It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela you got some splainin to do

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: wickd_waze
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Cinderella "Magic mirror on the wall". I think it use to be "Mirror, mirror on the wall".

YT is full of Cinderella(Aschenputtel) clips and movies but i watched some german clips and it's mostly "Spieglein(Mirror),Spieglein(Mirror) an(on) der(the) Wand(wall).

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml

It may have been brought up, though the one that comes to mind is from Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, "Luke, I am your father." Now it's "No, I am your father." (Darth Vader) What does German cinema say?

The german translation changed. The f#ck? I never heard the "Nein(No), ich(i) bin(am) dein(your) Vater(father)." line before. I watched Star Wars countless times. It was always "Luke, ich(i) bin(am) dein(your) Vater(father)."

Now that is interesting. Maybe ask a few German people what they remember?

I don't have to. The german version of the line was so iconic that Luke i am your father was used constantly during that time. 100%. I watched the original and the german versions years ago and both still had the Luke line in it. This is definitely not possible and not because of faulty memory. I watched the remastered versions too and they had the Luke line. This is f#cked up.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is so bizarre. Even James Earl Jones remembers the original Luke line. I missed the change to the Apollo 13 iconic line and apparently it changed back to the original one.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well f#ck me the JFK assassination changed as well. Could you all please state how many seats JFK's car had before watching the video? Thanks.

edit on 9-6-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
For those just experiencing the ME - check out South America..

South America is much further east now...

...and there's no more north pole landmass (no more Arctic)

Check it out on a globe or world map - that's what got me.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
That is pretty weird how the Mandela movie dialogue changes didnt effect some of the movie's in Germany. Theres just so many ways to look at that. Thats pretty crazy.
edit on 9-6-2017 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Cinderella "Magic mirror on the wall". I think it use to be "Mirror, mirror on the wall".

YT is full of Cinderella(Aschenputtel) clips and movies but i watched some german clips and it's mostly "Spieglein(Mirror),Spieglein(Mirror) an(on) der(the) Wand(wall).

Thanks for checking Germany's version of Cinderella and for telling us how to say some of the iconic movie lines in German.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
My favourite M.E is Laurel & Hardy. The famous catchphrase people remember is "That's another FINE mess, you've gotten me into."

Of course the catchphrase was never that and has always been "That's another NICE mess, you've gotten me into".

So you think OK maybe I just misremembered it but the question is why would you have a film called "Another FINE mess" if that was never the catchphrase?

edit on 12-6-2017 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

In my head the arctic was never a landmass... but depictions of the ice sheet on old globes/maps caused some confusion... BUT South America... sigh...

it pains me to admit it, but many years ago a school mate from Chile and I looked at a map and I distinctly remember discussing it ... obviously the details were lost because I remember his hand tracing the map and noting Chile was in roughly the same latitude as Texas with Peru being roughly the same as where we were, in Arizona.

Must have been a dream... but then there's dilemNa, so ... ?

I think the reason some folks are so violently opposed to these "variances" is the cognitive dissonance it provokes. People seem to need a solid reality for some odd reason... I am becoming enamored of the (alleged) changes, though, as it breaks up the monotonous world we have imposed on ourselves.

Post fact world, indeed... perhaps instead of capricious gods or scary tech, "Magik" (meaning mind over matter and consciousness being primary) is real and so a tipping point was reached when enough folks started doubting the general narrative ... so maybe conspiracy theorists are causing the "flexibility."

edit on 6/12/2017 by Baddogma because: latitude to longitude - DOH

edit on 6/12/2017 by Baddogma because: sigh... i was correct the first time... doesn't say much for brains, does it?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Baddogma
Yeah dilemna/dilemma is another one thats really got me wondering if ME is actually going on. Someone posted, in one of the ME threads, that they underlined the letter "N" with a note that it was silent sometime ago and that the side note and underline is still there just under the second "M " now.

I just looked up my 40 year old dictionary.

It has always been "Dilemma" in the English speaking World...... no idea about the USA..

I recall when Dolly first met Jaws and smiled, she did not have braces.....Later in the movie after all their adventures, she smiles at him at the end, And she had braces...yes its a movie joke...as in "I Loves You Jawsy, moi has braces too" (Dolly was a honey French actress).....but I havent seen the movie in ages.

The Queen song has always been..."We are the Champions, my Friend", Freddy sang "Of the World" at the very end.

Memory Effect.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

I think the reason some folks are so violently opposed to these "variances" is the cognitive dissonance it provokes. People seem to need a solid reality for some odd reason... I am becoming enamored of the (alleged) changes, though, as it breaks up the monotonous world we have imposed on ourselves.

This is definitely part of it.The quote I brought up from Star Wars, "Luke, I am your father," stands out for me.We used to tease my friend Luke using that quote all the time.Then I see t-Shirts, like this: Spork shirt and it makes me scratch my head...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join