It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Democratic Rep. Al Green to Start Process to Impeach Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Al Green has taken the floor before to call for impeachment (the "I-word", as some news sources call it.) When no one stepped up to start them, he decided to take matters into his own hands.

Texas Democratic Rep. Al Green to Start Process to Impeach Trump
by ALEX JOHNSON

Rep. Al Green, D-Texas, said Tuesday he plans to draft articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump on Wednesday despite what he says have been multiple death threats.

Green, who plans to make a formal announcement on Wednesday, has maintained that Trump's firing of FBI Director James Comey on May 9 constituted obstruction of justice.

"The facts are simple and indisputable," Green said Tuesday in a statement. "The president fired the FBI director because the director was investigating the president's campaign connections to Russian interference in the presidential election."

source

He received death threats when he first announced his call for impeachment somewhat over three weeks ago. Apparently he got tired of waiting for others to take action and decided to move forward with it. It appears that his articles will be based on Russian involvement.

He will present details (according to the news reports) on Wednesday, June 7 (today - for us night owls.)

In the spirit of clearing up misinformation, let me link to goodole Wikipedia on Impeachment

Impeachment is the process by which a legislative body formally levels charges against a high official of government. Impeachment does not necessarily mean removal from office; it is only a formal statement of charges, akin to an indictment in criminal law, and is thus only the first step towards removal. Once an individual is impeached, he or she must then face the possibility of conviction via legislative vote, which then entails the removal of the individual from office.

Because impeachment and conviction of officials involve an overturning of the normal constitutional procedures by which individuals achieve high office (election, ratification, or appointment) and because it generally requires a supermajority, they are usually reserved for those deemed to have committed serious abuses of their office. In the United States, for example, impeachment at the federal level is limited to those who may have committed "high crimes and misdemeanors".[1] Several federal officials, including two US presidents (Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton, who were both acquitted) and several judges, have been impeached over the course of US history

(Wikipedia)

So he will be drafting an "Articles of Impeachment" which the House will then vote on (check Wikipedia for details.) For the record, I expect that this one will eventually fail in the House (depending on what comes out in Comey's testimony) - but that this will be the first shot of many to come.

For the record, Green represents part of Houston. Big cities in Texas are actually not as conservative as you'd think (Austin is quite liberal - Dallas is probably the most conservative large city and it's not THAT conservative.)

This will be interesting.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Did you know that Obama helped to make Al Green wealthy?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Thread Started Already: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Without Comey the entire investigational capability of the FBI is now in shambles.

It's as if someone took away the smart phones of everyone that works there, and replaced them with pagers.

And then Trump pages them all with:

And then paged every liberal on the planet with:
304 35007

We're all doomed if someone doesn't hurry up and file supposed papers that will catalyze his impeachment.
edit on 7-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Weren't the democrats saying Comey needed to be fired because of his Clinton statements and advising Congress he was looking at emails (which by law he was required to do) ?

Didn't Comey say Trump wasn't the focus on the investigation?

Isn't it within Trumps powers to fire the FBI Director?

Hasn't it been proven that Comey was incompetent when investigating crimes?

No democrats actually believe this farce of Russian Collusion or Trump obstructing justice, they're doing exactly what they're told to do. Trump was never meant to win, many a plan have been put in jeopardy because the Clinton's didn't get the Presidency and this is nothing but them trying to ensure he

A) either leaves before his 4yrs are up
B) doesn't get re-elected

.. bad news, the more they push this nonsense the more people will stand with Trump - especially considering he's getting results that previous Democrats were unable to get.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Actually, that was a different congressman. This is a new one.

...but Nadler's an interesting figure

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

YEP!

11.07.2016: "James Comey is Unfit for Public Service!"

Scathing Newsweek Article: www.newsweek.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Then Green and Nadler should pool their resources. On May 12th, he uncovered evidence that he feels makes President Trump impeachable.
REF: www.cnn.com...

edit on 6/7/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Then Green and Nadler should pool their resources. On May 12th, he uncovered evidence that he feels makes President Trump impeachable.

Ah yes, his claims that Trump asked Comey for Loyalty came from:

a source close to Comey told CNN Friday.

When Trump was asked directly if he asked him that he said

no i did not

If thats his ''evidence''... then this request for impeachment is just a bigger farce as the Russian Collusion.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

And get Mad Maxine on board with her evidence.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Al Green is a joke. Him and Maxine Waters, both just jokes. Where do the Dems get these people from and why do people vote for them?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Weren't the democrats saying Comey needed to be fired because of his Clinton statements and advising Congress he was looking at emails (which by law he was required to do) ?

Didn't Comey say Trump wasn't the focus on the investigation?

Isn't it within Trumps powers to fire the FBI Director?

Hasn't it been proven that Comey was incompetent when investigating crimes?

No democrats actually believe this farce of Russian Collusion or Trump obstructing justice, they're doing exactly what they're told to do. Trump was never meant to win, many a plan have been put in jeopardy because the Clinton's didn't get the Presidency and this is nothing but them trying to ensure he

A) either leaves before his 4yrs are up
B) doesn't get re-elected

.. bad news, the more they push this nonsense the more people will stand with Trump - especially considering he's getting results that previous Democrats were unable to get.

Unfortunately, democrats (and our current republicans) in the senate and congress don't follow any normal logic, reason, or rhyme. It's all idealistic and emotional and politically motivated partisan bigotry and hypocrisy on a scale far beyond even the drake equation level of quantification. Totally ignoring all the inconvenient facts of the matter and instead remaining in mental dreamland where all their irrational dreams can come true. But when he wakes up he will awaken to a nightmare where he will be counter sued for malicious prosecution since all of his points of impeachment are based upon irrational wishful thinking, with no hard evidence of any criminality..

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Al Green is a joke. Him and Maxine Waters, both just jokes. Where do the Dems get these people from and why do people vote for them?

People vote for them because they are black.

Literally the only reason.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Maybe I'm a bit slow or behind the times, but I have no idea what those numbers mean, so I'll throw in one of my own
867 - 5309. Ask for Jenny.
edit on 7-6-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Hopefully investigations into Comey and the "Russia sabotaged the election" McCarthyism shines a light onto Seth Rich's murder

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
So if this works,Pence will become president,not so? Will the Dems be happy with him? I'm not American,but it seems to me that he is awfully conservative.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Most Democrats I talk to would prefer Trump over Pence because Trump is a social liberal. Oh wait, Democrats from Texas are really Republicans.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Very interesting, I guess they hate Trump enough to take matters on their own hand.

But as history repeat itself on impeaching presidents, I will say, Good luck with that one congressman.

Waste your time helping your state and stop running after stupid agendas, it doesn't help your party and neither the people that elected you to fulfill their needs.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
So if this works,Pence will become president,not so? Will the Dems be happy with him? I'm not American,but it seems to me that he is awfully conservative.
LOL, this will never work, it's a joke.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

This type of politicians are corrupted, its a matter of time before their crap comes out on the light and then they fall out of grace and voters confident.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join