It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with North Korea - if anything?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
For awhile it seemed as though the conflict between the U.S. and North Korea was going to blow up - literally. Now all of a sudden things have quieted down and I have to ask why.

There was a video on YouTube the other day in which the presenter claimed one of the U.S. carrier strike groups was leaving the Korean Peninsula and the others weren't far behind. I've been unable to find any other reports, video or print, to confirm his claims.

Then we have reports that just came out in which it is claimed that the NK threats are serious. Here's one excerpt:

U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said on Monday that North Korea's advancing missile and nuclear programs were the "most urgent" threat to national security and that its means to deliver them had increased in speed and scope. "The regime’s nuclear weapons program is a clear and present danger to all, and the regime’s provocative actions, manifestly illegal under international law, have not abated despite United Nations’ censure and sanctions," Mattis said in a written statement to the House Armed Services Committee.

"The most urgent and dangerous threat to peace and security is North Korea," the statement added. "North Korea's continued pursuit of nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them has increased in pace and scope."

Source

Here's yet another excerpt from a different source:

Korea has threatened to nuke Donald Trump’s home town of New York to silence the President’s ongoing mocking of their missile programme. The outspoken Republican has made it crystal clear he does not believe Kim’s military has the technology needed to launch a nuke capable of hitting the US.

The country’s state-run newspaper Rodong Sinmum has now hit back at the “blustering” President.

The statement said: “The DPRK is about 10,400km [6,462 miles] far away from New York. But this is just not a long distance for its strike today.

“Trump blustered early this year that the DPRK’s final access to a nuclear weapon that can reach the US mainland will never happen.

“But the strategic weapons tests conducted by the DPRK clearly proved that the time of its ICBM test is not a long way off at all.”

Source

Since I've been unable to confirm what was said in that YouTube video I can only assume that we still have lots of assets in/near the Korean Peninsula. We've been bombarded with many reports that claim NK can reach the US with their missiles and/or EMP (via their satellites) and others claimed they don't have that capability.

Imho if NK didn't have the capability to target us, we wouldn't have put as much time and assets into this conflict.

Even if NK doesn't have the ability to reach the mainland US w/missiles, they can still reach Alaska and Hawaii, not to mention SK, Japan and our bases in the region.

If NK is truly a "most urgent" threat, then this begs the question:

Just what is the Trump Administration waiting for - an invite to strike? There's no doubt that a war will cause the deaths of many people. However, if we fail to act then many more could die.

It almost feels as if Obama's policy of strategic patience is still ongoing, contrary to statements by the current Administration.

What are they waiting for?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I almost believe that something big is coming ether in the middle east or with NK because of how the media ISN"T talking about it.

They are all focused on the butt kissing meeting and whats happening on twitter, distractions.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Unless the North actually attacks, there is not going to be a war there. Rodmans going to make a deal and usher in peace to the peninsula.
edit on 13-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So I want to see if I understand this right..

You are frustrated that no military action was taken against North Korea?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I hear they just legalized Recreational Weed. Maybe that's why things are so chill now...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Unless the North actually attacks, there is not going to be a war there. Rodmans going to make a deal and usher in peace to the peninsula.

I have no idea what is really going on, but that whole Dennis Rodman/Kim Jong Un thing is freaky, imo. What is THAT all about...really?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Kimmy has an infatuation with the NBA, maybe him and Rodman will get drunk together and hammer out a deal.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The show "Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis" did a show on this subject last night. Apparently, N. Korea has the means to create small nuclear fission bombs & has demonstrated one recently. They do not have the means to deliver these bombs because of their heat issues during atmosphere re-entry.

Podcast/Article:
'SO LONG, FAREWELL: A BOMB IN THE BACKYARD' - June 12, 2017

URL:
feeds.soundcloud.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The Carl Vinson isn't in the south China Sea any more. Its scheduled to dock at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii tomorrow. I couldn't find any specifics on the Ronald Reagan other than what was on RT which was that is was heading for San Diego.

USS Carl Vinson Docks at Pearl

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The Asian press has been reporting for some time now that when Trump and Xi met back in April, Xi asked Trump to give him 100 days to deal with the Norks.

That was about 75 days ago...

Xi asked Trump for ‘100 days’ to deal with North Korea problem
edit on 13-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
They're leaving NK to go to the ME. A war with Qatar is imminent.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
I almost believe that something big is coming ether in the middle east or with NK because of how the media ISN"T talking about it.

They are all focused on the butt kissing meeting and whats happening on twitter, distractions.

That's a good possibility. The silence of the Trump Administration is almost deafening, along with that of the media.

I wish I could confirm if we still have those battle groups/carriers/whatever they are called over there.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Anything is possible as long as his buddy doesn't have him whacked first. I still can't believe he went over there. Imo, it should be illegal for Americans to travel to NK much like it was for trips to Cuba (until Obama, that is).

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Nothing this propaganda has been going on for decades.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
So I want to see if I understand this right..

You are frustrated that no military action was taken against North Korea?

I'm frustrated that nothing appears to be going on. NK keeps making threats against us and our allies. NK keeps stepping up its nuclear weapons program. It's only a matter of time before Lil' Kim attacks us.

Better we defend ourselves before he takes out millions of people. Diplomacy would be the ideal solution but as he proved time and again, Kim Jong Un does not pay attention to endless rounds of empty talking. And sanctions just makes him more angry and bold.

Either way we can't win, but we can't just stand around and do nothing while he prepares to nuke us.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
The Carl Vinson isn't in the south China Sea any more. Its scheduled to dock at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii tomorrow. I couldn't find any specifics on the Ronald Reagan other than what was on RT which was that is was heading for San Diego.

USS Carl Vinson Docks at Pearl

That's what I thought that Steven Ben-nun said. I didn't see any news reports about it (other than his video) until this link. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The whole North Korea thing didn't play well in the ratings. So they had to move one to other things.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I just found this a moment ago:

A June 11, 2017 Asahi Shimbun news report[1] described “intensified” activity at the Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Site “indicating Pyongyang may be preparing a sixth nuclear test, which it warned last month was ‘imminent’,” and that “The preparations near the Punggyeri site match those of past occasions before North Korea conducted a nuclear test.”

The report quoted knowledgeable sources, who stated that nuclear scientists associated with nuclear materials and testing had gathered at the Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Site. It went on to state that, “traffic to the site has been apparently shut down at the checkpoints leading to the area in northeastern North Korea. However, movement of vehicles and humans within the test site continues to be active.”

While we have no basis to judge the veracity of any claims concerning the movement of nuclear scientific personnel either to or within the site, new satellite imagery did not reveal unusual observable activity (e.g., an increased presence of vehicles or personnel) suggestive of a change from our previous assessment that the site is in a standby status to one that could be interpreted as late-stage nuclear test preparations.

The nuclear personnel movement claim, if true, would most certainly have to have been based on information other than that gleaned from satellite imagery alone. It should also be noted that the Asahi Shimbun report included the disclaimer that, “It is unclear if that flurry of activity is a precursor to a nuclear test or simply an exercise to prepare or inspect the site.”

Source

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Unless the North actually attacks, there is not going to be a war there.

I think you're underestimating how easy it is to set up a false flag.
There has been news of North Korea having the ability to mass-produce VX nerve gas... Deploy that on some town across the border and suddenly, universal outrage. North Korea doesn't need to attack first. They just need to look like they did.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

North Korea is not the enemy that Bannon has targetted, the new Beast is Radical Islam and it will be destroyed. (or thats his plan anyways.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join