It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director Comey Senate hearing - Live

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

No it's not at all.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

It's not a trial.
It's just a hearing.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Guess well just leave the tap dancing to the lawyers then.
🎶Razzle dazzle em. And they'll never ask why....

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

He hasn't told a single lie.
Let's remember who the liar in the situation.
edit on 682017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
TRUMPS lawyer calling Coney a liar.
The scumbag.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Trump pays this guy?

Well maybe not.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Comey Admitted to leaking classified information in retaliation for a tweet that happened after he leaked the information.
He also shared according to Trump's Lawyer shared Privileged information.

Now, leaking classified information is a crime. This Privileged information is up for debate, and if it's true may also be considered a crime.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

Didn't they state that those memos were not classified?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

I believe that is why he stated it as privileged information. It was comey's Privilege to share private audience with the president as then director of the FBI. This was a professional meeting in one of the most secure government offices in the united states.
edit on PMAmerica/Chicago120206pm by Aeshma because: Left the word "was" out of a sentence.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: intrptr

Yes. I see the pattern.
You get big and small things wrong.

Yah? Enjoying this dog an pony show they call investigating?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: Gandalf77

I believe that is why he stated it as privileged information. It was comey's Privilege to share private audience with the president as then director of the FBI. This was a professional meeting in one of the most secure government offices in the united states.

That doesn't make something privileged information.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Lice stream?
Ewwwww.

Well the links deal with politicians...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

He literally lied about trumps tweet being the reason he leaked his memo... the times article came out referencing comeys leak before trump made the tweet...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Actually he did.. He testified to Congress at the beginning of May that he was not pressured to end any investigations. He also stated Trumps tweet about "recordings" was the reason Comey leaked his memo to the NYT. The problem is Comey leaked that memo on the 11th and the tweet in question was not made until the 12th.

If Comey can predict the future then we never should have had a hack by Russia.
edit on 8-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Actually he did.. He testified to Congress at the beginning of May that he was not pressured to end any investigations. He also stated Trumps tweet about "recordings" was the reason Comey leaked his memo to the NYT. The problem is Comey leaked that memo on the 11th and the tweet in question was not made until the 12th.

Ih Comey can predict the future then we never should have had a hack by Russia.

Actually he didn't. If you listen to this part of his Testimony very carefully, he said "The President tweeted on Friday, after I got fired that 'I had better hope there's not tapes'", after which he follows up with "I woke up the middle of the night, Monday night cause it didn't dawn on me originally, there might be corroboration, there might be a tape, so it was my judgement that I needed to get that out into the public square, and so I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter"....

Monday was May 14th and the following day, presumably when he asked a friend of his from Columbia University to share it... both you and, it seems, Trump's counsel are proliferating falsehoods in this instance....feel free and listen for yourself.

edit on 8-6-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

I believe they said that they have yet to find evidence of collusion. Completely different from them finding evidence of hacking.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Try again -

NYT - In a Private Dinner, Trump Demanded Loyalty. Comey Demurred. - By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT MAY 11, 2017

what Comey said at the hearing -

Mr. Comey said he decided to make the conversation public through an intermediary after Mr. Trump said on Twitter that the former F.B.I. director had better hope there were no tapes of their discussions. He said he did so with the explicit hope of triggering the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russian election interference.

“I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night, ‘cause it didn’t dawn on me originally that there might be corroboration for our conversation; there might be a tape,” Mr. Comey said, referring to May 15. “And my judgment was I needed to get that out in the public square so I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter. Didn’t do it myself for a variety of reasons but I asked him to because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel. So I asked a close friend of mine to do it.”

What comey stated in his memo -

By Mr. Comey’s account, his answer to Mr. Trump’s initial question apparently did not satisfy the president, the associates said. Later in the dinner, Mr. Trump again said to Mr. Comey that he needed his loyalty. Mr. Comey again replied that he would give him “honesty” and did not pledge his loyalty, according to the account of the conversation. But Mr. Trump pressed him on whether it would be “honest loyalty.” “You will have that,” Mr. Comey told his associates he responded.

The memo about the one on one meeting was printed by the NYT on the 11th of May. Trumps tweet about recordings was the 12th.

Comey claimed he leaked the memo in response to Trumps tweet - Comey lied.
edit on 8-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Try again -

NYT - In a Private Dinner, Trump Demanded Loyalty. Comey Demurred. - By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT MAY 11, 2017

The memo about the one on one meeting was printed by the NYT on the 11th of May. Trumps tweet about recordings was the 12th.

Comey claimed he leaked the memo in response to Trumps tweet - Comey lied.

Seems youre willfully ignorant simply to support your party-line, but it's not working pal. He claimed he released the memo in response to the tweets about 'you had better hope there are no "tapes" of our conversation', which that tweet wasn't sent until 8:26 a.m. on the 12th, and he released the memo to a friend from Columbia law school on the 15th. No lies at all.
with your hyperbole, be a friggin man and admit you don't know what youre talking about.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

and if you look at the NYT article I linked you to, which is the memo that was leaked, it was posted by the NYT on MAY 11th.

Care to explain?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

and if you look at the NYT article I linked you to, which is the memo that was leaked, it was posted by the NYT on MAY 11th.

Care to explain?

Sure I care to explain.

They are two entirely different things. There, explained.

ETA: That WASNT any memo that was leaked... it was simply a story in the New York Times.....there is not a single mention in that story of any memo, not even the slightest hint of it. So where are you coming up with "memo"?
edit on 8-6-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join