It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is UFO/UAP Sighting Frequency in Specific Locales Consistent with Global Trends?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I recently performed an analysis of the occurrence of Alaska UFO sightings with reports collected from the NUFORC and the MUFON. My results were pretty interesting, and I'd like to share them.

In short, the occurrence of UFO sightings in Alaska are most common during the winter months, whereas in studies performed by Hatch and Teodorani, the general global trend for UFO sightings shows that they occur most commonly during the summer months, and are less common during the winter months. This was an interesting and unexpected result, since I was trying to confirm that the occurrence of Alaska sightings is consistent with that of the rest of the world.

Here is the paper I wrote:
(drive.google.com...)

What is your interpretation of the results? What does this show?

Tell me your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: duforrak

I think the rise in sightings in the summer months is probably because more people tend to be outside then so more likely to see something if it should occur.
Not sure why your finding would be opposite to the rest but interesting thread.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Data visualized is a beautiful creature.

Flip flopped sighting percentages creatively challenge the status quo. Of course i am referring to the seasonal qou you presented.

Here is a quote representing the quality of your paper.
"" The below histogram (Fig 1) was created by Larry Hatch using his U UFO database, and
contains the data from 18,552 UFO related reports ""

I think Occam would say "look at the unknown geological mechanisms" and would presume extreme climates produce resources we are unable to harness. Clean energy type.

Great Campfire talk next time I'm able!

b

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bspiracy

What would Occam say about people seeing more UFOs in the winter of Alaska when it gets really cold, than in the summer when it's more enjoyable to be outdoors?

That's not to say that Alaskans don't enjoy winter activities, of course. But I'm not sure that fewer Alaskans would be outside in the summer than in the winter. What do you think?

Energy production is an interesting idea.
edit on 14-6-2017 by duforrak because: Wanted to comment on energy production.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I thought Alaska only had winter months.....

Joking aside Alaska does have more winter months than summer or is that more technical by where the sun is and so forth. Does that factor.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

It is dependent on latitude of course, but the more north you go, the more dramatic and binary it gets. For example, I live in Fairbanks, and right now the sun barely sets, and it doesn't get dark. One August comes, the daylight will lessen, and the days will go back to have regular nights. Once winter comes, it will be pretty dark for a month before it starts becoming more regular again.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You mirrored my post with different words.

It makes no sense that folks in the dead of Alaskan winter would percieve more UFO's than folks in the summer out havin a good time in good weather.

I've been in Alaska during winter and damn if i am outside during. It's a baffling statistic which leads me to believe that extreme regions have extreme circumstances we don't comprehend yet that UFO's somehow like.

Dunno.. statistics don't lie most of the time so this is a curious

b

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I suspect you might find the work of Bruce Cathie very interesting.

"By the early 1970s Cathie had accumulated facts supporting his contention that the recorded movements of UFOs conformed precisely to an intricate network of energy grid lines spanning the Earth, and which are an integral part of the structure of this planet. He theorizes that the UFOs position themselves directly above these global lines, tapping in on a natural energy source freely available at these co-ordinates. They then are free to conduct surveillance operations of the entire planet.'

"I was taken into a laboratory and interviewed by scientists and afterwards they admitted that they were working in 15 dimensions. They can do all the things that a UFO can do," revealed Cathie in a 1992 Radio Australia broadcast. "I think that we have already been on the moon before the moon landings and have gone into other dimensions," he said. "

Bruce Cathie was a NewZealand Airline pilot and one day he noticed a strange airal in a far corner of an airport. That was the begining.

edit on 15-6-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Interesting work, but I would go a little further and ask why December and March have so many sightings.

I have no explanation myself.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bspiracy

You mirrored my post with different words.

It makes no sense that folks in the dead of Alaskan winter would percieve more UFO's than folks in the summer out havin a good time in good weather.

I've been in Alaska during winter and damn if i am outside during. It's a baffling statistic which leads me to believe that extreme regions have extreme circumstances we don't comprehend yet that UFO's somehow like.

Dunno.. statistics don't lie most of the time so this is a curious

b

Just a thought, but gets dark earlier, and I'm guessing that air pollution in Alaska may be low leading to the potential sighting of things people don't recognise?

People could of course also be looking out of a window rather than standing around outside.

I'm not making any kinds of assumptions as to what it is people are actually seeing though.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Just a thought, but gets dark earlier

Exactly
Human beings simply don't notice orbs flying through the sky during the day. Come night time they grab your attention with the bright colours against the dark sky. It's all to do with the extended darkness

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

My other thought was I wonder if time zones matter. I would imagine Extraterrestrials would have a single time no matter where they were on earth. Also if per say their machines got energy from the sun this could be a factor.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bspiracy

I was thinking the extended winter and the need to be outside in Alaska is more regular than other areas could mess with the stats. I was also thinking time and or the sun could be a factor but its confusing.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

This is something I have been considering, and I think it would warrant a breakdown of the reports by description (eg: luminous and non luminous), and see if the distribution remains the same.

Anybody want to help me out with this, or am I going to have to do it?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Heaver drinking during the winter months with the cabin fever.
More drunks, northern lights, more UFO reports.
Or you might look for seasonal climate variations across the entire body of reports.
Maybe cluster analysis along latitudinal coordinates and season.

It's statistics: more assumptions, more data, more rigorous analysis - take your pick.

ganjoa

join