It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey's Public hearing - opening statement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Yeah i'm so sorry for wanting justice for all the people that the DNC and the Clintons "silenced." You people are delusional and live in a alternative reality.

I believe there is a lawsuit already going to bring "justice" to those that seek it.

I was simply commenting on your statement that Comey would throw the DNC under the bus.

That is delusional and simply wishful thinking to satisfy your partisanship.

Comey is sitting on the evidence to put them all in jail. Besides i'm not partisan. I want them all gone. Both parties are corrupt. Trump is the real deal and you were all mislead.

You are talking out of your ass and have no clue what you are talking about.

Wishful thinking? You only wish he was sitting in the evidence.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump said to Comey:

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

"Hope", not an order or even a request.

Depends on the tone of voice, inflection, facial expression... Comey's testimony tomorrow should be interesting.
Initial feeling based on the statement is that Trump is a whiny child who doesn't understand the way that the law works. Or Government. Or the FBI.

link   

a reply to: UKTruth

I think the disservice the media did to the American people was to push a narrative around separate statements they had heard about - which by the way are still just Comey's notes.

Narrative? Turns out it wasn't a narrative. It was true.

It turns out that the memo did exist, but the media narrative has always been to imply that Trump was under investigation, and that he's Putin's BFF. It now seems clear that the MSM narrative is false.

And remember, those intelligence guys today were "supposed" to testify that Trump pressured them to drop the investigation. But they actually stated very plainly that they were never pressured about the investigation.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

They're having a 7 vs 1 panel with one Trump guy and the narrative is falling apart there already.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Pol is hinting that the timeline with Flynn and Comey is completely false. Is that true?

www.washingtonpost.com... aa83879a-e1ae-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.

Comey is misreprensenting facts majorly in that section. At the time of their dinner, Flynn was already fired for lying to VP and the FBI had cleared his interactions with Kislyak.

New allegations against Flynn were weeks or months from hapening related to Turkey and RT appearances. Comey is intentionally ignoring the factual time line of Flynn in his statement.

Disclaimer: This is not from myself but it sounds important and i wanted to add it to our discussion.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: underwerks
Kind of funny that people are taking an opening statement and running with it like it's a total sum of everything to be discussed during the hearings..

I can understand your need for there to be more - it's been a very bad day for anti-Trump people. I guess we will see if there is anything else tomorrow, but given that all 9 of Comey's meeting with Trump have been documented and submitted in a written statement, I wonder what else he can say on the subject.

There might be something about the investigation itself, i suppose.

On to tomorrow.

I don't get how it's a bad day for anti-Trump people, things are looking pretty good from where I'm sitting..

Since when has an opening statement in a hearing been the sum of the hearing? Why have a hearing at all if everything is in the opening statement?

I get that you're being told to think that Comey is going to drop some bombshell about the Clinton's or that since something isn't in the opening statement it has to be fake and won't be included, but that just isn't the case..

link   
The April eleventh conversation intrigues me, what was the thing Trump was talking about? It appears Comey did not know either. That was actually a good explanation of events from Comey. It shows that the President was not being investigated since there was nothing to show in previous surveillance that he had anything to do with Russia. It also seems like Comey actually had not found anything of concern yet with Trumps people, but he still had to keep the investigation going because some members of the political parties wanted it to continue. Both sides actually wanted it to continue, to find out either way. Actually it does not appear there was much of anything found up to that point. Comey says there might still be something show up with some White House Officials though, but states again that Trump seems to be ok. Trump has to follow procedure about the release that he is not being investigated though.

I can't see why Trump asked for his resignation, Comey doesn't seem that bad. I think Trump was reading too much MSM about Comey, He ought to know that MSM is fake news already. I hope Comey has a good retirement, I personally see no problem with him. Trump kind of is used to people sucking up to him, I know businessmen like that. There are lots of them. I was one who hated employees sucking up to me, but I did demand honesty and following rules I had set to govern safety and responsibility of employees. If they didn't like the way I ran my company, they were free to find a job elsewhere. But I would discuss things with them. Lots of times the employees tried to get me to cut corners, I would not do that, after a while they gained a respect for me because I did things right even though I made less money doing it.

link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

It turns out that the memo did exist, but the media narrative has always been to imply that Trump was under investigation, and that he's Putin's BFF. It now seems clear that the MSM narrative is false.

The media cannot be 100% all of the time, but it turns out they were correct on many aspects.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

As if you need me to "quickly put" anything to bed? You had this sucker tucked in, drinking warm milk and were reading it a bedtime story when the reporting of the memo broke.

