It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m crawling out of the MUD PIT!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think the best solution would be to keep the mudpit but make ATS highly customizable.

Don't want to see the mudpit click on the forums you don't want to see "poof" all gone out of sight out of mind.

I have heard people say it is a choice to participate in the mudpit or other forums and that you don't have to click on a thread. I feel it would be nice to take it one step further and be able to ignore entire forums like the mudpit.

Everybody gets what they want those who like to play in the mud still get to play in the mud those who hate the mud don't have to see the pig pen....win win for everyone.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If it wasn't for the mud pit, where would right wingers call liberals snowflakes, triggered libtards, or any of the other great names their kind of propaganda gives them?

Without the ability to personally insult someone, I doubt many people that post there would have an argument at all..

link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Yes, the Mud Pit brings out the worst in a great many people.

My biggest issue with this, as you've mentioned (and I've heard some mods express the same sentiment), is that the behavior and attitudes spill over into and infect other threads and forums. I rarely create threads in the 'pit because I don't like the sophomoric, partisan nastiness they descend into.

:/

link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

But you're one of my favourite mud pitters!

LMMFLWAO!

Thank you.

But from this point forward, I think I'll try to do my thing with a little less Mud Pittiness...

You're welcome.

I must admit, I've shied away from it recently myself. There are only so many arguments you can make with the far left before you are flogging a dead horse.

I used to be a left leaning thinker btw but then reality kicked in.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
If it wasn't for the mud pit, where would right wingers call liberals snowflakes, triggered libtards, or any of the other great names their kind of propaganda gives them?

Without the ability to personally insult someone, I doubt many people that post there would have an argument at all..

That makes the false assumption that leftists like yourself don't do a commensurate amount of the name-calling.

It's not we "right-wingers" out bashing people over the heads with bike locks these days.

Thank you for proving my point, BTW...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Yes, the Mud Pit brings out the worst in a great many people.

My biggest issue with this, as you've mentioned (and I've heard some mods express the same sentiment), is that the behavior and attitudes spill over into and infect other threads and forums. I rarely create threads in the 'pit because I don't like the sophomoric, partisan nastiness they descend into.

:/

It's just my opinion of course, but the more prominent and trafficked the Mud Pit has become, the nastier ATS has gotten overall.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The left wingers are far worse. Trumpets, Trumptards, Dear Leader, Cheerio in Chief etc etc.

Basically, anyone who disagrees with them/you are immediately worshipping Trump. It's ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
[

The left wingers are far worse. Trumpets, Trumptards, Dear Leader, Cheerio in Chief etc etc.

Basically, anyone who disagrees with them/you are immediately worshipping Trump. It's ridiculous.

edit on 7-6-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

That makes the false assumption that leftists like yourself don't do a commensurate amount of the name-calling.

It's not we "right-wingers" out bashing people over the heads with bike locks these days.

Thank you for proving my point, BTW...

What point is that? That something called the Political Mud Pit is for people flinging mud over politics? Say it ain't so...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

That's a perfect illustration of exactly what SBMcG was talking about and this isn't the mudpit btw.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Are all 4 of us left wingers on ATS really that bad?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
[

Don't worry, the right do that too. Don't like Trump? You're a Hillary/Obama worshipper. Both sides are guilty but not all posters.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
underwerks
"If it wasn't for the mud pit, where would right wingers call liberals snowflakes, triggered libtards, or any of the other great names their kind of propaganda gives them?

Without the ability to personally insult someone, I doubt many people that post there would have an argument at all.. "

Wide eyes

"The left wingers are far worse. Trumpets, Trumptards, Dear Leader, Cheerio in Chief etc etc.

Basically, anyone who disagrees with them/you are immediately worshipping Trump. It's ridiculous."

Yikes the mud is spilling over in a thread critical of the mudpit.
Maybe we all need to chill and get to the heart of the matter of the mudpit being a problem instead of turning this into another mudpit thread.

Although this is a perfect example of the mudpit spilling over into another thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

Yikes the mud is spilling over in a thread critical of the mudpit.
Maybe we all need to chill and get to the heart of the matter of the mudpit being a problem instead of turning this into another mudpit thread.

Although this is a perfect example of the mudpit spilling over into another thread.

LMMFLWAO!

And "Bingo!" was his name-O!
edit on 7-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Lol.

That tickled me.

Seriously though. We are on a conspiracy site and we're arguing about which douche bag is going to lead us into the NWO. It's all ridiculous. As I've said before, Trump is my favourite puppet because he makes me laugh.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

If you realize it is all an absurd comedy about human nature and don't take it personally then it makes the situation more enjoyable.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

Lol.

That tickled me.

Seriously though. We are on a conspiracy site and we're arguing about which douche bag is going to lead us into the NWO. It's all ridiculous. As I've said before, Trump is my favourite puppet because he makes me laugh.

I agree, on a conspiracy site like this it's weird to me that people trust the president and government.

But hey, whatever. It's 2017 I guess..

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

It's the only way to deal with it. The information age is hard to adapt to. I feel like my head is spinning at the moment.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

It's the only way to deal with it. The information age is hard to adapt to. I feel like my head is spinning at the moment.

I find that unplugging from it all by going out into nature and hiking to be very therapeutic for myself.

Babylon will babel on.................It's nice to listen to the song of the forest instead of clamouring shrieks of modern society.
edit on 7-6-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

To clarify, we have an election tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join