It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

%RDI on Food labels... False Memory/Mandela Effect?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hi All,

I'm trying to determine whether this is a False Memory or Mandela Effect and see whether other people have noticed it too.

In Australia, I have always believed that the food labeling laws stipulated that the % of Daily Intake of Energy, Saturated Fats, Sugars and Fibre had to be listed on all food and beverage packaging. I remember many times reading the labels of chocolate blocks to work out how much I would eat and other times being amazed and shocked by the crazy high amount of saturated fats in a small serving of chips. I've found a packaged milk drink that shows the %DI of all the added vitamins and minerals but not the %DI of the energy etc.

I've contacted the company via Social Media with no official response. I have however, had a few confused people comment about needing %DI at all. I've contacted Food Standards council to clarify whether this is a requirement or not or whether the laws have since changed to no avail.

I've just looked through my pantry at other food packages but have found NONE that have %DI panels at all

Can anyone shed any light on this?

(P.S I am on the fence with ME and tend to sway more towards a false memory situation)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Percentage daily intake information may be voluntarily provided in the nutrition information panel. Where such information is provided, there are mandatory requirements governing its use.

Percentage recommended dietary intake (RDI) information must be provided if a claim requiring nutrition information is made about a vitamin or mineral that has an RDI (see section 4.4 of this User Guide).

PDF on 2nd link down
Section 4.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

hazar! thanks for that. I was trawling that stupid website and couldnt find it

Its so odd I remember it being law and seeing the info on EVERY food label... guess its a false memory :S

new topics

join