It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My EGO Death experience:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hi fellow ATSers

I recently experienced an Ego Death via natural means and some interesting thoughts occurred. First I'll define Ego Death:

Ego death is the experience of transcending the ego, self or identity. This experience is the most mind-bending, awakening, awe-inspiring, peaceful and unconditionally loving experience you could ever have. It is the temporary removal of all your preconceived biases and thought patterns. It is a feeling of being one with The Universe

During this experience I had the following thoughts occur in my mind:

"The Holocaust was an affront to humankind not just Jews or the disabled"

This lead me to realise that we are all the Human race. Assigning all these special labels of gay, cis gendered, Republican, Democrat, Black, White, Asian, Russian, Saudi, American, Atheist, Islamist, Jew, transgendered... all divide us. We're so concerned with highlighting our differences that we forget our commonality. We forget that we are all human and we all have the same basic wants and needs. Now this is not suggesting that these labels don't exist in a descriptive form; we are too focussed on them and give our differences too much weight. I believe that TPTB want us focussed on taking sides in an us and them mentality to divide us. The news plays a part in this with the constant stream of horrific stories about war and death.

This experience was like 10 years of therapy at once. I've never felt so much love and contentment. I used to be depressed, worried and full of self doubt. I now feel happy and content with the world, I know that I am enough. All my previous prejudices are gone and I'm more open to new experiences. It makes me wonder what the world would be like if we could all share in this experience.

Have you experienced Ego Death?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Good epiphany. Overcoming our preconditioning that forces us to think along certain lines, becoming free from the 'programming', waking up.

Those are great. Welcome to the real world.
edit on 13-6-2017 by intrptr because: clarity

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hi Kalixi, thanks for sharing. I believe I have experienced ego death . It was really scary, bitter sweet. After my fears subsided, I felt a renewed sense of hope.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

How did you experience it? What triggered it?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Thank you. I envy your journey.
I've never really thought about how we focus on our differences rather than our commonality the way you put it.
Made my morning.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Well, it's not fully dead if you are still talking about it.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I agree with you and I'm glad you got to experience something so special and incredible.

I like to think the death of my Ego was what prevented the death of my whole self.

-Alee

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

LOL, if you read my signature and understand the philosophy behind it, it's saying the same thing. The lyric comes from a Pink Floyd album that was highly under rated. The Final Cut was a follow up to Another Brick in the Wall, in that the album tells a story and follows a timeline. Another Brick in the Wall was during and immediately after the War (WW2) and told from a kids viewpoint who soon after became an adult.

In the Final Cut, the (presumably same guy) is middle aged and living a standard life during the end of the cold war. Living in fear of nuclear holocaust, but never really putting it all in perspective. And just before he turns to dust from a nuclear blast, he has the same epiphany you did. And of course the irony is that most of us have that epiphany just as (too late) in our lives to do something about it.

Sorry to ramble, but it made me smile.
edit on 13-6-2017 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Awesome! It's a great milestone of soul development (IMO).

"I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all together"

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

It's OK. You can tell us your trigger, deep meditation or something artificially induced into your system? Either way, evidently you were ready to accept the simple truth with the usually ever-watchful ego.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Welcome aboard, brother

m.youtube.com...

Just a word of caution, there is some groups who target on purpose(to distract their potential) people just passed the barrier like you. Don't fall for any "popular" movements advertising themselves with ego-death like ideas. It's a trap, a bug one, that's all. Be on guard,

-Argent

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Have you experienced Ego Death?

No, but the term ego death makes me cringe for some reason. When looking up ego death I'm attracted to sayings like "Ego death is to experience that which cannot die because it was never born".

I believe what you experienced was a forward step towards enlightenment. There are many steps including seeing everyday colors more vividly in wakefulness etc.

