It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Throwback: Alex Jones - Bohemian Grove

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I know a lot of people here despise Alex Jones, but I personally have no problem with him. In fact, he along with this video in particular, are one of the main reasons that set me on my path to "enlightenment" so to speak, and pushed me down the rabbit hole for good. I remember watching this for the first time a long, long time ago and was completely shocked, stunned, intrigued and fascinated. People like to call him crazy, but a lot of the stuff he was trying to expose back then are considered common knowledge now. He may over sensationalize alot for his own personal reasons, but it doesn't take away from the truth's he is trying to expose. Hate him or love him, he's one of the pioneers of this new-age conspiracy movement. This is what ATS used to be about. Now I'll admit I don't follow or watch any of his stuff at all anymore, but this video was from like 2000, so it was pretty raw and real at the time. Regardless of how you feel about he man, you can enjoy the film for what it is/was. If you haven't watched it yet, I recommend you do!

Quick synopsis; Alex sneaks inside the Bohemian Grove for a never before seen (at the time) look inside to see what really goes on in there.

edit on 15-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986
Oh I absolutely love Alex. You know whats funny though, is I once saw on Netflix a movie recreation of Alex, or somebody like him ((you know movies) doing the same thing. Except in the movie, he got exposed and they all freaked the # out of him and his friend and forced some kind of confession or apology. It was kind of done in the found footage style too. Was actually creepy, but the scenes were nearly identical to what Alex showed the world at Bohemian Grove.

Do they still meet there every year??? I never hear it referenced anymore.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You know, I have no idea. Haven't looked into this stuff for year's. The other Alex Jones thread reminded me of this video and inspired this thread.

And now that you mentioned that film, I'm in the mood for some type of found footage horror.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I really don't understand the hoopla about AJ. The video in the OP was/is epic. However, he's gone on to voice a lot of silly positions. Then again, so have the large majority of media members. He's an entertainer and blows certain things out of proportion. I don't share most of his views and usually find him a bit boring. When he was on the Joe Rogan podcast it was a great show.

edit on 15-6-2017 by TobyFlenderson because: couldn't get YT link to work sorry

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Look for that one. Ironically, I saw it first, thought of Alex Jones, and then went searching and found his documentary. Which is what probably inspired the movie. I have an unusual habit of watching things in reverse.

I actually have seen a few trilogies in reverse. That's how I watched Pirates of the Caribbean as well as Rambo. Even Die hard actually. Started at the end and went backwards.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Yea I haven't watched any of his stuff for many many year's. It's no surprise that he has turned into an entertainer of some sorts. He's dedicated his entire life to this and needs to make a living somehow right? Despite all of that, I still believe he has some integrity and wants to fight the fight.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
In fact, he along with this video in particular, are one of the main reasons that set me on my path to "enlightenment" so to speak...

...but this video was from like 2000, so it was pretty raw and real at the time.

lol I was thinking about this the other day, I'm right there with ya. After a year of rolling with some hippies and gettin stupid on all the BS stereotypical philosophy that comes with it, I had the 'bad trip' to top all bad trips. Without goin into details, it just opened my eyes in a real profound way, to a very rational and real darker theme beneath everything. It wasn't a few months later, just board one day, surfin the web with my 'new eyes' on a lightning fast 128k connection... I ran across this video that had just popped up. Rest is history.

What a ride... and like you said, back then this stuff carried a lot more weight, because up till then this kind of stuff had all way been left to the time old collective imagination, what a mind blow.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Here is the preview to the Movie, which ended up being called The Conspiracy. Quite fitting.

You could rent it, or simply watch the free version on youtube here, which appears to be subbed in Russian.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Had no idea he was the 1 who actually filmed this!

I also love the infamous clip of a journalist pushing Newt Gingrich a little too far about Bohemian Grove. Sure brought out the devil in him.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Wish he'd go back to that style right there as opposed to how he is now. Even if someone doesn't like him and are curious about Bohemian Grove from the inside, it's worth checking out.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I'm going to have to brush up on some new Alex Jones to see what the fuss is all about. Has he turned super commercial on us?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I love Alex and then there are times I want to punch him. Ironically, it's the same way I feel towards my brother. Alex provides a necessary and valuable perspective. Albeit sometimes he can be a bit dramatic in his presentation I would never condemn a man for his exuberance and passion.

Joe Rogan loves Alex and has been friends with him for a long, long time. I would say Joe Rogan is one of the most level headed and reasonable personalities you will ever find in entertainment. Smart, witty, and will call you on BS is a second. It says something of Alex's character to hear someone like Joe Rogan support him as much as he does.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

More click bait, less verifying of news and more partisan than ever.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

That's a good point. I'm a big fan of Joe and know he's greatly respected by most of his peers.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Not exactly. Info wars is being targeted by the Alternative media hitsquad. They're trying to shut down alternative media by stopping ad revenue on you tube/Google etc.

While Info wars is safe for now due to already having a sales platform, other media platforms are suffering.

The silver lining of all this though is it's bringing the Alternative media guys together. Together they are stronger.

I would say that Infowars is in the strongest position it's ever been in and it's a hell of a lot bigger than just Alex Jones.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Say what you want about the guy, but he's not wrong about there being a war for your mind. Just look at CNN/WashPo/NYT.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I watch him.
Taken with a small pinch of salt is best.
Its funny, though, how you'll get different reactions to him. I've seen people here accuse him of things which turned out to be MSM bull against him...which is pretty ironic, considering.

Sometimes he's hilarious. Like when he throws his shirt and goes in for a close up rant at the camera! If you can't tell that he's sometimes OTT on purpose then I can't help.
One of my all time faves was when he was making fun of Hillary "not" having seizures...by "not" falling off his chair and "not" waving his arms around etc. etc. etc. reminds me of dumb stuff we'd do as kids.

Of course, he's got plenty of detractors who'd love to discredit him for obvious reasons, but I've seen him correct himself when he's been wrong and those moments are never pointed out by those who are against him.
The ads are bloody annoying but that's everywhere nowadays so whatever.

edit on 16-6-2017 by Tulpa because: Its early

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13
The only time Alex pisses me off is when he just refuses to allow other people to talk. And not people he is criticizing or interviewing in public, but his own people!! He just eats up all the air time. Why does he even hire people to co-host with him if he keeps interrupting and talking over them?? I just find it disrespectful to the hard working people who put themselves out there for his successful business.

But other than that, Alex is awesome. He seems to have tamed himself a bit from what I can see as compared to the Obama years. I absolutely loved it when he goes into his rage modes especially when he is mocking someone sinister or a group. Gets me all riled up to do something you know. I take it as his passion on the subject more than random rage.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

In that regard, he's a hell of a lot better than he used to be. I think he's realised that he needs to stfu now and then.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Yeah I hear you on that. Alex is ADD to the max and his brain goes 1,000 mph so when one of his guests starts to make a valid point Alex's mind immediately conjures up something and he talks over them which is annoying.

The only person I have ever seen reign Alex in was Joe Rogan. Joe has a way of keeping Alex very focused and not letting him go off the rails. But they are long time friends who have a lot of mutual respect for each other so I doubt there will be anyone else like Joe Rogan who can keep Alex singularly focused as he can.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join