It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So asking for Loyalty and Honesty is a Crime now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Boy if the Dems make that a scandal there is 0 hope for the Democrats. The FBI Director works for the President. And can be fired by the President. Comey was appointed by the last Administration and a Rival Party. If I were in Trumps place id be asking for Loyalty as well. Not to mention I thought Trumps crime was "Obstruction of Justice" lol. When we all know the real "Obstruction of Justice" was Bill Clinton getting caught red handed talking to Loretta Lynch forcing Comey to make his big Press Release about Hillary's Emails.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

There is zero hope for them no matter what.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It's a gigantic crime !!

Ask all the past Presidents.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Depends...

One should be loyal to the constitution not loyal to a person occupying the office of the presidency.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
Depends...

One should be loyal to the constitution not loyal to a person occupying the office of the presidency.

You mean that piece of parchment that Obama called it?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
It's a gigantic crime !!

Ask all the past Presidents.

Seth Rich wasn't very Loyal and look what happened to him.....

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Comey was in charge of the investigation into Trump's team colluding with the Russians. By asking for his loyalty, Trump was asking Comey to "let this go" (Trump's own words) and stop the Russia investigation. When Comey did not, he was fired.

That sounds like obstruction of justice.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Too bad mainstream people do not understand this stinky mess.
Hint: They're Dumbed down.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

This ISNT feudal Europe under a monarchy in the Dark Ages. . .
edit on 7-6-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Comey was in charge of the investigation into Trump's team colluding with the Russians. By asking for his loyalty, Trump was asking Comey to "let this go" (Trump's own words) and stop the Russia investigation. When Comey did not, he was fired.

And yet Collusion is still not a Crime.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: HappyFisherman
Too bad mainstream people do not understand this stinky mess.
Hint: They're Dumbed down.

Mainstream people? You mean Trump FOLLOWERS?

THEY are in POWER now...they ARE the so-called "mainstream".

No more getting to PLAY the opposition!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Can you quote this:

Trump was asking Comey to "let this go" (Trump's own words)

in order to make this:

true?

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
Depends...

Was he loyal to the constitution when he let Hillary off the hook or was he loyal to the person occupying the office of the presidency?

I'm asking for a friend.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

People make the constitution. The constitution does not make the people. Loyalty to the people first, especially for a public servant.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Neither

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Asking for honesty is just fine. Asking for Loyalty, not so much.

Loyalty is what keeps organized crime in power also. So it depends on where that loyalty lies.

That's the idea behind separation of power. They help keep other powers in check. Loyalty and power concentration in one place is for monarchies and dictatorships not democracies.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The president is elected by the people to defend the constitution. The president is the head of government. Public servants who are not loyal to the president is treason to the nation. That is sedition.

It seems Trump considered Comey as being partisan and was actively sabotaging him by doing a phony investigation to help Democrat chances in the 2018 election so he fired him for sedition.
edit on 7-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

He said " I hope", not "I'm asking", or demanding.

The President then returned to the topic of Mike Flynn, saying, “He is a good guy and has been through a lot.” He repeated that Flynn hadn’t done anything wrong on his calls with the Russians, but had misled the Vice President. He then said, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.” I replied only that “he is a good guy.” (In fact, I had a positive experience dealing with Mike Flynn when he was a colleague as Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency at the beginning of my term at FBI.) I did not say I would “let this go.”

The Statement (and the Grandfather Clock)

The MSM had this as a big coercion attempt.

edit on Jun-07-2017 by xuenchen because: ticktockthegrandfatherclock

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

You are confused.

The 'let this go' comment was specific to the Flynn counter intelligence investigation into his call with Kislyak, not the Russia investigation.

It is conjecture to say that asking for loyalty was asking to stop any investigation - no basis for any charge.

It is conjecture to say that Comey was fired because he was asked to stop the Russia investigation (which he wasn't anyway) and did not.

Apart from that you have a solid case.

edit on 7/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Asking for honesty is just fine. Asking for Loyalty, not so much.

Loyalty is what keeps organized crime in power also. So it depends on where that loyalty lies.

That's the idea behind separation of power. They help keep other powers in check. Loyalty and power concentration in one place is for monarchies and dictatorships not democracies.

The separation of powers is enshrined within the constitution and refers to the three branches of govt. The law of the land is structured to ensure it. It does not relate to the IC which fall under the purview of the Executive branch. The relationship between the President and the FBI is based more on tradition and practice than law.

There is nothing illegal about the President asking for loyalty from an FBI Director.
edit on 7/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join