It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Iranian parliament, at least 3 injured – state media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Shooting has been reported in the corridors of the Iranian parliament, local news agencies report. At least three people are said to have been injured in the incident.
The attacker opened fire at the guards, then escaped the building and is now on the run, FARS news agency reported

However, Fars cited some members of parliament who claimed that shooting continues in the building. “Clashes still continue at the parliament building,” one MP said. That has not been confirmed by other media outlets.

www.rt.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

One now confirmed dead.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
And now reporting a suicide blast

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Man what is going on in the ME

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DiaJax

Big trouble in little ME

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
And now reporting a suicide blast

At the parliament buildings?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Oh boy things are getting very fraught indeed
Where is this going to lead I wonder?
It is also being reported that there was an attack on the Shrine to Ayatollah Khomeni too

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Iranian Spring? We all know where that road leads...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Iran's state TV news website said four "terrorists", including a suicide bomber, have attacked the shrine of the late leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini in the capital, Tehran, killing a security guard and wounding four people.
State TV said one of the attackers was killed by security guards and that a woman was arrested following Wednesday's attack.
Shia Iran has been singled out as a target by Sunni jihadists, including the Islamic State group, but has largely escaped attacks within its urban centres.

wtf...

Iranian MP Vakili tweets: "Terrorists are present and shooting but parliament session is proceeding normal and according to plan."

tweet
edit on 7-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DiaJax

It's Ramadan, the holy month for the religion of peace. Can't you tell by the rainbows and unicorns?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Iranian MP Vakili tweets: "Terrorists are present and shooting but parliament session is proceeding normal and according to plan."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!! Typical........I can just picture this in my mind.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Well that's horrible. I hope they quickly catch the remaining 3 responsible.

I don't envy them when the Iranian authorities catch up to them. They'll probably kill themselves beforehand.

Also kudos to them for continuing the session. Terrorists can't scare the Iranian parliament into submission apparently.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

you are so pathetic and disgusting, you have no respect for anybody and i hope that people treat you this way.

i hope that ATS brings back the ignore botton

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

[TEHRAN – Iran's parliament (Majlis) and the mausoleum of Imam Khomeini, founder of the Islamic revolution, have been targeted in simultaneous attacks

The local Tasnim news agency reported that seven people had been killed and four people were taken hostage in the attack on parliament. Citing sources on the ground and adding that the information hadn't been confirmed by security personnel, Tasnim said the hostages were being held on the upper floors of the parliament building.

Sounds pretty coordinated
Attack both at the same time, try to lure the quick response units to the mausoleum while the real aim storms parliament, shoots the place up and takes hostages.

No doubt they're trying to contact a news agency to deliver a message - the litmus test is if the Western Media allow the message to be played on TV.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
What the actual F?! Between Qatar & this now, I'm putting the tinfoil on & wondering about what strings are connected to who's fingers. Way too much of a coincidence if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

originally posted by: DiaJax

It's Ramadan, the holy month for the religion of peace. Can't you tell by the rainbows and unicorns?

They get cranky not getting to eat or drink all day.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

You know, in some countries I could be jailed or even killed for making such a statement.

Can you guess which ones?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

ISIL claiming responsibility for the attacks, no big surprise there.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Now reported that 12 are dead.....whilst they carried on Parliament as normal. Apparently the terrorists dressed as women in burkhas......

Sunnis vs Shia feud continues with Iran now blaming Saudi Arabia

new topics

top topics

join