It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God Evil???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm sorry old man, but 70 years of pleasure is not worth a single hour of peace. You have demonstrated your free will, you have chosen no God, and you are like billions of other people who live this brief life sucking up whatever pleasure and experience that it offers, then you pass that on to your children, and then you sit back, and you either wonder why society is so screwed up, or you blame it on religion, and you think that it's all random and chaos. But you never look at your own actions. Our society is here because of you, and people like you, and people like me. our decisions brought us here- free will.
It is your choice to believe that mere random combinations of material and events caused us and our entire universe to evolve from complete nothingness by chance, and it is your choice to deny a greater consciousness beyond human intellect, and to deny that there is anything beyond this simple world of duality as vast as the world may seem.
Your free choice. And God allows it. He allows us all to stray from him or to come to him. He allows us to appease him, to appease other people ( pc), and ourselves. The rain falls on the just and the unjust.
And just so you know, it's alright for Christians to believe in an old universe, and to believe in evolution. But I don't think that peace comes from these beliefs. And though a person of your stature may think that the mind has evolved with the abilility to feel peace in order to deal with the movement through time and the eventual return into the big fat nothingness from which we all spring forth from and return into, with nothing to prove or disprove that we were ever even here, or where here even is, a person such as myself may use my own free choice to believe that there is a plan, that there is something beyond the collective humanity, that there is a purpose and that purpose is good, and that purpose is peace. That purpose shows us where we are in this universe whether it is a chaotic mess or a completely logical and organized place. If we are star dust, then it is logical. And because of our beginning we are here in this universe to choose our way through life.

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood
Dostoevsky said you can tell a lot about the society you live in by the people you will find in its prisons.
Someone puts up a 70 mph speed limit, we want to go 80 mph.
We want freedom from God so we deny God.
We are stardust, the byproduct of billions of years of random chance. Everything is chance. Including you reading this.
But we want laws to determine a sense of social cohesion, fairness. Right and wrong.
If we are random dust with sentience, laws, social cohesion, right and wrong is bulls**t.
Who are you to impose a 'moral code' on me to help society gel? What gives you or anyone else the right to determine my way, my life and my path through this 70+ years of meaningless existence?
If meaning is only bound by what we do here and now, why on earth would I subject myself to some other human beings dictates? Either we are all equal or we are not.
Why should I need the rules, affirmation or disapproval of another human being who is similarly wandering blindly through this existence to determine my choices and actions?
Why should I care about society if it impedes my right to self pleasure and self governance? When I'm dead I'm dead, and I sure aint gonna feel guilty about 'my children's future' or ,'the good of collective humanity'.
If all I have to look forward to at the end of my existence is 'The big sleep', then screw society, humanity, codes laws and 'the betterment of mankind'. It benefits me not one iota. I'll do what I want and be my own law.
THAT, to me is the honest motivation of evolution.
I'm

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
G.A.O.T.U. is not good or evil, but all entities thereafter can be either at any time. If you're unsure how to interpret this picture, I can explain further.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The god of Christians Jews and Muslims sure as hell is.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The New Testament is much less brutal. I Totally believe in God, and Jesus Christ was his son. HOWEVER I remember in Sunday school, I could not have been more than 5, asking about people who had never even heard of Jesus, (I am 46), what happened to them....Because they were telling us that you could only get to Heaven through Jesus. I remember asking about Africa, and things like that. I don't remember any answer that was given by the Sunday School teacher, but I remember her not exactly knowing how to answer my questions.

I was basically asking, if you never even heard of Jesus do you just go to hell? I was very concerned about that even at such a young age.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Insane..

The insanity is yours drawing the most convenient conclusion possible in the
face of billions that obviously didn't share your pre conceived notion.

What's insane is bashing something you don't even believe in.
What's your next thread in the works?

Is the tooth fairy evil?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Just my 2 cents on a couple things.

What do you call a god who forces you to sin, but then tortures you for all eternity for sinning???

God is not forcing you to do anything. If you kill someone is because you chose to do so. If you rape someone is because you chose to do so. God has nothing to do with it. You are responsible for your actions. And every action has it´s consequences just as in real life.

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. (Rev 20:11–12)

And no, according to the bible, the wages (or punishment) for sin is death, not everlasting life in hellfire. The wicked "perish," or receive "death." The righteous receive "everlasting life".

.because the violence the Bible teaches is brutal sadistic and undeniable..

I guess that´s one way to perceive the 10 commandments and the summary of those commandments, is what Jesus taught, which is love God and love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Unless of course you are referring to the secular laws mentioned on OT. You know the 613 Mitzvahs & Traditions mentioned in OT. If so then you have to understand that in those times (B.C era) the law of the land was brutal (eye for an eye and so on).

Peace
edit on 10-6-2017 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
No need for argument.