It was predictable that you would glom on to that one part of the Comey testimony and ignore the rest. After all, it was broadcasted by Trump in an awkward, out of place line, right in the leaked termination letter. You picked up what Trump laid down.

You do acknowledge by now though that the rest of the letter — the reason for the termination — was bogus and that WH spokespeople similar pushed a lie?

Do you also now acknowledge that the "lying MSM" accurately reported the contents of the Comey memos?

Anyway, your interpretation is that there is no evidence of obstruction. (not surprising) I can assure you that many other people will see this differently. My personal opinion is this isn't enough to call for an impeachment for obstruction of justice but when it comes to Flynn, it's certainly evidence of the President excerting undue influence on the FBI Director to kill an investigation into his lying National Security Advisor.

Ironically, I think that in one regard, Comey's statement tends to weaken a case for obstruction because as I said above, it looks like the motivation for firing Comey was that Comey wouldn't announce that Trump wasn't under investigation personally rather than his failure to drop the investigation.

Hardly laudable, is it?

On a final note, it's interesting that you ignore all the things Trump has lied about in relation to this and also, that Trump seems to concede that there might be people in his orbit who were colluding with the Russians — just not him.
edit on 2017-6-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Obviously because the American people were being spun a yarn (and many were pushing that same yarn)

It's not a yarn if it turns out to be true.

and like he said according to Comey, it was impeding him in doing the job he was elected to do.

It was impeding him from doing his job because he let it. He could have ignored it, did his job and let the investigations bring it to it's final conclusion.

But he didn't. Again, he was insecure and that insecurity is what impeded him.

Nah, taking nothing to warrant any problem or drama and then stringing it together to beat the drum of impeachment as the media did day after day is a politically driven yarn. Same as the Sessions meetings with the Russian ambassador.

It's nonsense and the media are driving propaganda.

You know well that a President can not implement an agenda on his own. He needs the other branches of Govt. and the media yarn has influenced the responses in the House, Senate and even the Judiciary. We've seen democrats actually call for impeachment, lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Pol is hinting that the timeline with Flynn and Comey is completely false. Is that true?

www.washingtonpost.com... aa83879a-e1ae-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.

Comey is misreprensenting facts majorly in that section. At the time of their dinner, Flynn was already fired for lying to VP and the FBI had cleared his interactions with Kislyak.

New allegations against Flynn were weeks or months from hapening related to Turkey and RT appearances. Comey is intentionally ignoring the factual time line of Flynn in his statement.

Disclaimer: This is not from myself but it sounds important and i wanted to add it to our discussion.

Good catch. I wonder how many on MSNBC or CNN will point that out to viewers.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The media never implied that Trump was under investigation... the campaign is under investigation for collusion.

Seems this confirms the leaks and the articles published.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

A nice long post - but it comes back to the fact that there is "no there, there", and you know it.

As for the media - taking this document and reading it tells a totally different story than the constant media innuendo about obstruction of justice and calls for impeachment. People are not blind to the hype and association that drives a narrative. Those worn out left wing tactics no longer work.

A very bad day for Democrats and the media.
edit on 7/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The media never implied that Trump was under investigation... the campaign is under investigation for collusion.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow you seriously dared to write this without the /sarc.
You crack me up.

link   
Interesting to see how some of the media is spinning this. Like MSN.com has their red banner of "Breaking" in reference to Comey and the word "Loyalty".

All I know is reading through the comment section of that website article, there are some common sense people who looked past the BS and questioned the title, thank god there is still hope for society.

link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Please, prove me wrong.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Actually kind of sounds like the same dismissal of guilt he gave Hillary. Careless, not intentional.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

FBI Is Investigating Trump's Russia Ties - NYT Headline

The headline is contradicted by the first paragraph, but that doesn't stop the headline from leaving the impression with many people that Trump is under investigation. Don't pretend the media never implied this, it's embarrassingly false.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

...are you being willfully dense? or are you playing some game? the media has been spinning the BS stories of Trump being investigated for the longest time and ignorant leftist liberals have been using that like its facts, usually of which is countered with exactly what you just posted, the campaign was under investigation.

We don't forget.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Actually kind of sounds like the same dismissal of guilt he gave Hillary. Careless, not intentional.

I actually feel sorry (in a very small way) for Democrats today - it's been a bad one.
My advice would be to stop soaking up the media propaganda. It only leads to your disappointment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join