Its important that you keep your energy channels clear. In buddhism there is the old practice of Heruka body Mandela in which one visulaizes the chakra points as deities (in itself an illussion). Its something I want to learn.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Psilocybin containing mushrooms have been used for thousands of years in shamanic ceremonies. They grow native on every continent and are very safe to take unlike synthetic alternatives. Be aware of the legal status in your country

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Ego death feels a lot like death at the moment.

If you truly experienced this then you haven't even gotten your feet wet on the hard work in the years to come.

Welcome to defining yourself with a new understanding. One of the things I had to confront during a similar experience was that nothing was as it is told to be.. so I had to relearn EVERYTHING from a totally different perspective. Took many years and multiple life changing experiences.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Sorry went to bed after I wrote the OP

Psilocybin mushrooms. Theyre safe and have cured my depression from only needing to take once or twice a year.

I was on all sorts of depression meds for years. The side effects were almost as bad as the depression from feeling emotionless, drooling, one even caused me to lactate. I stopped taking the meds for the last 5 years, instead using a healthy diet, exercise and taking time out to be around friends to regulate myself. Over this time I still didn't feel 100%, I'd have trouble keeping my house tidy and interacting with people. SInce taking a dose of psilocybin last year I've been excellent; my house is spotless, the usual things that would upset me don't anymore.

Comparing the psilocybin experience to alcohol - I can't believe it is illegal in many countries. That you could pick up a naturally growing mushroom off the ground, have it on your person and that is considered the same as possessing heroin or meth is ludicrous. Alcohol is a deliriant and so destructive yet it's legal.

I honestly believe it's a conspiracy to prevent people from accessing psilocybin mushrooms. It's like TPTB want everyone to be in a constant state of division and depression

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

Thanks I'm female

Yeah I've seen a few of these new age type groups pop up. I'm Atheist so don't think I'll feel the need to join some cult asking for money. Everyone's journey is done alone

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

I've read of many terrifying accounts of Ego Death. Maybe what I experienced wasn't this per ce. If you truly wipe the slate of your preconceived ideas does it mean that you could walk around naked in public and not care?

I'm new to all these terms

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If one mentions the word "I" to describe anything, then they still have an ego. Maybe you just woke up to reality & are confusing it as your ego dying. Having an ego is not necessarily a bad thing, especially where individual rights are concerned. Whatever the case, great thought provoking post/thread!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I've read of many terrifying accounts of Ego Death. Maybe what I experienced wasn't this per ce. If you truly wipe the slate of your preconceived ideas does it mean that you could walk around naked in public and not care? I'm new to all these terms

Many misinterpret ego death as the killing of their ego (as in self awareness) which in itself can result in insanity. In Buddhism ego death is really about correcting our mind from ignorance so we can understand our true nature. Explained by Rinpoche here. You may stop crying at funerals because you will realize its self pity. But to all intent and purposes you will be you. If you don't want to be naked now, then you wont be naked when enlightened. An old Buddhist quotation:

"Before enlightenment I carry water and sweep the floor. After enlightenment I carry water and sweep the floor".

The only concern you should be aware off are blocked channels/chakra's. When I was meditating 6 hours a day for three months I ended up in hospital with a fried nervous system that doctors thought was MS. I cannot be positive if it was related to meditations but they do warn that blocked channels/chakra's that can result in physical ailments. So beware.

Keep us informed how you go.

Note: Attaining enlightenment from an egotistical desire is impossible. But it is possible by practicing Bodhicitta. The desire to realize enlightenment for the sake of all others.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Thanks for the link I understand now

In regards to physical ailments; since the experience the other night I've had a warm feeling in the top of my brain.
The sensation comes in waves. I have not found any info on this side effect - could this be due to chakras?
How do I unblock chakras?

During the experience I had a point where I felt the front centre of my forehead kind of open up and project warmth. It felt pleasant and I made this elaborate plan to challenge the law to make psilocybin legal and accessible to adults in a therapeutic setting. I've made it a mission to spread the word so to speak but am looking at the legal hurdles of achieving that

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join