It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God Evil???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Then you believe this is not gods plan, and he doesn't decide fate..
which absolutely fits with free will..

However if he did plan out existence. Then my point stands.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

The New Testament is less brutal for sure.. but the OT is so flipping grotesque that is not very high praise..

Hypothetically not much violence in the Jesus quotes, but the desiples were happy to add plenty..

Your teacher couldn't answer, because to doesn't make sense..

According to the Bible and 99% of Christianity , all those people burn.. no matter if they devoted there entire life to serving others.. god ONLY cares if you believe in his son.. which is disgusting as well as nuts.

Sounds fairly evil to me..

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yes the ideas in all three Abrahamic religions have created pictures of insanely demonic being (demonic as lacking in the fruits department to be a divine being).

But that is human insanity to not have a spiritual and logical clue. Religions for the almost totally third eye blind. Very different from the Ones who do have a clue and can measure the synchronicity.

Do not matter what spirit it is. If you create karma you in the end pay the price.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Obviously this op was assuming your a believer lol.

I agree though

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Where ever it is convienent and you still get donations sent in.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Yes whatever you wish OP. The mirror is god to most inhabitants of the plane,since definition of 'god' is obviously a free for all by your standards.

Life. Do you understand it? No, I dont think so. Why do you hold a grudge? Homosexual? Raised by Churchians? Living in a country who drops bombs on others,and worried about prehistoric battles, defining one motivation or the other as evil, is your concern..?

Evil is whatever stops life. Im going to pull a Jordan Maxwell and spell evil backwards. OMG EVIL IS THE OPPOSITE OF LIVE!!! Infertility is evil. So you stop what causes it. The rules of Nature are not arbitrary as the ones you embrace are.

When somone comes to kill me, I am evil for overtaking them? I am evil for promoting life? By delaying my death at the hands of others?

When 2 groups come at odds, whether be insects or fighting dogs, the most suitable must survive. Alpha gorillas are challenged, and accept defeat if overtaken. When a herd of water buffalo know they birthed a diseased offspring, that one stays at the back of the pack. He accepts his duty of promoting life. The lions which feast on him accept the risk of spreading his ailment. They accept the risk of the surprise attack the Buffalo have planned. THEY SUPPORT LIFE BY PUTTING NATURE IN CHARGE, SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST.

Every idea you've ever had about God, replace 'God' with 'Natural life" and see how silly you sound. Quit being a little picture person and grasp life as the whole that it is.

edit on 10-6-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: Atrocious forum software

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Teach one of those hidden village folk in the Amazon or some country how to read, then give him the bible and ask whether God is evil or not lol

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBangWasAnEcho

No more of a person who is disgusted by lies and propaganda...

Especially since I grew up southern baptist in MS and have watched all of these extremely good and well meaning people bamboozaled out of their money and time..

As to the rest of your post I literally have no idea what your talking about...

1) what the F is evil being spelled backwards spells live, mean?!?!

Nothing..

Does that still hold true in every language??

Was it true of anchient Aramaic or Greek or hebrw..

No...

So that means jack (beep).

It's something that "sounds good" but means nothing.

Exactly like most religions actually..

So to your final point..

natural law doesn't torture you for all eternity for following its plan..

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

don't blame God for crazy people who misapply the bible because they don't rightly divide as they claim they do.

Applying OT laws for Israel to themselves is their first mistake and not following the commands of Christ is their second. Then add in a little daddy worship and incest and you have Westboro baptist church.

But don't blame God for them it is their own doing not his.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I don't believe God is evil, God is benevolent whereas the world is unkind. God does not belong to any world religion, he belongs to the individual and their own personal experiences not in a book written thousands of years ago.

The proof is in the here and now, not a book.

WBC is a clear case of how much influence a family's upbringing can pollute a child's mind to think this way.

That's all religions in a nutshell, they're largely a result of one's culture and upbringing. You're told something enough times at an early enough age and you'll start believing it is true no matter how false it is.

This is how huge religions thrive throughout time, there's always another person being born and being taught the same ideology generation after generation until it spreads to almost everywhere.

Sad to see what they've done to that girl, a prime example of religious brainwashing.

edit on 6/10/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

OP wants to be God by judging God. Forget having someone
to thank for the creation of the light that fills our eyes every single day.
Forget being thankful to anyone for the eyes that let us see the light.
Well some of us anyway. We owe thanks to no one because we deserve
every miniscule random condition that had to happen to put us here.
We have no Creator and we're the hieght of intelligence in all of
existence whether we can prove it or not.

