It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming is real and I can prove it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Just 2 months ago the highest temperature around here was less than 32f. For the past month or so the temp has been steadily increasing with each passing day. My whole state was covered in a blanket of snow and ice. The lakes and rivers were frozen solid. I plugged the numbers into my computer, ran a simulation and the results were not good.
At the current rate of warming we have about 3 weeks before the Earth becomes too hot to support life. It will resemble the planet Mercury within 6 months. Nice knowing all of you but my numbers are correct... I didnt change anything to fit my beliefs... just went with the raw data...... we are sooo screwed...... DOOOOoom DOOOooooommm.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

What is your location?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Don't worry.... I'll just give you tons and tons of money, without questioning your data.... Then we'll be okay, right?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Look at your finger. Look closer. Still closer. You might need a microscope now. See that single cell?

That is your local weather.

Now zoom out. You see a large part of your body.

That is the worlds climate.

If you get a cold (Stupid name for it, right?), which has an effect on your whole body, what does your single cell see of it? Besides some increased body temperature (but not so much, as it is in the outer layers of the end of one of your extremeties = finger), and some white blood cells coming by - nothing much, right?

But the body (=the world climate) experiences a rough treatment.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Unless you have verification of the age of the earth and subsequent whether-related data for her entire existence, I'm gonna suggest that no-one, in fact, has proof of GW - you have observations with no ability to correlate them to a reference point far back enough in earths past.
edit on 7-6-2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

using the word "proof" or anything like it in your title never helps the thread...

it is kinda hot in here though

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Contrary to your anecdotal superstitious moronic BS, here's a little bit of science:

Earth’s 2016 surface temperatures were the warmest since modern recordkeeping began in 1880, according to independent analyses by NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Globally-averaged temperatures in 2016 were 1.78 degrees Fahrenheit (0.99 degrees Celsius) warmer than the mid-20th century mean. This makes 2016 the third year in a row to set a new record for global average surface temperatures.

NASA, NOAA Data Show 2016 Warmest Year on Record Globally

The thing is the people at NASA are just a little bit smarter than you. Here, I will help you with the big bad scientific words. The word "average" is a mathematical concept. Math is the study of numbers and their relationships. Here's the mathematical definition of "average":

Average – Definition – How to Calculate Average

Now I know its difficult when people are so much smarter than you. But try to understand something. When you were struggling to solve for x in algebra class, the people at NASA were solving those problems in their heads. They knew more than their teachers did long before anything came out of their teacher's mouths.

I met this mathematician, he was the smartest human being I've ever met. He wrote books in pilish. Pilish is a type of constrained poetry where each word in the text has the same number of characters in the sequence of PI, 3.14159... Here is his latest book:

Not A Wake: A Dream Embodying π's Digits Fully For 10000 Decimals

The point I am trying to make is people with average intelligence just don't understand for a reason.

edit on 7-6-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Everyone needs to be aware of the forum this OP was posted in - Jokes, Puns & Pranks

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

"since 1880."

Think upon that for a few minutes. 130ish years out of some 200000? Can you see how this is in now way a complete argument?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Now I understand. I needed a good laugh! Hahahaha!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I will defer to the scientists at NASA over you opinion. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I didn't state an opinion. I asked a question.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

QUICK!

RAISE TAXES!

*screams*

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Again, I will not answer the question because I am not a NASA scientist. I could track down peered reviewed publish papers and talk about how the researchers deal with sample size, but, I will just assume the the NASA scientist thought about that little bit of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: JinMI

Again, I will not answer the question because I am not a NASA scientist. I could track down peered reviewed publish papers and talk about how the researchers deal with sample size, but, I will just assume the the NASA scientist thought about that little bit of it.

People also said Jesus could perform miracles.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Feels like winter in New York, 50* should be 80*. I'm sure it's cold because of global warming, I say it's nature or aliens!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Everyone needs to be aware of the forum this OP was posted in - Jokes, Puns & Pranks

Awww *crap*

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Yea Zimnydram?

I rose at the usual hour, 7:00 a.m., (sunrise is 6:30), and the Temperature was 64 degrees Fahrenheit. In Texas, in Southwest Texas, In JUNE, just 60 miles from the border with Mexico!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I've thought much the same for years now. Honestly, how do you properly model something as horribly huge as Earths climate with something less than 200 years of data of a climate that's 2,000,000 years old?

I remain.............puzzled!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Silly the earth is 2017 years old... duh, everyone knows that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join