the UK should fight to achieve manslaughter charges for all involved !!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
My first thoughts that night:

At the end it will be spinned and it will have been a terror attack then, for sure. Big Bother needs to grow, so even if a bag of rice topples over in China, it was a terror attack and total surveillance in the west has to grow, for "our security", for sure...

The terrorists here are those that are guilty because of wrong politics, because of greed, because of not caring about not rich people and all that ugly stuff!

edit on 16 6 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

That is a little strange indeed. Where did you come across this? It does have the same id number as the post above it too. Hope others take a look at this. Be a strange typo kind of thing being a time stamp.

edit on 6/16/17 by onehuman because: Wanted to add the picture again by quoting the post but can't now. I hope people go back and look at it closely

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

D-notices are not put on specific events anymore rather there are 5 standing notices like the location of nuclear weapons for example, also the system is actually voluntary. This idea of "slapping on a d-notice" any time the government doesn't want something published is a myth

So any reports of a d-notice gag are rubbish

It is quite normal not to release speculation about the number of dead. We probably won't find out until next week how many have died

edit on 16-6-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

D-notices are not put on specific events anymore rather there are 5 standing notices like the location of nuclear weapons for example, also the system is actually voluntary. This idea of "slapping on a d-notice" any time the government doesn't want something published is a myth

So any reports of a d-notice gag are rubbish

It is quite normal not to release speculation about the number of dead. We probably won't find out until next week how many have died

Fair enough, and good to know. We'll see what happens in the next few days.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: InceyWincey
A tragedy nonetheless.

ETA #not17

It is a tragedy becoming a conspiracy because this event is starting a chain reaction regarding all the previous decisions of the present and past Home office and councils, architects and building standards.

An apartment block consisting of 120 units was housing 700+ people. There is a 4:2 ratio of 2 bedroom units to 1 bedroom units. So there should only have been a maximum of 200 people there. The majority of those 700 hadn't been born in Britain. Many units are suspected of having been sub-let - some council tenants do this; they get allocated an apartment, do it up, then rent it out to illegals or yuppies wanting a short commute. They pocket the difference and then live elsewhere. This is going to lead to unidentifiable people being in apartments while the official residents for that unit are still alive.

Fingers are being pointed at the left wing for "trying to rub the right wing's nose in diversity" by rapidly increasing the population. Then the right wing are blamed for "austerity measures" in not providing more money for housing. Then the Home Office won't release the official figures on how many illegals there are in the country (estimated at 800,000+). That leads back to the Home Office.

The hazards of exploding household appliances are well known, due to the use of non-CFC coolant, and EU electrical requirements for low-power 110V household mains in Europe, while UK has 240V. London fire brigade has to deal with these on a weekly basis. But nothing is being done. That's leads back to the Home Office.

The hazards of flammable insulation materials are also known. This document practically has a breakdown of how this fire spread:

www.celotex.co.uk...

For £5000 more, the use of fire resistant materials could have been used instead. This is being blamed on "council cost cutting" and "austerity measures". The council asked for a bid from their preferred supplier. They looked at the price and wanted a 10% reduction. They didn't get it, so they went to another bidder, who used these materials. The council is trying to put the blame on the tenants for the lack of a sprinkler system by saying "there wasn't a collective view on wanting sprinklers". There probably isn't a collective view on paying rent, but the council will sent in the bailliffs if it isn't paid. Yet another #storm brewing for the council.

www.thesun.co.uk... the-disruption/

The official council instructions on what to if there is a fire is to "stay in place". The firefighters were telling everyone to get out as fast as they can. That's leads back to the council yet again.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP
Not sure if this was "vetted"

Has it been debunked?

Yes, it's been debunked. There's a 5 hour time difference between New York and London. At 1am in London, it's 1 day ahead than New York. Then there's confusion between 1am and 1pm. So if someone in London phones up New York and say there was an major fire at 1am today, New York thinks it was 24 hours ago.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

what's this ?

the text is too small for me to read...

Edit
answered above

Thank you
edit on 16-6-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The D-Notice thing appears debunked. The story originated with one click-bait-ey website, that offered no evidence other than 'We made a phonecall and the home office denied there was a D Notice in place, SO THERE WAS OBVIOUSLY A D-NOTICE!'

Pretty uncompelling evidence.

So yeah, pretty certain there is no D-Notice on it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join