It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Parents - Canada's new 'gender identity' law.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Being born and raised here, I love my city dearly. Like I always tell you, I'm a liberal, it's hard not to be when you live here, but this extreme social progressive approach is not the way to do it imo.

Feels very Orwellian, disguised as a freedom loving utopia.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Curious choices there. Be careful, you don't want to be considered a bigot do you? Or guilty of stereotyping?a reply to: kaylaluv

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

She's trying to indirectly call me a racist. But it's OK, I know she doesn't mean it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
Curious choices there. Be careful, you don't want to be considered a bigot do you? Or guilty of stereotyping?a reply to: kaylaluv

Those are all conservative states and proud of it, so no stereotyping needed.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: TexasTruth

She's trying to indirectly call me a racist. But it's OK, I know she doesn't mean it.

I am not. I'm calling you a conservative in liberal's clothing.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Why?

Because I disagree with an extreme social progressive approach?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Gosh, because as we all know, the foster system has such a good track record with children ...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Why?

Because I disagree with an extreme social progressive approach?

Because every post I have seen of yours defends all things conservative and attacks all things liberal.

At the very least, you should say that you don't consider yourself either - that you just like what you like and don't like what you don't like - that would be somewhat more honest then claiming to be liberal all the time.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I think you are mistaking my disdain for the elite left and any rhetoric that comes from them as being anti-liberal.

To me they aren't the same thing. The "left" has hijacked "liberals"

I don't trust the elite left AT ALL.

I feel like the modern liberal doesn't realize this and they just blindly follow any rhetoric coming from the left. Which I will not.

Doesn't mean I'm not a liberal and doesn't mean I'm a conservative.

edit on 7-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
a reply to: Orwells Ghost
What does this have to do with pointing out that a bill in Ontario has nothing to do with PM Trudeau, or Canada as a whole?

You correctly pointed out that this was a provincial bill when another poster referred to it as, and I'm paraphrasing here, "Trudeau's liberal crap". So while Trudeau does in fact have nothing to do with this bill, it can still be correctly thought of as "liberal crap". Hope that helps.
edit on 7-6-2017 by Orwells Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Bone75
If my son starts wearing dresses and demanding that everyone call him Wendy... they can have him.

I'm glad you feel that way.

If my memory serves me correctly, you have kids don't you? Would you be willing to do the same if the shoe was on the other foot? What if they're ashamed of and embarrassed by you and there's nothing you can do to change it?

Would you give them up?

Go back to being a man?

Just tell them to suck it up?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

If my son starts wearing dresses and demanding that everyone call him Wendy... they can have him.

If my memory serves me correctly, you have kids don't you? Would you be willing to do the same if the shoe was on the other foot? What if they're ashamed of and embarrassed by you and there's nothing you can do to change it?

Would you give them up?

Go back to being a man?

No. Because kids aren't assholes until parents make them that way.

My daughter is proud of her moms and she lives a totally normal life. Because she's not raised to be an asshole.

PS edit - to answer your scenario, if I did have that issue, I wouldn't have changed my decision. An unconventional mom is better than a dead one.
edit on 7-6-2017 by Abysha because: Took some ire out.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Prepare yourself - this is the intention of the globalists like Soros, a borderless cesspit of humans forced to think only one particular way or become social pariahs.

"You will accept the power bestowed upon minorities - or we will take your children away"

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

From a very misunderstood trans girl.

So you're a girl act like one.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

originally posted by: rickymouse

I do not think parents should be forced by the state to allow their kids to make choices they are not mature enough to make yet. I do think the courts should realize kids do make mistakes and that they should be given a break from juvinile crimes initially though. We are talking about similar moral issues here, kids do not mature that young that they should be allowed to make changes in gender.

I mean what the heck. You know how many people I know who are extremely sorry they got 'that' tattoo when they were in their 20's?

I can just hear the conversation... 'Hey, my mom and dad didn't spank my ass and tell me to go outside and play when I was 4 and now I have no penise.'

peace

Who profits by sex changes? heatst.com... There are less and more testosterone driven males I know and some actually seem to have estrogen running through their bodies. Everyone is different, society should not be making fun of guys who are more feminine or women who are more masculine. We are all people. I have nothing against gay people at all, I have some friends that are gay. But I do not agree with sex changes, it makes the people who do the surgery or medical stuff lots of money. Soon they will be trying to get these operations paid for by insurances. That will raise the rates for everyone for an operation that is not needed. Changing sex seems to be a deception to me, tricking someone into believing something that is not true. I also think women who wear no makeup are prettier. But do know that there are some good properties in the makeup they put on, lots of the makeups contain retinol and other stuff that actually helps women's skin and even their eyesight since not many eat liver.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: silo13

You voted for this liberal crap when you guys elected Trudeau.

It's madness and Government at its worst.

Retarded millenials voted in this air head

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Would you give them up?

Go back to being a man?

No. Because kids aren't assholes until parents make them that way.

Partly true...who you hang out with also has an influence...so if your friends are assholes, it rubs on you as well. Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join