It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN ATTACK: ISIS claims responsibility for pair of assaults in Tehran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

ISIS claimed responsibility for a pair of Wednesday attacks in Tehran in which suicide bombers and teams of gunmen stormed Iran's parliament and the nearby shrine of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, killing at least 12 and injuring dozens of others.

Looks like ISIS has prepared for plenty of attacks this month. This time in Tehran....this one may play out a bit different than others. They attacked Iran's Parliament....kinda crazy.

I don't see this as the last at all.

link
edit on 6/7/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
As ISIS is pushed out of Syria expect more focus from them somewhere elso. Look like the Ayatolahhs got some new guests moving into his st.ate

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
If the Islamic State wanted Iran's Revolutionary Guard to commit more resources to the Syrian front they just got their wish.

Mosul will soon be liberated and then Iran's Militias will cross into Syria. Their days as a functional state are numbered. Once they have no permanent headquarters from which to organise and broadcast propaganda i'd expect their ability to conduct terrorist attacks internationally to diminish greatly.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
If the Islamic State wanted Iran's Revolutionary Guard to commit more resources to the Syrian front they just got their wish.

Mosul will soon be liberated and then Iran's Militias will cross into Syria. Their days as a functional state are numbered. Once they have no permanent headquarters from which to organise and broadcast propaganda i'd expect their ability to conduct terrorist attacks internationally to diminish greatly.

Yeah....this was a pretty bold attack by them. They are obviously pushing back hard right now.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Iran better implement a Muslim ban!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
They claim responsibility for everthing that happens anywhere, nothing to take serious anymore.

But what a "coincidence", the former US wardrums sound louder and louder(to drown the problems at home), the former US provokes all of their best old enemies like Russia, NK and Iran, and suddenly Iran gets attacked by "IS"...

Coincidences, just coincidences...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

As usual, the Trump administration does not have a unified policy. The President wants to make nice with Russia, but his military and security advisers want war with Russia's "ally" Iran. It is possible that the terror attack was a false flag, but it is more likely that it was a group of Sunnis-- or even Marxists-- trying to make a point, with or without outside assistance.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Ever wondered why Isis haven't attacked Saudi Arabia or Israel ?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Those states have functioning governments; Syria and Libya do not.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I might suspect that this is a staged attack...by blaming the Sunni ISIS Iran will mobilize millions of the citizens to accept more aggressive actions from Iran & the Supreme Leader

look at the pics of the crowds gathered... the scene just oozes fear by the people........as the crowds seems to be listening to State Radio as they surround the nearby parliament offices (note the cc cameras monitoring the activity)

21stcenturywire.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Fear? As in the first picture? I don't see any fear, just the backs of lots of peoples heads...

Kind of like they are concerned about events that have unfolded and want to learn more. You get that a lot after terrorist attacks, anywhere in the world.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

well.... your not seeing through My eyes...

I see & smell fear rather than hate or disgust

edit on th30149683927907412017 by St Udio because: typo ny to My

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I have wondered why they haven't attacked inside Israel! Common sense says that would be a top target.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

You don't attack your primary sources of support. That would be quite insane.

Kind of like the Fleet Air Arm bombing it's own carriers, or Halliburton setting alight to Arabia's oil wells.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

France,Germany, Sweden, Belgium , Turkey, UK etc. have all functioning governments
edit on 7-6-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

I might suspect that this is a staged attack...by blaming the Sunni ISIS Iran will mobilize millions of the citizens to accept more aggressive actions from Iran & the Supreme Leader

look at the pics of the crowds gathered... the scene just oozes fear by the people........as the crowds seems to be listening to State Radio as they surround the nearby parliament offices (note the cc cameras monitoring the activity)

21stcenturywire.com...

Looks like the perfect opportunity for another bomb to me....

You'd think when an attack happens, people would disperse. The larger the crowd the more opportunity.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
21stcenturywire.com...

Andrew Korybko
21st Century Wire

The Gulf Cooperation Community was shocked shortly after Trump’s trip to Riyadh to read reports in Qatar media that Emir al-Thani supposedly spoke very favorably about Iran’s regional role and against the US’ anti-Iranian policies during his time in Saudi Arabia. It turns out, if the Qatari authorities are to be believed, that their leader didn’t actually say these things and that the media website was hacked by unknown perpetrators, though it looks like Saudi Arabia isn’t buying it because there’s a chance that he did in fact say what was reported but everyone thought that it wouldn’t be made public.

Therefore, the Kingdom’s media still promoted the story even after Doha said that it was debunked, and the influential descendants of al-Wahhab, whom the ultra-conservative strand of Wahhabi Islam is named after, called on Qatar to rename a mosque which was dedicated to its religious leader.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

France,Germany, Sweden, Belgium , Turkey, UK etc. have all functioning governments

They also have high unemployment and disaffected minority youth. Saudi Arabia has a high standard of living and draconian police. Israel has home grown terror that is kept down by draconian police. ISIS takes the credit for inspiring Islamic terror wherever it springs up.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
They claim responsibility for everthing that happens anywhere, nothing to take serious anymore.

But what a "coincidence", the former US wardrums sound louder and louder(to drown the problems at home), the former US provokes all of their best old enemies like Russia, NK and Iran, and suddenly Iran gets attacked by "IS"...

Coincidences, just coincidences...

So, a grand US conspiracy deep in the heart of Iran too?
Nice package you wrap. Don't forget to tie it up with paying your share of NATO's bill.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

My bet is that Saudi Arabia finances them while Israel is training them.

And it won't be smart for them to start a front with Israel.

I have digressed, I wonder if it has anything to do with Qatar and maybe trying to push Iran into this conflict. Iran and Saudi Arabia don't get along well.
edit on 7-6-2017 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join