It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Millennial I have never seen the economy as good as it is right now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Color me surprised..

Here's a question for you. If Hillary had won, would we see this?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Nothing of Trump's economic plans have been implemented so the growth has nothing to do with him or any of his policies.

I know you guys don't like to hear it but the economy has been on the upswing for months now, it has absolutely nothing to do with Trump.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Trump can't take credit for something he's (up to this point) had no say in.

That's totally incorrect.

Trump has rescinded about $600 billion of Obama's regulatory lunacy with much more to come.

That alone provides a direct benefit across the board to the free market economy and gives companies a good idea of what's to come.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The housing market is warming up too.

Once the insurance scam is figured out will will see yuge growth.

Businesses were kinda in limbo there for a while.

IF he gets the 15% tax to small biz through, we will really see some growth.

And that is the key to getting out of the basement, or becoming the money maker, and not just pad some dudes yacht fuel costs. You will never be wealthy that way.

Small business baby, it built this country. The 3-5 years average of being broke during startup is the price to pay to make the money and then have the time and money to enjoy your life, and not be in a paycheck to paycheck perpetual panic attack.
The internet has made it easier than ever, if you put the work in.

"I had a dream last night. I dreamt I was a dove flying over the sea. And then I dove into the ocean... And I swam with the dolphins. I was two animals joined as one... ...which meant - good things are coming. Good things."
~ Mr. Cheezle

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: quote

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

So how do you explain the growth of the economy since before Trump won? The economy was improving before the votes were counted. Can Trump take credit for that too?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I don't put too much thought into "what if's", no one knows the answer to that.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

As soon as corporate America knew that Obama was on his way out and would not be replaced with Bill Clinton's wife, they began to make plans to re-invest the trillions in cash they had been hording under Obama.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Just couple of days ago our human resources manager came to the lunch room and asked everybody there to bring people. Never saw that before in my 13 years working there.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

I don't like Obama anymore than anyone else but the fact that the economy is in the shape it is in even after him taking office on the heels of the biggest recession since the Great Depression is pretty impressive.

But I don't expect anyone to acknowledge that, Obama is a Democrat.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

What growth. What has the GDP been over the past 8 years?

From the of Oct. 2016:

The Dow Jones industrial average fell 18.77 points, or 0.1 percent, to close at 18,142.42, with Chevron leading advancers and Nike the top decliner. The S&P 500 slipped less than a point to end at 2,126.15, with utilities leading six sectors higher and energy the biggest laggard. The Nasdaq fell 0.96 points, or 0.02 percent, to close at 5,189.13. Advancers and decliners were about even at the New York Stock Exchange, with an exchange volume of 1.035 billion and a composite volume of 3.842 billion at the close.

www.cnbc.com...

Compare with today:

money.cnn.com...

link   

link   

So the economy wasn't improving before Trump announced his run?

It was.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Just couple of days ago our human resources manager came to the lunch room and asked everybody there to bring people. Never saw that before in my 13 years working there.

My girlfriend is a flight attendant for one of the top 10 U.S. airlines. She's got 20 years seniority. Management just put out a memo offering a $500 bonus if someone they recommend goes "online" (passes training).

And these are jobs in high demand!

That's never happened before.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Word from the wise on IT jobs- the good ones are never listed.
Find a local company with big IT needs (credit Union, hospital, anyone with money to burn) and show up.
Often they're so busy that they can't take the time to interview a dozen blokes, so they don't post a job.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Not to mention the dozens of unqualified or WAY overqualified they may get and simply don't have time to sift through.

Purely anecdotal but worth the mention.

Great advice.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You guys sure do love ganging up on people who share a different opinion.

The fact is Obama inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression, but you guys don't care about that.
edit on 6/7/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

So the economy wasn't improving before Trump announced his run?

It was.

No, it was not. It was stagnant, low growth, lousy job market, 95 million eligible workers out of the workforce.

I'm a RE developer. No one has their finger on the economic pulse more than people in the building and construction industries.

Bottom line, Obama had one of the worst economic records ever.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

It's not an opinion if your stating inaccurate facts.

The fact is Obama inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression but you guys don't care about that.

You're the first to mention it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The fact is Obama inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression but you guys don't care about that.

Obama inherited a recovery and proceeded to spend the next 8 years trying to destroy it.

Bush & Co. had already done the heavy lifting to fix the mortgage mess caused by liberals in Congress bullying lenders under guise of the CRA to make millions of loans to their low-income constituents.

TARP saved the economy -- not Obama.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Take a look at this. The economy gradually improved throughout the entirety of Obama's 2 terms.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
a reply to: toysforadults

Word from the wise on IT jobs- the good ones are never listed.
Find a local company with big IT needs (credit Union, hospital, anyone with money to burn) and show up.
Often they're so busy that they can't take the time to interview a dozen blokes, so they don't post a job.

Thanks. I just finished my first 2 certifications and am in the middle of a degree program working a only halfway technical job. Will take your advice into account especially since I am getting ready for the CCNA.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join