It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism will not go away.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So just a quick thought on this subject.

After every terrorist attack along with all the cries of sympathy and unity there is also lots of talk about what we should do about terrorism how we can prevent further act of terrorism. These ideas range from something as simple as more resources for intelligence services and police to the extreme of shutting down mosques and some kind of religious apartheid. I think that all of these ideas are futile.

I believe that today we must now accept that terrorism is now just part of our lives, its no longer a one off type of event like 9/11 and 7/7 is rather terrorist attacks are now like mass shootings in America, just something to be expected.

No matter how tight our security is, there is nothing to prevent a extremist walking onto a train with a kitchen knife and stabbing fellow travellers. There is nothing to stop a individual heading out to a supermarket and doing the same, or heavens forbid doing something just as evil in a school playground.

The point is that we needs to accept that its not about how we stop terrorism any-more its about how we limit the damage.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

After every terrorist attack along with all the cries of sympathy and unity there is also lots of talk about what we should do about terrorism how we can prevent further act of terrorism. These ideas range from something as simple as more resources for intelligence services and police to the extreme of shutting down mosques and some kind of religious apartheid. I think that all of these ideas are futile.

I believe that today we must now accept that terrorism is now just part of our lives, its no longer a one off type of event like 9/11 and 7/7 is rather terrorist attacks are now like mass shootings in America, just something to be expected.

No matter how tight our security is, there is nothing to prevent a extremist walking onto a train with a kitchen knife and stabbing fellow travellers. There is nothing to stop a individual heading out to a supermarket and doing the same, or heavens forbid doing something just as evil in a school playground.

The point is that we needs to accept that its not about how we stop terrorism any-more its about how we limit the damage.

At least now you are starting to understand the frustration of the pro gun crowd in the US that doesn't shoot innocent folks, yet must be blamed every time some lunatic shoots up a school or night club. It would be like you getting blamed for letting terrorism happen.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

One word comes to mind, COWARD!

Utter BS and nothing I would expect less from those who uphold the globalist view on the destruction of the Western World so that the elite can save us all from the exact same thing they orchestrated!

I will fight for my country and it's sovereignty, you can just bury your head in the sand and do EXACTLY what you are told!

I suppose you support OPEN BORDERS to boot?

edit on 8-6-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

"The point is that we needs to accept that its not about how we stop terrorism any-more its about how we limit the damage."

That's kind of depressing, isn't it?

The only way to limit the damage I can imagine is to change the way things are done. So, for example, rather than having a stadium filled with 40,000 attendees to witness some pop star in Manchester, you might want to have such events live-streamed from a secure video and those wishing to watch could do so by subscription, kind of like subscription boxing matches are done.

We do have new technologies that would make such things possible.

We could also double or triple the cost of airline fare by imposing a surcharge equivalent to the cost of the carbon emissions of the aircraft emit. That would severely reduce the number of people flying about the planet and consequentially congestion and problems at airports.

Just some thoughts on how to mitigate damage.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The point is that we needs to accept that its not about how we stop terrorism any-more its about how we limit their

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

One word comes to mind, COWARD!

Is it not more cowardly to hide behind the couch and pretend that the scary man with the knife will go away??

I hate posts like yours on ATS let me explain why.

You have this view, a view you have created of me as a individual based on the posts of mine you have read on ATS and make the assumption that you know me well enough to write the kind of rubbish you have just wrote. I always feel the same when i read your responses to me on threads, there are a few others on hear who do the same, guys who attack me rather than the point i am making. Its like another member who likes to quote something i said months ago about Trump followed by "now i can't take anything you say seriously".

Honestly, its getting rather dull.

You do not know me, I do not know you, please stop making assumptions that I am a coward or whatever other personal attacks you can dream up. You are just disagreeing with me for the sake of it.

The point in my thread is that no matter how strong you make your security you can never, never 100% of the time stop acts of terrorism.

Pathetic, if you can only attack the player and not the ball then please stop responding to my post and threads.
edit on 8-6-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I'm going along with the idea we call them murderers, not terrorists.

More funding for the police isn't as important as general public support for the police.

More funding for intelligence services. Sod that. I'm not the only one on ATS who suffers every day from past crimes committed by intelligence services. Death threats from them are ten a penny. If I disappear from these pages, J'Accuse!

. . . extremist . . .

It's looking more and more like these recent attacks are false flags. Carefully prepared atrocities.

Why no major incidents today? Don't want to interfere with the arranged voting pattern?

Limit the damage by limiting the knee-jerk legislation.
edit on 8 6 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

But when they fit our legal definition of terrorists then what else do we call them?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I have an idea!

Wonder how come nobody else has thought of it!

How about we bar entry into the United States of people who support an ideology of terror? No student visas, no work visas, etc.

Those individuals who do come to our nation and start going Jihad on social media, etc. , we simply kick them back to wherever they came from.

Hmmmmm....
edit on 8-6-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I was actually thinking about the world as a whole but ok.

There are lots of problems with what you have suggested.

The two big ones that come to mind are firstly how do you determine that someone holds these views and secondly how does that protect you from extremists who are already citizens of the state.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Kester

But when they fit our legal definition of terrorists then what else do we call them?

The US government is working on defining each and every one of us as a terrorist, because we've allowed them to write laws stripping any and all rights from people with certain labels.

Should be a good ride.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
You'll never get rid of terrorism in the liberal and secular West. There's always going to be some fukwit who hates gays, or women, or money, or love etc... ISIS and their ilk will pass on. The next lot will be just as unhinged and irrational.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The two big ones that come to mind are firstly how do you determine that someone holds these views and secondly how does that protect you from extremists who are already citizens of the state.

This is the concept.

You turn off the water main before mopping up the water and fixing the leak.

Turn off the water flow, stop additional water damage, then clean up the water causing damage.

Sound analogy methinks.
edit on 8-6-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Not really.

I mean I dont want this to turn into a thread about the travel ban but what is then to stop me just driving from Canada into America.

IT also does not answer the question of how you tell who the bad guys are

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

This is the concept.

You turn off the water main before mopping up the water and fixing the leak.

Turn off the water flow, stop additional water damage, then clean up the water causing damage.

Sound analogy methinks.

Exactly. Turn off the tap then mop up.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Terrorism will exist as long as we allow it to exist.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Legal and Lawful are two very different things.

Legal definitions are the scriptwriter's dream.

I'm going with murderers as the appropriate tag.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Not really.

I mean I dont want this to turn into a thread about the travel ban but what is then to stop me just driving from Canada into America.

IT also does not answer the question of how you tell who the bad guys are

Well, let's be real. Much harder to conduct an operation as an illegal than it is when they have the ability to stage and purchase locally. Border controls my suck but they are there and prevent much of this kind of thing.

Turn off the water main before trying to repair the water damage!

Fundamentals even a 1st grader can understand.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

That's fatalism of the worst sort and an excuse to do nothing. You can accept the mass murder of innocents and the creep of totalitarianism in your country all you want, but I'm glad we have people with nads who are willing to step up.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

excuse to do nothing

I never said we should do nothing, I think there is a lot that we should do to prevent terrorism.

All I am saying is that its now something of a inevitability in the world, there will always be terrorist attacks, we will never stop them all of the time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join