It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are We Not Doing The Same

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

It's no surprise to me. After all Saudi Arabia has admitted to having created ISIS.

Saudi Arabia Admits To John Kerry That It Created ISIS... But There Is A Twist

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: crazyewok

Because our country are not tyranical dictatorships and we value freedom.

Nothing like terrorists to bring out the cowards that will sacrifice freedom for a little security

Says the dude from the UK. Don't they call your parents if you're caught out after dark there?

jk

What is your stance on ISIS websites? I understand the free speech slope, but what about choptheinfidelsheadsodff.com

type sites?

Can you compromise for sites promoting death and violence to others?

Take those sites down and jail the creators as those sights are encouraging death and criminal acts.

But jailing someone because they say they sympathise? No
edit on 8-6-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Creating fascism does not solve problems caused by it.

I will not permit this sort of broad brush nonsense to come to pass in my nation. This land, and the people who have fought and died for it, demands better honour done to it, than any such thing would provide.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

You are clearly not a student of history...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

You are correct, I'm not a history buff.

In light of that fact, could you please inform me of the last time a non state, well organised, well financed group of radicalised islamic terrorists had the capacity to undertake catastrophic terrorist activities, sometimes independently, sometimes coordinated, globally.

Could you also please inform me of the last time such a group had access to a global propaganda machine such as the internet.

And finally, could you also please let me know the last time such a group was used to execute the plan of various nation states.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

You are correct, I'm not a history buff.

In light of that fact, could you please inform me of the last time a non state, well organised, well financed group of radicalised islamic terrorists had the capacity to undertake catastrophic terrorist activities, sometimes independently, sometimes coordinated, globally.

Could you also please inform me of the last time such a group had access to a global propaganda machine such as the internet.

And finally, could you also please let me know the last time such a group was used to execute the plan of various nation states.

Thanks in advance.

Well, good luck with that then.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Creating fascism does not solve problems caused by it.

That doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, I am not advocating a fascist state. The proposition is that people with form and people who incite others to get some, are locked away so they cannot do the things that they are going to continue to do.

ISIS declared the war, anyone associated with ISIS is an illegal enemy combatant and should be locked up.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I'm afraid it's already too late.

While I understand your sentiment and the possibility that the bleeding hearts may be the death of us, I'm not quite convinced yet.

Terror parole and bail laws toughened up

Whether or not this is enough is open to discussion, however it's a step in the right direction, IMO.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Educate yourself.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

If you haven't got the decency to engage properly in a thread, then please don't bother, it's embarrassing.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Then ask yourself where will it end? You think it will just be limited to potential ISIL terrorists? When politician and more see the almighty buck coming in from the "POW" type camps it will extent to partisan politics even. Then the opposite side will likely call the shots on that partisan political claimed hate speech.

whether it be through the means of social media, or any type of written, visual or verbal form,

edit on 8-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
So, in the current stoush between the UAE/Saudi & Qatar, the UAE have enacted the following;

The United Arab Emirates has banned people from publishing expressions of sympathy towards Qatar and will punish offenders with a jail term of up to 15 years, the UAE-based newspaper Gulf News and pan-Arab channel Al-Arabiya reported on Wednesday.

Sourcification

And;

"Strict and firm action will be taken against anyone who shows sympathy or any form of bias towards Qatar, or against anyone who objects to the position of the United Arab Emirates, whether it be through the means of social media, or any type of written, visual or verbal form," Gulf News quoted UAE Attorney-General Hamad Saif al-Shamsi as saying.

SYMPATHY, 15 years for only showing some #ing SYMPATHY.

I've got an idea, how about we follow their lead.

How about we start locking up EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE who is on some alphabet agency radar. And by that I mean either;

A - Any Unlawful combatant(s)
B - Any Supporters of an Unlawful combatant(s)

How about we start locking up EVERYONE who preaches hate speech, a bit like this piece of # Anjem Choudary and I’m sure there are truck loads more where he came from.

If people don’t start realising soon that we are in fact at war and the enemy has already landed and dug their trenches, then one day we are going to wake up to some awfully bad realisations and at that point it will be too late.

My tolerance of the tolerant showing no intolerance to the criminally intolerant is wearing thin.

i have no dog in the fight, but will be sending a letter of sympathy for Qatar to the heads of the United Arab Emirates to kiss my behind.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Because our goverments still pretend that we live in a society that permits freedom of expression. If our govts did what the other crowd do then they would be admitting they are no bett than the people they are seeking to overcome.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

It's not my job to make you understand

top topics

<< 1   >>

join