What an absolutely juvenile selfish outlook on life.

But God if he exists is insane!

I can't decide if it's to pathetic to laugh at or not.
edit on Rpm61017v30201700000048 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Yes the ideas in all three Abrahamic religions have created pictures of insanely demonic being (demonic as lacking in the fruits department to be a divine being).

But that is human insanity to not have a spiritual and logical clue. Religions for the almost totally third eye blind. Very different from the Ones who do have a clue and can measure the synchronicity.

Do not matter what spirit it is. If you create karma you in the end pay the price.

I have always wondered, what did they cover up by creating the abrahamic religions? Whey did they work so hard to corrupt and rewrite history so it conformed with their creations of religion?

What have we lost as a human race? What spiritual knowledge is actively being kept from us?

It almost seems like the creation of the abrahamic religions was intended to DESTROY our spirituality and our morals. Look at all of the lost knowledge and books that were purged off of the face of the earth for 400 years just by the roman catholics alone.

I wonder if there are enough surviving pieces of our true history left that we can reclaim it at some point in the near future.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"

What percentage of eternity is the average life span of a man? What percentage of eternity is the life span of all men, all men ever?

I don't think there's anything compelling in the sort of thinking illustrated in your quote; if one reasons from the premise that God is eternal and that we're meant to join him in eternity. Seems to me, it's only going to resonate with someone who is reasoning from the premise that God isn't eternal and neither are we, that the life we have here on earth is all there is.

It carries no force for anyone not already convinced of the conclusion. Circular reasoning even, no?

edit on 10-6-2017 by imwilliam because: changed a word for clarity

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"

What percentage of eternity is the average life span of a man? What percentage of eternity is the life span of all men, all men ever?

I don't think there's anything compelling in the sort of thinking illustrated in your quote; if one reasons from the premise that God is eternal and that we're meant to join him in eternity. Seems to me, it's only going to resonate with someone who is reasoning from the perspective that God isn't eternal and neither are we, that the life we have here on earth is all there is.

It carries no force for anyone not already convinced of the conclusion. Circular reasoning even, no?

im just asking questions and cant deny that those are some pretty interesting questions. its not my fault that people find them difficult to navigate.
edit on 10-6-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

OP wants to be God by judging God. Forget having someone
to thank for the creation of the light that fills our eyes every single day.
Forget being thankful to anyone for the eyes that let us see the light.
Well some of us anyway. We owe thanks to no one because we deserve
every miniscule random condition that had to happen to put us here.
We have no Creator and we're the hieght of intelligence in all of
existence whether we can prove it or not.

What an absolutely juvenile selfish outlook on life.

But God if he exists is insane!

I can't decide if it's to pathetic to laugh at or not.

we are the height of intelligence? no, no we are not. but i will grant you that we might be the most egotistical and self serving. especially those who get rich and fat on pretending to be selfless and pious. vanity and pride ill becomes you, as it ill becomes all religion.
edit on 10-6-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Religion we have today is trash. Its illogical and petty. any deity that constructs such a universe as described isn't really a worthy deity to worship or even acknowledge.

Now, if there is a "god", then I imagine its more of a scientist than a moral authority..design life to see how it thrives without knowledge of its destination.
But I am not a big believer in any god..at least nothing we could comprehend.

What I do (Semi) believe in is a soul..and that to me is just an ancient being riding around bodies like one would a car. I only believe this based on firsthand experiences leading me to suspect that is the case.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

especially those who get rich and fat on pretending to be selfless and pious.

Typically you just demonstrated egotistical perfectly by your own judgement.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
we are the height of intelligence? no, no we are not.

Yes we are..we are absolutely the height of intellect on earth (that we are aware of anyhow).
What we choose to use that intelligence on may be open for debate, but not the physical reality of it all.

but i will grant you that we might be the most egotistical and self serving.

All lifeforms are self serving..its how species stay alive.
Egotistical is also shared with our mammal friends..watch a lions den..one alpha lion amid many lioness. alpha lion won't allow for other males because its his den, his women, he gets to eat first, etc...thats pure egotism

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

im just asking questions and cant deny that those are some pretty interesting questions. its not my fault that people find them difficult to navigate.

Ah, just questions it is then.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I can understand why those "questions" might occur to someone, why they would even likely occur to someone. But I didn't find them very difficult to navigate, to use your term.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

Ah, just questions it is then.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I can understand why those "questions" might occur to someone, why they would even likely occur to someone. But I didn't find them very difficult to navigate, to use your term.

sounds like you didnt navigate them, you skirted them. feel free to share your answers if you are so confident.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join