It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan can arrest you for merely contemplating something illegal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This report details this surveillance bill which would allow the Japanese government to arrest you for merely "liking" an illegal topic on social media.

This isn't the Minority Report. But it's close.

The aim is to prevent terrorist attacks that are in the planning stages, but one report I read said that if me and a friend, jokingly discuss how we are going to illegally farm mushrooms, we could be arrested.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmania

Sounds like some media outlets we have here in the states....They like to prosecute crimes that haven't been committed as well....

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Japan has a very LOW crime rate, I've been there two times and have traveled the Country by train to small towns to watch local festivals.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Japan has a very LOW crime rate, I've been there two times and have traveled the Country by train to small towns to watch local festivals.

That's because the Yakuza (Japanese mafia) and political criminals are able to get away with a lot

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
O yes, any evil mastermind really going to discuss their diabolical plans on Facebook...

Does talking about Pink Floyd and the Wall count as one?

edit on 15-6-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

originally posted by: manuelram16

That's because the Yakuza (Japanese mafia) and political criminals are able to get away with a lot

Yakuza's are organized crime, but japanese version and are vastly different than western crime syndicates.

They often dig up dirt on high end businessmen, then will buy enough shares in a company to be allowed at a stockholders meeting, then blackmail the businessman to "buy them out" at a nice profit, or they will let out the dirt during stockholders meetings endlessly to shame them.

shame is a big thing in Jp....so usually the person pays up.

No threats of death or anything, just...we will discuss your personal perversions or obsessions in public. lol..hardly godfather, but still effective.
They get the info easy also considering they tend to run the sex workers and gambling gambit also

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I thought the "internal phase" of the stages of the crime was not punished by the Criminal Law. The mere cogitation, the mentalization of the crime is irrelevant to the latter.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Now we know why Hillary isn't Japanese.

If you've not seen 'A Good American' - see it.

Pretty much explains how OUR government knows EVERYTHING we do, so, unless you're 'one of them' watch out what you say or they will get you.

peace

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well apparently so can America. Its called collusion. Also known as conspiracy. Wonderful world we live in.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well apparently so can America. Its called collusion. Also known as conspiracy. Wonderful world we live in.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

The idea of 'pre-crime' is frightening. We are living in the dystopia we feared.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Ok Japan, here's a test.

Are you allowed to "like" this post if I write something negative about Japan?

Ok, here it is: Japan is hella lame!

If you're in Japan, throw me a star and let me know if anything happens.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

The operative word here is, "illegal " ,still it's messed up, this is ripe for abuses.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Wow, telling humans to think a specific way and not even trying to hide it?
Seems like a modern day PC dictatorship.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Don't bother calling the police.
They remember what happened last time.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The government of Japan needs to worry more about Fukushima than to enforce this "surveillance bill"

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: nthdimension
The government of Japan needs to worry more about Fukushima than to enforce this "surveillance bill"

But the yen is funneled to the politician to keep quiet about it. You know the salt industry is big here. I want to buy my salt from the high mountains of Peru nowadays.
anyway, we all suffer and die, that is the japanese way of thinking , so get with it

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

Wow, telling humans to think a specific way and not even trying to hide it?
Seems like a modern day PC dictatorship.

A modern day PC and Apple dictatorship.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
i think it is a scam news..it's done by a mad person

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
And China, not to be outdone by the Japanese, get in on the act.

www.express.co.uk...

<<   2 >>

join