It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Dies After Cop’s Husband Puts Him In Chokehold Outside Denny’s

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
According to this update the county medical examiner has ruled it a homicide and the LEO has been removed from patrol duties.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Reasonable force still applies in Texas.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Sounds like america to me. Theres a reason the usa has one of the lowest qualities of life of any first world nation.
edit on 7-6-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Yea, that damn America with its #7 in quality of life index. It's so awful.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: TinySickTears
even if the dude was drunk and pissing on a wall you dont deserve to be choked to death for that #.

Uh, obviously things went down between the pissing and the choking. Should be interesting to learn exactly what. If drunk guy took a swing or made a threat it's on his own shoulders, being Texas and all...

The deputy’s husband confronted him after seeing him urinating outside the restaurant.

dude is a cowboy.
saw someone pissing on the wall and decided to confront..

why didnt the cowboy call the cops? call his wife?
he decided to confront the dude and had no business in doing so

his fault

# this guy

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Reasonable force still applies in Texas.

reasonable

first i would like to know why the cowboy decided to confront this dude?
he had no reason or business in doing so...
so he confronts.....
lets say he confronts and the pisser pops him in the mouth.
pop him back or even though this would be hard for all of us getting popped, follow the law and call the cops.
nope
cowboy obviously hits dude at least once or he would not have been asking the dude if he wanted to get hit again and then chokes/smothers him.

the confrontation was not necessary at all. this cowboy was not law enforcement.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Deleted - made an incorrect observation.

Nothing to see here... move along

edit on 7-6-2017 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Its 18.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
The dude was choked to death INSIDE the Dennys.

The video clearly shows a parking lot.

Article with Video

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

The drunken guy was originally inside with his wife. She took him to denny's in order to get some coffee and sober him up.
At some point the drunk guy went outside and took a piss while his wife followed him out. That's when the cowboy showed up and noticed him while he waited for his wife (the officer) to show up.

Most people around here believe the situation was handled completely wrong and the husband took it too far.
They also believe the officer should of been the one to confront the drunk guy as she actually had the legal authority to do something.

For all we know, the husband of the office was drunk as well.
edit on 7-6-2017 by ProjectedLogic because: Spelling, my brain runs faster than my fingers.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

even if the dude was drunk and pissing on a wall you dont deserve to be choked to death for that #.

Don't forget the drunk urinater physically assaulted the man as well.

So what.
Dude showed up. Why?
Even if he did get popped he went to far in choking the dude to death.
There is an appropriate response to #.
He was a cowboy. He went too far

Who cares why he showed up?

The drunk choose the wrong path and payed the price for it.

You have no idea what happened.

You seem to be biased against "cowboys" and automatically choose the SJW side of the fence.

I have no clue what happened. I am just stating what little facts we know.

On some points, I have to agree with you, we don't, for instance, have all of the facts, (The man “verbally confronted ... Hernandez about his behavior” and the physical altercation ensued) like what happened here and what order here.
But we have laws and we have a method for arrest. I don't believe a citizen would have the right to physically confront someone they would instead have the right to report his action to the authorities.

The man strangling this guy is nothing but an average citizen it makes no difference who his wife is.

Now if she confronted the guy for breaking the law and he became physically violent maybe there would be a reason for the husband to at minimum step in to protect her until her backup could arrive. But there is a limit when confronting a drunk. Clearly, this guy did not know when to stop with the choking.
edit on 7-6-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Wow you're right... you know I saw the relief marks in the concrete and thought it was tile inside Dennys. Now I see the yellow parking line...

Guess I was distracted by a man being choked to death!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Sounds like voluntary manslaughter to me witnesses did say victim punched first (check daskakik link at top of page) they also say perp was choking him for 10-15 minutes a little excessive don't ya think. If it weren't for the video he would get off scott free, because the deputy will lie her ass off to protect her husband.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ProjectedLogic

of course it was handled wrong.
anyone who does not think so is a cowboy too.

those are the people i worry about when we get into the gun control/right to bear arms debate.

the cowboys that want to save the day.

they are a dangerous lot because in their twisted minds they are doing some good. that is not the reality though

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

I take it you won't be quoting anything to support your claim about the deceased assaulting somebody, then?

I didn't figure you would, I just wanted to be clear that while you were chastising everybody else because "we don't have the full story" you were simultaneously distorting, twisting, and fabricating information and then presenting it as fact to support your argument.

Thanks for clearing it up.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jdubious
Sounds like voluntary manslaughter to me witnesses did say victim punched first (check daskakik link at top of page) they also say perp was choking him for 10-15 minutes a little excessive don't ya think. If it weren't for the video he would get off scott free, because the deputy will lie her ass off to protect her husband.

even if the victim punched first the reasonable response is not to kill the person.
should have called the cops

actually he should not even confronted the dude.
he had no business confronting the guy...absolutely no reason except he is a cowboy.

thats what cops are for. you call them when laws are being broken you dont confront the lawbreaker yourself.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

a reply to: DrStevenBrule

You're right
I don't know. The price for pissing on a wall should not be death.
If it were someone close to you you would probably feel different

I'm sjw cause a dude was murdered for pissing and I don't think it's cool?

Say the cop's husband was the one that died after the physical altercation.

Would you even care?

I bet not.

Would you even have heard this story?

I bet not.

Say it was you not the man who happened to be the husband of a cop? (Who is just a Man, much bigger than the drunk)
Would you have got into a physical altercation with a guy in the parking lot because you saw him piddle?
If you did what if you killed him? What if he killed you?
All pretty stupid huh?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Seems like assault and manslaughter to me.

Personally id push for homicide charges. The guy had no place choking and punching a guy in the face for peeing outside. But im sure cops will think that any use of force including manslaughter is justified for just about any scenario. Do second amendment rights allow a civilian to shoot said cowboy for attenpting to murder (and succeeding) a drunk guy who was peeing. Finally shows the guy had no idea what he was doing if he killed anybody using a choke hold. Just another big ego wannabe who watches too much mma. Sadly i bet the off duty officer knew even less.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join