It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Florida neo-Nazi bomb-maker gets bond

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Remember the white supremacist-turned-Muslim who ended up allegedly murdering his white-supremacist friends?

Well one of this other, former friends, also an alleged neo-Nazi, was arrested for possessing bomb making material, but was released by the judge on bond as "no threat to the community," even though federal prosecutors say he is a threat. And from the sound of it, rightly a threat.

Last month, cops found bomb-making material, weapons, and ammo in the garage of his Tampa Palms apartment. On his bedroom dresser, a framed picture of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh. On his computer, Nazi and white supremacist propaganda.

The 21-year-old, who is a member of the Florida National Guard, admitted to being a neo-Nazi sympathizer, and to making explosives materials.

Here is some additional, older info about the arrest, from another source:

While searching the garage, investigators found a cooler full of a white, cake-like explosive material known as HMTD, or hexamethylene tiperoxide diamine, according to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court. Nearby, they found explosive precursors — chemicals that can be mixed to create explosives — including potassium chlorate, potassium nitrate, nitro methane and more than a pound of ammonium nitrate in a package addressed to Russell.

Investigators also found electric matches and empty 5.56-caliber ammunition casings with fuses that could be used to detonate destructive devices once HMTD was added to the casings. The materials could be used to make a bomb, according to the complaint.

In addition, pagers carried by bomb technicians alerted them to the presence of two radiation sources. The complaint does not say whether they were connected to the explosive materials.

Say what? And this guy gets bond? Insanity.

Russell's dangerous plot came to light after his roommate, Devon Arthurs was arrested and charged with the murder of their two other roommates.

While federal prosecutors called Russell a real threat to the community, the judge didn't see it that way. Conditions of Russell's bond have not been released by Judge McCoun. Once they are, Russell will be released from the Pinellas County jail.

I'm very curious what the bond conditions are, though, and what is with this "radiation source" that was detected.

Link

Imagine, if you will, if he were a Muslim...

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Maybe they are letting him out so he can lead the authorities back to his associates

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Imagine, if you will, if he were a Muslim..

If he were muslim? Are you aware that most of the Muslim attackers are also let go and allowed it seems, to carry out their attacks? Maybe because 99% of attacks are Muslim perhaps?
edit on 11-6-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'd like an answer as to why he's not locked up or being checked on a mental evaluation.

People serve longer sentences for smoking pot. Unreal.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I await your proof that Muslims caught with explosives are "let go"...

I guess I'll be waiting a while though.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Especially if they not only had those explosives, but also pictures of bin Laden/others supposed terrorists on their dresser, had extremist literature on their computers and in their homes, etc.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Especially if they not only had those explosives, but also pictures of bin Laden/others supposed terrorists on their dresser, had extremist literature on their computers and in their homes, etc.

I guess it depends on whether he had a plan to do anything with them. As teenagers, many of us made stupid crap and set them off in the woods. What I meant earlier is that most of these people are well known to the intel community, let allowed to roam free. Maybe he didn't have a plan to act? The muslims who get no bond seem to have plans to attack, and are part of organizations that regularly carry out attacks.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I guess I'll be waiting a while though.

Huh.

This thread is about Muslims.

Who knew.

The "quick! we gotta derail that thread," crowd got here real fast.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The fact that a white supremacist, with, apparently, military training of some sort, was caught with bomb making materials isn't considered a threat is somewhat asinine.

That would seem to constitute enough proof to be held without bond pending further investigations. But I, again apparently, don't live in that world...I live in a world where someone like that is allowed to walk free after posting what I'm sure was a very reasonable bond...

I'm that guy? I'm gone. See ya later.

White Supremacist. Muslim Terrorist. Or Mafia hitman. Doesn't matter. What matters is this ass was allowed to post any sort of bond, at all. Are you kidding me? I'm hoping the prosecutor is investigating this.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That would seem to constitute enough proof to be held without bond pending further investigations.

One would think. I can't for the life of me determine why the judge let this guy out on bond. From what I have further read, he surrendered his passport, he had family member "vouch" for him that he wouldn't be a flight risk, and it appears he might be under house arrest one bonded; however, the guy is an admitted white supremacist, with a garage full of bomb making materials, including radioactive elements, and a picture of McVeigh. Red flags much?

I'm hoping the prosecutor is investigating this.

I hope so too, and the Judge. Or that he doesn't do anything stupid while out on bond.

Brandon Russell . . . now wants let out on bail. But the government is fighting it, saying after he was questioned by police the day of the murders he lied and said he was driving to West Palm to visit his father, when he was actually headed to Homestead.

They say he picked up a buddy and drove to a Bass Pro Shops where he bought two long guns and 500 rounds of ammo.

The buddy told detectives he'd quit his job at Chick-fil-A and said, "he didn't know if they were coming back."

The federal prosecutor says Russell is dangerous and a flight risk and should not be released on bond.

Judge McCoun . . . turned to Russell and said the picture prosecutors were painting of him, "is inherently threatening in today's world."

Ya think? SMH.

