It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British terrorist attackers obvious lack of firearms.... Take note America!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

To be fair, they could have stopped them with riot shields and nightsticks, and stopped them hard.

The decision to deploy firearms units, although sensible in this instance, was probably not made because the attackers had knives, but in case they had guns or bombs.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

If you really want to go down that road.....

Bullets don't kill people, the injuries sustained do.....

I would argue the intent of the person holding the gun does the killing, anyone can shoot to wound....

PA

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Excuse me, but I'm from the UK actually.... although I do admire the Australian model of gun control... It worked...

PA

link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

I rarely respond to these OPs anymore, particularly those posted by people from the UK because of your obvious and profound ignorance about the situation in the US.

You fail to know or grasp the fact that there are so many firearms owned and/or in circulation in the US that collecting them all would be impossible. It would be impossible for at least two reasons, one, the criminal element which is enormous, would never turn in their firearms, and two, the law abiding citizens in the heartland of the US would not, under any circumstances comply, having nothing but disdain for the Federal Government, and, as well, just as States have refused to enforce immigration laws, State Governments en masse would refuse to enforce a Federal seizure law. Each State has its own Constitution most of which preserve the right to bear arms.

Further, you fail to understand that the US shares a 3,000 mile land border with a near Narco-Gang State, i.e., Mexico and that firearms flow freely over that border. That border will never be secured because many of those charged with securing that border are criminals themselves, profiting from the illegal traffic.

Finally you fail to grasp the level of, frequency of and mortal danger of the criminal activity in the US which places law abidng citizens at mortal peril every day. Perhaps that is because the only news of the US you get is the major MSM outlets that dont report on daily occurences of local crime. For a flavor of that, see:
m.fox8live.com...

NEW ORLEANS, LA (WVUE) - Ryan Stivers walks his dog past Fourth and Coliseum every day, but he was shocked to hear what happened on this corner Monday night.

“I’m pretty surprised. This is probably one of the safest neighborhoods that I know of,” says Ryan Stivers.

The Garden District Security District says they were flagged down just after 11 p.m. Monday by the security officer at Commander’s Palace at Washington and Coliseum.

They say two men and two women were robbed at gunpoint a block away. The four victims were customers at Commander’s Palace.

The story goes on:

“As usual our local police force is understaffed and probably over whelmed so like most places in the city, you don’t feel like there’s adequate policing,” says Wood.

Some we talked to, now worry about their safety.

“What is remarkable is the level of crime in this surrounding area. I mean it’s almost like they’ve discovered a hunting ground,” says Wood.

The NOPD is now investigating the armed robbery. It’s one of 21 armed robberies that happened across New Orleans since Friday.

You will note: that's 21 armed robberies in 6 days.

Do some home work before virtue signaling your moral high ground on gun control.

link   

originally posted by: PerfectAnomoly
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

If you really want to go down that road.....

Bullets don't kill people, the injuries sustained do.....

I would argue the intent of the person holding the gun does the killing, anyone can shoot to wound....

PA

Whatever floats your boat man.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Excuse me, but I'm from the UK actually.... although I do admire the Australian model of gun control... It worked...

PA

My apologies to Australia.

Come on over, take our guns from us.
Stop bitching and take the bull by the horns.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
They could probably manufacture firearms DIY like they do in Syria where they build mortars and mortar rounds.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: dfnj2015

I was being facetious.
There's that dang word again!

Put it on the BAN list!!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think I'll keep my guns!

Indiana Jones - Gun vs. Sword

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Took me a minute to realize you were being sarcastic.

Certainly seems that way , doesn't it?

If not, it's the weakest self defeating anti-2nd justification I have read in a long time.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Good afternoon ATS.

I've spent many years on this here site and others arguing with Americans about gun control, I've been through all the arguments over and over again and it always ends with the comment "If you take away all the guns, only the bad guys will have them"... or "If someone wants to carry out a mass killing they will get a gun by whatever means, banning/grabbing guns will not stop this, it just means we won't be able to protect ourselves"... And similar arguments....

My main point in all these discussions is a simple one, that a country with less guns, is a safer country.

Now as we all know this comes down to mentality/culture as well, other countries have a high percentage of weapons in citizens hands, Canada, switzerland etc, but these problems don't seem to occur with anywhere near the frequency they do in the states...

My main point is something I noticed this week, of the 3 terror attacks in the UK in the last month or so NO GUNS were used, that's right, NO GUNS.... This appears to prove my point that a society with less guns is a safer society, and completely destroys the argument that if people want to kill they will find guns and kill people.... These chaps couldn't get hold of one, and they seemed to be planning for quite some time... That's how hard it is to get hold of a gun in the UK, very hard.

In Australia for instance, after the Port Arthur massacre, there was an amnesty...... A large percentage of guns were handed in, the people understood that a society is safer if people don't have hand held killing tools in their homes. The cost of obtaining the same gun used in the Port Arthur Massacre went from 250 Dollars to 40,000 dollars.... See what happened?

I would propose that my argument for all these years has been seen in action. Tell me, of all the terrorist attacks in the united states how many of them didn't feature guns?

That is all.