If there is a god. It is evil. That's all.

if there is not, then nature is unfair.

either way, suffering. the nature of existence. we all die. we all suffer. we all exist for just a brief time to experience the existence of suffering.

god? hmmmnah. leave that to those who embrace their suffering as justification to be happy in their next life. While worms eat their earthly corpses.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
god hates me, double posting is my sin.
edit on 10/6/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

i have some interesting questions of my own:

if there is a god who is omnipotent, how do you prove they are not a threat?

if there is a god who is omniscient, how do you prove they are unable to lie?

if there is a god who is omnipresent, how do you prove they are actively helpful and not negligent?

where do we draw the line between crediting a higher power for our fortunes and humankind commanding their own fate by their own devices?

and while we are at it...

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"

edit on 10-6-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Well then I guess we can all just go home now!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: badw0lf

Well then I guess we can all just go home now!

Leave a donation in the jar, I gotta eat you know. This wine and these wafers don't pay for themselves..

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
G.A.O.T.U. is not good or evil, but all entities thereafter can be either at any time. If you're unsure how to interpret this picture, I can explain further.

i would be interested in an explanation for that picture. that is generally how it works around here anyway.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: apydomis

I'm a Christian.
You just didn't get it, did you.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

You forgot about options 3&4
3) God moved on and is playing with his new chemistry set because he didn't like how this experiment turned out and we are on our own.

4) There is not now nor ever was a god.

I personally believe option 4 as there is zero evidence of a god having ever existed besides fairy tales.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Can you remind me "how it works around here," please?

Start at the very bottom of The Ladder.

"Those who know the history of Simon have the two versions before them, that of White and of Black Magic, at their option, in the much talked of union of Simon with Helena, whom he called his Epinoia (Thought). Those who, like the Christians, had to discredit a dangerous rival, talk of Helena as being a beautiful and actual woman, whom Simon had met in a house of ill-fame at Tyre, and who was, according to those who wrote his life, the reincarnation of Helen of Troy. How, then, was she “Divine Thought”?

The lower angels, Simon is made to say in Philosophumena, or the third Aeôns, being so material, had more badness in them than all the others. Poor man, created or emanated from them, had the vice of his origin. What was it? Only this: when the third Aeôns possessed themselves, in their turn, of the Divine Thought through the transmission into them of Fire, instead of making of man a complete being, according to the universal plan, they at first detained from him that divine spark (Thought, on Earth Manas); and that was the cause and origin of senseless man’s committing the original sin as the angels had committed it aeôns before by refusing to create.

Finally, after detaining the Epinoia prisoner amongst them and having subjected the Divine Thought to every kind of insult and desecration, they ended by shutting it into the already defiled body of man. After this, as interpreted by the enemies of Simon, she passed from one female body into another through ages and races, until Simon found and recognized her in the form of Helena, the “prostitute,” the “lost sheep” of the parable. Simon is made to represent himself as the Saviour descended on earth to rescue this “lamb” and those men in whom Epinoia is still under the dominion of the lower angels.

The greatest magical feats are thus attributed to Simon through his sexual union with Helena, hence Black Magic. Indeed, the chief rites of this kind of magic are based on such disgusting literal interpretation of noble myths, one of the noblest of which was thus invented by Simon as a symbolical mark of his own teaching. Those who understood it correctly knew what was meant by “Helena.” It was the marriage of Nous (Âtma-Buddhi) with Manas, the union through which Will and Thought become one and become endowed with divine powers."

Satan's Kingdom is the Material World. Humans decide whether or not to transcend beyond the preconceived limits of existence.

Snakes and Ladders

The historic version had root in morality lessons, where a player's progression up the board represented a life journey complicated by virtues (ladders) and vices (snakes).

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

edit on 10-6-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
IS god Evil???

According to some versions of gnosticism the God of the old testament is considered to be an evil demiurge called yaldabaoth.

Secret Book of John

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

that doesnt really tell me much about the image you posted. and yes, it is encouraged that you explain content and not just post it as though it is self explanatory.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretsoftheBlueApples

"Science is real weather you believe in it or not.. "-NDT

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
God is everything. Good does not exist without evil. Love does not exist without hate. Atheists do not exist without religion. There is a balance, kind of like the philosophy of yin yang. According to the bible, we are created in God's image, giving us the power to destroy or create. Our free will determines which path we choose to follow. I recommend everyone listen to professor Jordan Peterson's breakdown of religious archetypes to gain a better understanding of religion & the human psyche.

What ?!?

That is just crazy...

So if you have a civilization of atheists.. what do they just vanish???

I'd love to see the math on how that works lol...

So iyho you do not think that god planned out existence, nor does he control our actions..

The Bible and 89% of Christianity disagrees.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Fair enough.. I'm guessing that means you are pro secind amendment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join