It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's on this.

edit on 6 14 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think we got a real problem starting in this country. The far left activists are firing people up. They are not harmless protestors. Most times the people running things sit on the sidelines and watch things unfold, they do not get caught. They should find out who this guy is associated with, who he is idolizing.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Gunman was said to have a long rifle. Sniper?

Long rifle or long gun can refer to a wide variety of firearms.

True.
Media reports are notoriously inaccurate about firearms.

+35 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think we got a real problem starting in this country. The far left activists are firing people up. They are not harmless protestors. Most times the people running things sit on the sidelines and watch things unfold, they do not get caught. They should find out who this guy is associated with, who he is idolizing.

Like putting on plays where the President gets assassinated nightly before a cheering audience?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The irony is that lawmakers to both parties engaging in sports competition seems like such a healthy way to interact...blow off steam, compete in a fun and bonding manner.

But it's the tribal/partisan nature of how they behave/talk when they appear as talking heads on TV that fuels the us/them craziness that makes loons like this more likely. They need to govern and lead and quit squabbling and being rhetorical. They all need to treat our system of government and each other with more respect. Then maybe the people will too. IMHO. But that's another thread....
edit on 6/14/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There's so many suspicious things going on in the realm of geopolitics that it's hard to pin down just what this is supposed to be distracting us from.

The obvious go-to is the Comey/Sessions testimonies. But then there's also the American college student coming back from North Korea in a coma, a huge fire in a London high rise, then there's this very interesting CNN headline.

The International Energy Agency published its first look at 2018 on Wednesday, and the report contains some very bad news for OPEC.

OPEC has been trying for months to eliminate a glut of excess supply that has kept prices from rising. The cartel has pledged to do "whatever it takes."

But its efforts have been blunted by a massive boom in production by U.S. shale operators. The IEA said Wednesday that the trend is likely to continue into next year, with production by non-OPEC nations growing more quickly than global demand.

"'Whatever it takes' might be the mantra, but the current form of 'whatever' is not having as quick an impact as expected," the IEA said.

I'll add that Rand Paul's recount of what happened is mind boggling, how that many government officials could be convening on capitol hill without having the federal land properly secured.

Quoting Rand Paul:

We were fortunate enough to have Scalise there, his security responded before Capitol Police.

This plot is thicker than the entire Harry Potter collection in hardback.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

And Gabby Giffords? I guess that it was her fault she got shot, being a far leftists and all.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Sessions tried like stink to suppress the civil rights movement

Not true.

Pence is a homophobic piece of dirt

Maybe, but still not as homophobic as most Muslims.

Trump pisses just about everyone he ever did business with, right off.

He is 71 years of age and been a businessman for a very long time. How many people have tried to commit acts of violence to him over the course of that long career?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

But it's the tribal/partisan nature of how they behave/talk when they appear as talking heads on TV that fuels the us/them craziness that makes loons like this more likely.

Call me crazy, put my tin foil hat on, but I swear the government has a never ending supply of programmable sociopaths to carry out false flags.

Remember the Ft. Lauderdale airport shooting in January?

We still don't know how the shooter obtained the weapon and got it into the baggage claim. Why?

Well, one answer is that we Americans have become so desensitized to mass shootings that after three days we just pick up our crap and go to work like it's business as usual.

Another is that he (the Ft. Lauderdale shooter) had some help. Like, from the federal level.

edit on 6/14/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

And Gabby Giffords? I guess that it was her fault she got shot, being a far leftists and all.

She got a boat named after her.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Exactly. There are crazies out there.

But politicians and pundits bring this on themselves to a small degree by dehumanizing the other side. We're all just human and we need to start treating each other more humanly and start approaching our issues with compassion instead of disdain, disgust and disregard.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Flake being interviewed now.
Their jerseys are red and say 'REPUBLICANS' on the front.

link   
Watching Fox5 local DC channel, Sen Flake being interviewed...

Congressman Scalise appears to be the only member wounded... a couple of security detail were hit...

The shooter was hit and is now in custody...

No fatalities reported as of now...

Shooter was late 40s white, dark haired male according to Sen Flake...

link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

They weren't on Capitol Hill. They were across the river in Alexandria at a public park. That said I didn't realize members of Congress weren't required to travel with a security detail. Only leaders are assigned a detail and that seems to only be the case when they're in Washington or when they're traveling home. At the same time you would think that some serious security would be provided when you have multiple Congressmen and Senators convening in a public location.

I am slightly confused by Paul's statement though. What I've found says that Capitol Police provides the security details for members of Congress. So did Scalise hire his own private security detail?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Far right activists are a pain to society too. We need peace not Chaos to straighten out our government and society. Our society is broken. People think their rights to protest violently is worth more than societies rights to peace and civility.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

No she was shot by a crazy man for no political reason.

Loughner, a 22-year-old Tucson man who was fixated on Giffords, was arrested at the scene. Court filings include notes handwritten by Loughner indicating he planned to assassinate Giffords In January 2012, Loughner was found by a federal judge to be incompetent to stand trial based on two medical evaluations, which diagnosed him with paranoid schizophrenia.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Ya, I'm sure that made it all worth it. Geez Louise...

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Does this not sound eerily similar to the Portland metro stabber Jeremy Christian?

REPORT: Portland Killer Voted for Bernie, Reported by Trump Supporters to Police, Who Did Nothing (VIDEO)

Jeremy Christian, whose politics are as unclear as the reasoning behind the murders he committed, has a history of being unstable and violent and, in fact, Trump supporters reported him to the police. This was after he was kicked out of a free speech event by those very same Trump supporters.
The police ignored it.

The following video shows his behavior at the Free Speech event:

I do not believe this is a coincidence. I think the same people that orchestrated the Trump Psy-Op with Jeremey Christian are responsible for this, even more brazen attack at our nation's capitol.

edit on 6/14/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Just woke up to this on the local news...the only thing I've been able to hear for sure is that it was one gunman that came out of 3rd base dugout.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The Majority Whip has a small security detail made up of Capital Police.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join