It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madrid Bans Manspreading On Its Public Transport

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

The differences external genitals make on sitting habits shouldn't require a doctor's explanation... common sense should do just fine.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I am guessing, but there is a reason people are using the bus/subway. If they had a car, I would think they would use it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Out of all the many many problems inherent in our societies THIS is what gets addressed ?

So it's illegal to now sit comfortably ?

This is world IS idiocracy

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
There once was a man who spread his thighs,
To ease the pressure on his guys.
The problem was handled,
His eggs soon got scrambled,
Now with closed legs he just cries.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Yes everyone must sit like a women.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

But what if a woman is manspreading will she go to prison for that also ?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

funny.
im a guy and i would rather not see brain when im out in public but i just look away
hmmmmm

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Orwell's 1984

It's happening.

This is just the icing on the cake.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So we watched the H3H3 video (youtube) on man-spreading a while back and...... we laughed our cheeky little asses off.

But then it dawned on me over the next few weeks...but before I could say anything I looked to my right apparently in visible disgust and that's when he said it, or rather, choked the words out between laughing and inhaling- "Is my man-spread bothering you?"

Hes 6"2 and I drive a Chevy Spark. For the past 4 almost 5 years, whenever hes in the passenger seat, he spreads his legs out (in his defense he can't actually stretch his legs all the way out because the car is so small, our sons carseat prevents him from moving the seat back at all without jeopardizing the safety of our kids legs in a wreck.) anyways i'm rambling- he spreads his legs out, and his *insert descriptive word here* knees are always hitting my hand or my arm that's resting on MY armrest.

All these times I was like "Wanna move your knee bro?"

I should have screamed "MAN-SPREADER!" and like made a video documentary about his ongoing selfishness, and his lack of desire to "take one for the team" and bend his knees up into his chest everywhere we went, all because he wanted to oppress me for being a woman, and having the nerve to own a vehicle that can fit more than 2 people but isn't bigger than the Del Sol. Can you imagine that?

OKAY so maybe this man-spread was justified, so then others could be too?

All comedy aside, I'm for equality and what not, and I have seen a few rare examples of.... not sure if ignorantly or just mindlessly (like just not being aware of surroundings and minding typical 20th century manners) general man-spreading

When you're talking about a bus or a train or any public transportation or seating, yeah come on it's kind of rude if you're taking up more seats than you really should be. Would I go out of my way to complain? Only to my sons father! Do I think people need to be arrested or punished for it? Jesus Christ no (sorry religious folks).

But..................................... It's like at the bottom of my list of things I care about where my genders opression is concerned.

And if any of you stuck with me through all of that.......... good on ya lol.

-Alee
edit on 6/7/2017 by NerdGoddess because: apologize for saying J.C.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

This is about men. How dare you?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Metallicus

Yes, boycott your ride to work.

Don't people have cars or car pools in Madrid? Spain isn't some third world country.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I suppose anything is possible.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
So we watched the H3H3 video (youtube) on man-spreading a while back and...... we laughed our cheeky little asses off.

But then it dawned on me over the next few weeks...but before I could say anything I looked to my right apparently in visible disgust and that's when he said it, or rather, choked the words out between laughing and inhaling- "Is my man-spread bothering you?"

Hes 6"2 and I drive a Chevy Spark. For the past 4 almost 5 years, whenever hes in the passenger seat, he spreads his legs out (in his defense he can't actually stretch his legs all the way out because the car is so small, our sons carseat prevents him from moving the seat back at all without jeopardizing the safety of our kids legs in a wreck.) anyways i'm rambling- he spreads his legs out, and his *insert descriptive word here* knees are always hitting my hand or my arm that's resting on MY armrest.

All these times I was like "Wanna move your knee bro?"

I should have screamed "MAN-SPREADER!" and like made a video documentary about his ongoing selfishness, and his lack of desire to "take one for the team" and bend his knees up into his chest everywhere we went, all because he wanted to oppress me for being a woman, and having the nerve to own a vehicle that can fit more than 2 people but isn't bigger than the Del Sol. Can you imagine that?

OKAY so maybe this man-spread was justified, so then others could be too?

All comedy aside, I'm for equality and what not, and I have seen a few rare examples of.... not sure if ignorantly or just mindlessly (like just not being aware of surroundings and minding typical 20th century manners) general man-spreading

When you're talking about a bus or a train or any public transportation or seating, yeah come on it's kind of rude if you're taking up more seats than you really should be. Would I go out of my way to complain? Only to my sons father! Do I think people need to be arrested or punished for it? Jesus Christ no (sorry religious folks).

But..................................... It's like at the bottom of my list of things I care about where my genders opression is concerned.

And if any of you stuck with me through all of that.......... good on ya lol.

-Alee

This is great. Lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Men spread their legs while sitting for comfort, not to be an asshole. If this has any legitimacy then they should ban fat people from riding public transportation as well.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

"I don't like the way you are sitting, I'm not going to look away and be mature about it, I'm going to take away your rights because I cannot control my feelings"

There's your law in a nutshell.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
To be honest I had to google manspreading. Didn't even know it was a term for a guy spreading his legs out which causes to take up more than one seat (according to wiki anyway)

That being said are they going to ban people who are over sized taking up two seats?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The differences external genitals make on sitting habits shouldn't require a doctor's explanation... common sense should do just fine.

True, but as often as I've heard about Manspreading, I think we need an open discussion for the slow folks.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Some of us can't *ahem* help it..

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Clever poem! How 'bout this one...

There once was a man from Larado,
Whose junk was crushed somewhat like Playdoh...
His knees they were touching,
His jewels they were blushing,
All to avoid breaking the law....

LOL

Treetop Control

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

The idiots have a buzz word for that, too... mansplaining. (I'm not kidding, look it up, it is actually a thing these weak ass imbeciles have come up with)

en.wikipedia.org...

Lily Rothman of The Atlantic defines it as "explaining without regard to the fact that the explainee knows more than the explainer, often done by a man to a woman",[5] and feminist author and essayist Rebecca Solnit ascribes the phenomenon to a combination of "overconfidence and cluelessness"

I think the last line is misworded... it is obviously a phenomenon which can be ascribed to the intersection of "overconfidence and cluelessness."
edit on 7-6-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join