It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director Comey Senate hearing - Live

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Comey is currently making his appearance before the Senate committee on the Trump / him being fired.

Fox News Lice stream

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Dog and pony 'cover' show is all over the new threads page...

Enjoy.

I'll pass.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It is... He already tried to justify not notifying the DOJ about Trump because they had no leadership at DOJ, except for the career people who were in acting leadership positions.

I have to agree with Grassley... Comey is trying to cover his ass and this is a hit job on the President.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The presider has done no wrong. This coverup is ongoing, stemming back to 'blaming russia' for why Hillary lost the election, which stems back to Comey covering for Hillary in live investigation about Hillary's server-- Comey: "There was no crime committed", which stems back to covering up the content of Hillary's emails about BenGhazi , which deflects from Hillary covering for using the Libyan embassy for running guns from Libya to Syria...

Seeing any pattern yet?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

trump did this to himself...As Comey said, "when you are alone with the President, and he is telling you he Hopes for something" Now ask yourself, if don did not do anything illegal, he said to Comey He "hoped he could let it go" in other words, he was "HOPING" COMEY WOULD DO SOMETHING ILLIGAL. I am sorry people if you do not see anything wrong with that, I do not know what to tell you. He is the President, the most powerful man in the U.S., who can fire you at a whim, suggesting illegal things. That is presidential abuse of power.

If your boss suggested, I hope you will have sexual relations with me.......hmmmmm

trump, repeatedly said what a great job he was doing, and when he couldn't get Comey to commit a crime by overlooking someone who is under investigation.

Comey had a gut feeling from his first meeting with trump, and I would trust Comey over trump 100%!!!! Smart for covering his butt!!!

edit on 8-6-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Comey is just the beginning and has opened up a yugggeeee can o worms.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

If your boss suggested, I hope you will have sexual relations with me.......hmmmmm

and... if your boss told you, "Man, I'd love to have sexual relations with Stephanie in HR?"

Would that be coercive?

Cuz that's more applicable to the situation you're referencing.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm not sure I would be able to believe anything he says anyways. I don't care for the republican party, or our current President Donald J. Trump, but I care for the FBI even less.

From what I've heard, and what I've seen sure the organization has done a few good things here and there, other than that I view the FBI as a senile Dog that needs to be put down, and Comey is just a sick pup rejected from the litter.

I'm interested however to see what will be said whether true or not.

Thanks for sharing

-Alee
edit on 6/8/2017 by NerdGoddess because: S&F for sharing with embedded links.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I will ask if any of you can clarify this for me, some times Comey says "I can't answer that in an open setting" and the gentleman questioning him said "That's okay we'll have a closed session after this and we can follow up on that"

What the hell? I didn't realize that trials had secret closed halves? Or am I misunderstanding something or multiple things?

Someone educate me pls

-Alee

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Its not a trial but a hearing. Comey is under oath however there is information that is classified and cant be discussed in an open publlic hearing. The bulk of this FBI investigation was a counter intelligence investigation and not a criminal investigation.

Even in trials that deal with national security issues (classified material etc) there are mechanisms in place to restrict the information from the public / public record. Usually a judge is provided the classified info, he reviews it, determines if the law covering classified info in criminal trials meets the criteria and makes a ruling.
edit on 8-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

trump did this to himself...As Comey said, "when you are alone with the President, and he is telling you he Hopes for something" Now ask yourself, if don did not do anything illegal, he said to Comey He "hoped he could let it go" in other words, he was "HOPING" COMEY WOULD DO SOMETHING ILLIGAL. I am sorry people if you do not see anything wrong with that, I do not know what to tell you. He is the President, the most powerful man in the U.S., who can fire you at a whim, suggesting illegal things. That is presidential abuse of power.

trump, repeatedly said what a great job he was doing, and when he couldn't get Comey to commit a crime by overlooking someone who is under investigation.

Comey had a gut feeling from his first meeting with trump, and I would trust Comey over trump 100%!!!! Smart for covering his butt!!!

But too unprofessional to explain to a previously non-politician POTUS it may be an inappropriate conversation. I am glad I've never worked for Comey...no principles, no GUTS, and the worst tapdancer I've ever seen.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Watching live now. a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Watching live now. a reply to: Xcathdra

Nothing more than grandstanding by both parties mixed with Comey perjuring himself by attacking Trump.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

It's not illegal, or even unethical, to hope for something provided no further context is given. Simple as that. Comey didn't even bother to ask for clarification, so that's on him. Your Bill Clinton example is flawed, as you typically are, in that a very specific context is given. Unless you're suggesting Trump meant to say he hoped Comey would have sex with him lol.
If I get a DUI and tell the cop I hope this all goes away, I'm not suggesting the cop let me go. Geesh. Wanna grasp at straws, how about starting with Hillary's destroyed evidence or deliberate tampering with congressional inquiries, primary election rigging, or debate cheating... all of which are actual verifiable events. Or... speculate and invent stupid comparisons.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Comey: "the entire intelligence community agrees with high confidence that Russia inteevened."

Not true. The NSA did not. So, that's a lie the major news outlets will continue to report as fact I guess.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

Comey: "the entire intelligence community agrees with high confidence that Russia inteevened."

Not true. The NSA did not. So, that's a lie the major news outlets will continue to report as fact I guess.

The NSA chief said they interfered and asked for Congress to investigate in November, 2016

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Looks like the GOP has had enough of Trump. The closed council results/leaks and special investigation should be interesting.
edit on 8-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

After reading the post above, all I can think to tell you in response to that is...

This quote

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
- Bill Clinton

So as you can see, it can be hard to just see words on paper that were spoken and apply judgement.

I hate it when you guys make me defend Trump. But just think about the other side of the coin once in a while

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Lice stream?
Ewwwww.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes. I see the pattern.
You get big and small things wrong.

new topics

top topics