It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Gonna Love Your Nuts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman

I guess the idea of letting people keep more of their money went right over your head.

This study is nothing more than advertising dressed up in a white coat.

Is there anyone in the world who did NOT know that nuts were good for you. We have already paid public health and the people who develop food guidelines to tell us that nuts are good for us. Do we really need to pay someone else

What exactly did this study add to any body of knowledge. That people who live longer are also the same as those who eat well Did we not already know that.

Garbage is garbage. advertising is advertising. Lets cut down on this garbage and stop breathlessly repeating it to each other and imposing our opinions on other peoples diet.

Wow. You act is if some legislature just enacted a law requiring you to eat nuts.

It's merely some interesting information that even the people involved admit needs more study. It's a flag that an interested person might want to look into this area of nutrition further.

If you don't believe it or don't want to practice it, nobody is forcing it on you. You just want to be contrary.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Dude. Youre soo wrong. Almonds and cashews have good amounts of magnesium.

Soaking and sprouting nuts negates the phytic acid content and improves bioavailability.

They're packed with vitamins and minerals, and specific chemicals that improve health.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

But they aren't delicious

Just because I want to shorten my life doesn't mean I want to do it in a miserable way

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well this thread ended up being about something much different than I thought it was when I saw the title.

I like cashews. Almonds are good too. They make for chunky poop though; kind of like a Mr. Goodbar if somebody let it melt and squished it into lumps.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: SolAquarius

But they aren't delicious

Perhaps if you are not a robot.

Just because I want to shorten my life doesn't mean I want to do it in a miserable way

Ok I found a solution that lets you enjoy cashews and peanuts while shortening your lifespan or at least counteracting the benefits.

Just hold a phone up to your head and chain smoke while eating cashews and peanuts to negate their life extending benefits.

That's how these things work right?

The not so perfect science of using bad things to counteract good things.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Well this thread ended up being about something much different than I thought it was when I saw the title.

What did you think it was going to be about?

.........oh wait nevermind

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

edit on 7 6 2017 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Already do, thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Dude....I never ever once said nuts were not good for you.

you are proving my point. How could you or any one else know that nuts were good for you BEFORE this study was done.

You knew because the knowledge that nuts are good for you is already public knowledge. The nutrients and benefits of nuts are already well known.

So what exactly did this study add to the body of knowledge.....like I said...a useless piece of trash. A waste of dollars that could have been better spent by the taxpayer himself.

The research might also be engaged in other work

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Okay point taken ^.^; I sowwy.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

why do they have to be so expensive.....are they lined with gold.....do they sing and dance..do they change the babys' diaper????????!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join