It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American gun culture

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

And how many guns didn't??

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

How many guns didn't what? What is the purpose of owning a gun if its not protecting you and your family?

Let's give 100 toddlers a petrol canister, and when only 10 drink it and die you can go ... "yeah but how many didn't?"
edit on 8-6-2017 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ddrneville
a reply to: Mandroid7

No thank you, if i see how quickly you guys over there get arrested for the slightest offence, scary

You can have your land of the free all to yourselves... lol[/

You know nothing of what you speak. I have been a gun owner for 56 years, CCW for 20 and never been arrested in my life. I will say people are much less rude when everyone has a weapon, I sight the difference between people from the gentility South (strong gun culture) and damn Yankees from the North. Just kidding.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

"People are much less rude when everyone has a weapon."

You can keep your messed up country to yourself. I just feel sorry for children who are brought up with this as the norm.

Everyone needs a gun to stop someone being rude to you. Sounds like a country of freedom?!?!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
With all the gun violence in America these days I think it's time something was done about it .

Come get 'em!
You're not going to disarm any true American without a fight.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

The US population cannot, and should not be disarmed. The freedoms that exist there would not prevail.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Guns can't kill ideas - take away every gun on the planet and the problem remains.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I'm sure they are scared to take your guns Dilbert
... keep living in that fantasy world.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
We don't have a gun problem. We have a heart problem. There is no honor in my country anymore, only the desire to war and make rich people richer and shoot the opposition and let the rest die of illness and diseases. MAGA.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

You have less freedom than other civilised countries, its time you moved your country out of the swamp.

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Guns can't kill ideas - take away every gun on the planet and the problem remains.

Take away every gun and you'd reduce the number of homicides massively. But I guess its all or nothing for you. No point sweating over another school being shot up, keep stockpiling guns and ammo in your own home, that'll stop it.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

You have less freedom than other civilised countries, its time you moved your country out of the swamp.

But I guess its all or nothing for you

Don't presume to think you know me - you have no #in idea.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Has anyone ever noticed that when anti gun threads start popping up on ATS, there is soon a mass shooting somewhere in America? Either they know something or have become the impetus for gun violence.

I'm wondering if the anti-gunners don't have a "dark net" like Tor or something to plan these things...

Scary.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
You should come visit the US before commenting.

Ive been to the U.S many times, I was born in NJ.

That explains it.

You're lacking intellect.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Poverty and lack of financial opportunities is the cause of all the violence. Not guns. You want to make this a better country make work pay more than crime.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

Take away every gun and you'd reduce the number of homicides massively. But I guess its all or nothing for you. No point sweating over another school being shot up, keep stockpiling guns and ammo in your own home, that'll stop it.

I was born and live in the UK. What do you mean by saying my country is in a swamp exactly?
edit on 8-6-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Yep some people are pretty screwed up, I'm not saying taking away guns will solve the problem, just like I would say getting rid of all Muslims will not solve the issue of terrorism .

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

originally posted by: Mandroid7
You should come visit the US before commenting.

Ive been to the U.S many times, I was born in NJ.

That explains it.

You're lacking intellect.

Thankyou for displaying yours.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Poverty and lack of financial opportunities is the cause of all the violence. Not guns. You want to make this a better country make work pay more than crime.

I would think this is the crux of the issue where all other issues stem from, and they are from both ends of the monetary spectrum. The rich too are subject to financial misery just from having too much and losing sight of reality, lack of parenting etc.

People are becoming more and more miserable on mass and it is showing, poverty as you say is the main driver.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Yea well. "Take away every gun" is where your idea falls apart.

If wishes were fishes, etc.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Okay, so how would you propose gathering up the guns of irresponsible owners, criminals or otherwise crazy people and who would make those distinctions or decisions?
How would you propose it is decided, other than the obvious religious crazies who want to terrorize and murder, who is dangerous and needs to be contained? In other words, how would one weed out the people hidden, underground or walking and living among the rest of society playing a role until the time is right?
Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join