PA

The whole reason we have guns is because of Britain. And judging by history, if you don't want to be embarrassed don't try to take them.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I completely understand you argument about the practicalities of removing guns from the general population, However, they managed it in Australia..... Because the people were 100% behind it.... IT will take a change of mind by people like you to make it happen, but it's not impossible as Australia proved...

The border with Mexico will be secured soon if you believe Trump, I assume you are a Trump supporter and a Republican? Please accept my apologies if my assumptions are incorrect....

And just to put you in the picture, I've spent a lot of time in the US and dated a few American women... I've also been watching for 20+ years.... I have as good an understanding as you do....

I'm not attempting to gain the moral high ground... I'm just attempting to point out that your "right to bear arms", is a foolish right, and one that causes FAR more pain to America than it helps.... This is common sense, not boasting.

PA

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Lol, harsh... but funny...

I'll be over on Friday... Will you be about?

I could disarm you in seconds before you even had the chance to point a firearm at me...

I'm a ninja, I move like the wind and strike like a storm....

PA

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BendingTheTruth
You prove my point for me...

Indiana is "The police" in this situation, the man with the sword is the general public.....

What if "sword man" also had a gun, wouldn't have been quite the same fight...

PA

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Ia reply to: allsee4eye I Watched a video showing an area in Pakistan where you can order a 1911 Colt or M1 carbine and have made right there.

Using just a blacksmith type setup and no power tools. Made by hand tested and fired before payment.
It may been a VICE vid.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

a reply to: BendingTheTruth
You prove my point for me...

Indiana is "The police" in this situation, the man with the sword is the general public.....

What if "sword man" also had a gun, wouldn't have been quite the same fight...

PA

LOL, what if.... worms had machine guns? we would all be in trouble.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: grubblesnert

I think that they have something like that in Thailand as well.

Backstreet gunsmiths... very dangerous to get them made like that of course, because shooting one magazine through a weapons platform does not an extensive QC check make.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

I rarely respond to these OPs anymore, particularly those posted by people from the UK because of your obvious and profound ignorance about the situation in the US.

You fail to know or grasp the fact that there are so many firearms owned and/or in circulation in the US that collecting them all would be impossible. It would be impossible for at least two reasons, one, the criminal element which is enormous, would never turn in their firearms, and two, the law abiding citizens in the heartland of the US would not, under any circumstances comply, having nothing but disdain for the Federal Government, and, as well, just as States have refused to enforce immigration laws, State Governments en masse would refuse to enforce a Federal seizure law. Each State has its own Constitution most of which preserve the right to bear arms.

Further, you fail to understand that the US shares a 3,000 mile land border with a near Narco-Gang State, i.e., Mexico and that firearms flow freely over that border. That border will never be secured because many of those charged with securing that border are criminals themselves, profiting from the illegal traffic.

Finally you fail to grasp the level of, frequency of and mortal danger of the criminal activity in the US which places law abidng citizens at mortal peril every day. Perhaps that is because the only news of the US you get is the major MSM outlets that dont report on daily occurences of local crime. For a flavor of that, see:
m.fox8live.com...

NEW ORLEANS, LA (WVUE) - Ryan Stivers walks his dog past Fourth and Coliseum every day, but he was shocked to hear what happened on this corner Monday night.

“I’m pretty surprised. This is probably one of the safest neighborhoods that I know of,” says Ryan Stivers.

The Garden District Security District says they were flagged down just after 11 p.m. Monday by the security officer at Commander’s Palace at Washington and Coliseum.

They say two men and two women were robbed at gunpoint a block away. The four victims were customers at Commander’s Palace.

The story goes on:

“As usual our local police force is understaffed and probably over whelmed so like most places in the city, you don’t feel like there’s adequate policing,” says Wood.

Some we talked to, now worry about their safety.

“What is remarkable is the level of crime in this surrounding area. I mean it’s almost like they’ve discovered a hunting ground,” says Wood.

The NOPD is now investigating the armed robbery. It’s one of 21 armed robberies that happened across New Orleans since Friday.

You will note: that's 21 armed robberies in 6 days.

Do some home work before virtue signaling your moral high ground on gun control.

A big thanks for providing an education that was obviously needed. I will never understand foreigners thinking they know what's best for the US when they don't live under our riles or have even an iota of our freedoms. Perhaps those in the UK should start by explaining the VAT that sucks away any possibility of the middle and lower classes ever moving up...or don't... after all who am I to worry about laws that don't affect me in my Country? Hmmmm...

link   

Lol, harsh... but funny...

I'll be over on Friday... Will you be about?

I could disarm you in seconds before you even had the chance to point a firearm at me...

I'm a ninja, I move like the wind and strike like a storm....

PA

I'll be here.

link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: network dude

To be fair, they could have stopped them with riot shields and nightsticks, and stopped them hard.

The decision to deploy firearms units, although sensible in this instance, was probably not made because the attackers had knives, but in case they had guns or bombs.

Yes, they could have thrown a big net on them like in the cartoons, or spilled some glue on the ground so they couldn't move. They didn't, they shot them.

I like guns, I enjoy collecting and shooting, but I have no desire to kill anyone. at what point do MY guns become dangerous?
answer is the daily double: when they are in the hands of a bad person.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join