It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela you got some splainin to do

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Who remembers I love Lucy? I used to watch it back before cable was a thing. Bunny ears.

Anyway apparently the line Lucy you got some splainin to do was never used in any episode. WHAT!

edit on 7-6-2017 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

I'm back. What century is this?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles
For that matter;
Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson".
Captain Kirk never said "Beam me up Scotty".
Humphey Bogart did not deliver the line "Play it again Sam".
Winsyon Churchill did not offer "Blood, sweat, and tears".
These are all examples of communal memory re-writing representative comments for the sake of euphony and convenience in quotation.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Nuts right.

Also fyi. The Lindbergh baby was found murdered, and the killer executed. I remember the baby was never found to this day. That's why so many people claimed to be the baby in later years.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Wtf Beam me up scotty was always there, now it's gone?!?!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You think some guy with a web site might be wrong or just screwing with people? Wouldn't be the first.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
You think some guy with a web site might be wrong or just screwing with people? Wouldn't be the first.

Yeah no something is truly off.

This video f#cked with my brain. Especially the Moonraker scene and Dolly has miraculously no longer braces. You know the one thing that made Jaws fall in love with her in the first place. I'm 100% sure that Dolly always had braces. The scene wouldn't make zero sense without them. I tried to test myself without googling first and some of the "new" versions just feel wrong.

edit on 7-6-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Wait,wait f#cking wait what. I'm just watching a second video and Queens famous We are the champions has no longer the ending of the world. WHAT! That's not possible.

Edit: Good that seems to be wrong. The song has still of the world in it. That would've broken me. I absolutely love Queen.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Here is another video. Can't say much about all the changed brand names because they look mostly like american brands but the movie quotes sound off as well. The f#ck?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Of course Dolly had braces! Geeeez. Must be a glitch in the Matrix. Oh, wait.....

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Before I posted this thread I watched all the videos by that guy (day off). It's amazing how much has changed in our universe.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lolliek

Of course Dolly had braces! Geeeez. Must be a glitch in the Matrix. Oh, wait.....

Any explanation for that one? That threw me off completely.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

Before I posted this thread I watched all the videos by that guy (day off). It's amazing how much has changed in our universe.

I just saw Forest Gump recently and i'm 99% sure it was always "Life is like a box of chocolates". There was never a "was" in that iconic line.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

I just saw Forest Gump recently and i'm 99% sure it was always "Life is a box full of chocolate". There was never a "was" in that iconic line.

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get. IS how I remember it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I just saw Forest Gump recently and i'm 99% sure it was always "Life is a box full of chocolate". There was never a "was" in that iconic line.

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get. IS how I remember it.

That's what i remember but it is now "Life was like a box of chocolates". This is so f#cked up. I really wish more members would participate the Moonraker one is bothering me like crazy.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bankaikiller
Wtf Beam me up scotty was always there, now it's gone?!?!

Kirk never said "Beam me up, Scotty."

www.todayifoundout.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I presented my theory in another thread. I think it's possible that due to quality of VHS tapes and how the TVs were like back then her bright pearly teeth would have shone through, making it appear that she had braces thus unintentionally creating the reason for the scene.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I presented my theory in another thread. I think it's possible that due to quality of VHS tapes and how the TVs were like back then her bright pearly teeth would have shone through, making it appear that she had braces thus unintentionally creating the reason for the scene.

They zoom in on her face during that scene. Even with #ty quality i could always clearly see her braces. There is not one single photo on the whole www that show the character Dolly with braces. This is just wrong. I wish we could make some polls here. I want to know if our members remember also 2 different versions without googling or any interference from the outside. This is bugging me.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Oh I am with you. I KNOW she had braces. That's why I made a theory. I mean really she HAD braces for sure! That's the whole reason for that scene! LOL.
People have analyzed this and it seemed that part of the braces were there as if they forgot to erase that one. So I dunno.
I would love to get my hands on the original VHS tape.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

It didn't have it. There were videos of it being played and that lyric was not included. I myself heard it on both the radio and on an original LP, and then it was just no longer there. Now it's magically back. Yeah. Bull#. Those are the ones I think were done deliberately to screw with people. The ones that were changed back.
edit on 30188America/ChicagoWed, 07 Jun 2017 20:18:16 -050030pm30157America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Oops

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join