Link

Link to Criminal Complaint

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Maybe the cops and feds are looking to force him to testify against his roommate?
It might not even be his stuff, but they pin it on him to get him to say what the need him to say in court.

Why would the judge see differently, otherwise?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
I'd like an answer as to why he's not locked up or being checked on a mental evaluation.

It's okay if you're a white republican.

BUSTED: Georgia GOP lawmaker posed with gun-toting militia who flashed ‘white power’ signs

Georgia’s Republican State Sen. Michael Williams has come under fire for posing with members of a white supremacist militia at Atlanta’s “March Against Sharia” on Saturday — and the men he’s posing with appear to be flashing a “white power” hand signal. The photo shows Williams, an early Trump supporter, with members of the Georgia Security Force III% militia, a local chapter of the “Three Percenters” militia that consider themselves a “patriot movement” loyal to President Donald Trump. The photo of Williams with the Three Percenters was circulated widely by the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Hatewatch Twitter account. Huffpost noted that three of the men in the photo are making a hand signal that resembles the “ok” symbol, with three fingers extended and the index and thumb connected in an “O” shape.

www.rawstory.com...
K~
edit on 11-6-2017 by aethertek because: info

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Well, there's always the possibility of some form of plea-bargain...or something of the sort.

Still, it's rather an unsavory situation regardless of the reasons.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Oaktree

Roommate already is accused of murdering two people. I don't think they need his forced testimony; plus, usually they keep people in jail to persuade them, don't they? Annnd, it was the prosecutors who wanted him to stay in jail, they judge granted bond.

Additionally, the guy admitted to making the explosives, according to the complaint, and the materials were addressed to him.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

He hasn't been convicted of anything. Under our system, he is an innocent man so far.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

He hasn't been convicted of anything. Under our system, he is an innocent man so far.

No, he hasn't been convicted; and therefore presumed innocent.

But should he have been granted bail, considering the serious charges surrounding him and his history?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

First of all, I want to make something clear.

Anyone who is stockpiling explosive devices, equipment for the manufacture thereof, and has extremist views, should be in a box until they are so physically aged and infirm, that they cannot possibly carry out any kind of attack, or have the necessary dexterity and steadiness of hand to prime and detonate, leave alone build, any explosive device.

That goes for white supremacists, and proxy agents of the deep state, also known as fundamentalist "Islamic" extremists, and anyone else with a taste for blowing up innocent people as a result of their own delusions of grandeur, no matter how they may have come by that mental dysfunction. Put them all in a box until such time as there is no way they can threaten anyone at all. If that time comes because they expire, I do not care. They should have thought twice before engaging in fascist terrorism of any kind, which both parties mentioned qualify for.

But noooo, apparently one kind of fascist, racist bigotry is legal, and the other is not. Apparently the courts do not give a damn about white supremacist terrorists, even though they have been responsible for more acts of terrorism and murder total, than any other instigating force for terror in the USA. Never mind the facts or anything, it must be ok for this guy to go free, because he does not LOOK like a terrorist!

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

If it helps any, I was reading about this yesterday on gawker, and someone in the comments named JRW had a really good response to wtf is going on:

"Okay, I guess I have to be That Guy. The prosecutors did not present any threats this guy made, the cops didn’t find any plans he was making and he has not been charged in the past of any crimes of violence. It is practically impossible to deny bail in Florida; at least once a 1st-degree murder suspect facing the death penalty in Florida remained free on bail until the end of the trial (living, I might add in the same motel as the prosecutor and witnesses). From what I read in the local coverage, the judge didn’t sound happy (“I am unable to conclude” is an expression of reluctance.). The problem is that if he denied bail, the appellate court would probably reverse, and then he, the original judge, would be bumped from the case. If some rwing big-shot lawyer adopted the case, the bail-denying judge could be looking at a complaint to the Judicial Counduct board. As it is, the judge could set a quarter-million dollar no-bond bail with an ankle monitor, no-contact orders, daily check-ins and piss tests and some really evil stuff like not reading rwing literature and keeping off social media. In fact, the judge could set this guy up to fail, after which he gets hauled off to jail and potential has another criminal charge."

I don't know how much truth is in his words, but it makes sense, especially down in Florida. Here's the link to the article I was reading:

fusion.kinja.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Bull, with respect.

When was the last time a terrorist of Middle Eastern extraction walked free from an American court in ANY state, having been caught in his home, with materials necessary to create a terrorist attack, including explosives and political propaganda, all in their apartment.

I will guaran-damned-tee you that no one who looked like they might have been an Islamic fundamentalist terrorist has ever walked free, with that material evidence present in their homes. Never, not once. They used to have a holiday park for people like that, in sunny Cuba. Oh wait, they still do, and the vast majority of people who have ever spent time there are not guilty of any actual crimes!

And yet this bastard, this fascist waiting to pop, he gets BAIL? I tell you what, that makes a mockery of equality under the law, does it not? A persons religion and origin have more to do with whether they are considered terrorists, than what they are prepared to do in terms of execution, and what they have the tools to do in terms of equipment. I find that absolutely disgusting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join