It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Investors Feed Live Donkey To Zoo Tigers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder

And I hope all tigers in captivity get a chance to kill their meal and share a nice peace of ass.

LMAO. You just couldn't help yourself, right? Thanks I needed that laugh!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Thank you for understanding what I was trying to convey

Some damn heartless comments on here (sob)

I must be too sensitive

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I sometimes think that I am over sensitive also regarding certain things. I think it was an unnatural and especially gruesome act that shouldn't be seen as 'normal' or acceptable in front of families with no warning. It was done for shock value, in my opinion, and had little if anything to do with the Tigers.
It's not as if Tigers are strolling along through the forest and donkeys and horses fall out of the sky for them. They hunt and ambush so as far as this being 'normal' or 'natural' feeding behavior for them, other than the tigers killing the animal it is not.
Don't be too hard on yourself. I think we as a species are becoming more and more desensitized to abhorrent behavior.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: beachbound

I only watched a few seconds of the video and can't get it out of my head. Keep thinking of the terror of that poor donkey being thrown into the moat like that. Thank goodness security stopped them throwing in the sheep as well.

I've no love of zoos but this goes beyond the pale especially with regard to their reasons for doing it

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
PhyllidaDavenport

I get their point, the comments made. It is more natural for the tiger to eat live animals than to be given "feed". So in that sense, I agree with them. However, the way that this was done is not even close (from what I've seen and read) to how it would happen in the wild. The playing field in the wild is usually more equal...even the numbers on the opposing teams would've been (at least at first) more balanced. Both sides having to work for their survival (the predator working to eat, the prey working to not be the meal). And sometimes the predator doesn't win in those scenarios.

I can watch a video of animals hunting in their natural habitat, but this is not one of those. There is a difference (in my mind). And I couldn't make it through the whole video either...so, if you are too sensitive, then I must be too! lol

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: blend57

Thank you for understanding what I was trying to convey

Some damn heartless comments on here (sob)

I must be too sensitive

I'm from the days of ATS with topics like this "The Mustang Conspiracy: Part 1: Sex, Drugs, Corruption, and BP." - www.abovetopsecret.com... being taken serious. These days not so much when it comes to animals.

ps... Not a problem for the last reply.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: beachbound

I sometimes think that I am over sensitive also regarding certain things. I think it was an unnatural and especially gruesome act that shouldn't be seen as 'normal' or acceptable in front of families with no warning. It was done for shock value, in my opinion, and had little if anything to do with the Tigers.
It's not as if Tigers are strolling along through the forest and donkeys and horses fall out of the sky for them. They hunt and ambush so as far as this being 'normal' or 'natural' feeding behavior for them, other than the tigers killing the animal it is not.
Don't be too hard on yourself. I think we as a species are becoming more and more desensitized to abhorrent behavior.

IMO not overly sensitive just aware to compassion when it comes to all beings, which is a good thing despite what anyone says. Yes, as it happened out of anger and revenge to throw the donkey into there. The added extra stress hormones and the likely less experienced tigers meant for some unhealthy meat-also the donkey may have had chemicals in their system at the time not meant for meat consumption.

Unlike America's love of the horse(donkeys as well), how they are cherished by history and more, of course China holds a different stance. While I'm on no tirade against their values and what not(nor am I buying media and partisan hype) this has left many even in their own country questioning these very old traditions that have yet to go beyond placebo effects. Sadly a lot of it comes with a price such as very unregulated abusive practices.

See the following as another example,

Four million donkeys are slaughtered each year in China for an unproven miracle serum. One source It's unknown which chemical is being used to euthanize them before slaughter:

‘But we don’t know the chemical they are injecting. All we can say is it must be very dangerous because no hyena, no kind of bird – not even an insect – is feeding on the meat they left behind. The skins will have been exported to China.’

Also see: Tigers are not immune either. Tiger farms are not sanctuaries for tigers, with more than 200 facilities, they are quite the opposite-source. Let alone Moon Bears are harvested for their bile while kept in horrific conditions.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Whilst many disagree with Zoos I think the Chinese generally show such disregard for animal life its frightening, lets not forget their wonderful dog eating festival .

The shop I work at used to have a dog that lived there. He got old and developed a nervous condition and his back legs stopped working. The owners wife was devastated and kept taking him to the vet and got him a wheel chair and all these things. Eventually he was put down but I remember one day he was being taken to the vet the boss and one of my chinese coworkers were talking. They couldn't understand why everyone cared so much about the dog because back in the old country they would have just eaten him.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Gosh that's insane that someone would consider eating an obviously sick animal.
I'm not so sure that cooking would kill every thing that could be harmful.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Good grief! I really don't want to know
if we can be this cruel to animals that can't speak for themselves and have no choices hardly surprising we are so cruel to each other.

I know most Chinese aren't animal lovers but even so.....

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: beachbound
a reply to: dug88

Gosh that's insane that someone would consider eating an obviously sick animal.
I'm not so sure that cooking would kill every thing that could be harmful.

I don't think they meant it literally. It was more the mindset. To them the dog wasn't much different than the way a farmer would look at a chicken or something. They just couldn't understand having emotional attachment to him.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: dreamingawake

Good grief! I really don't want to know
if we can be this cruel to animals that can't speak for themselves and have no choices hardly surprising we are so cruel to each other.

I know most Chinese aren't animal lovers but even so.....

Wouldn't say most per se, many are, am sure. There's Chinese citizens who have let protests against the dog eating festivals for example and it's more customary to have animals as pets now days. Can't let a few of the bad seeds represent the majority, after all the meat markets just like in the US(namely some of the factory farms slaughter houses that have been accused of not following regulations) and other Western Nations=follow the money.
As Dog Ownership in China Grows by Leaps and Bounds, Chinese Are Saying 'No' to Dog Meat -Source
China's Economy Is Slowing, But Their Pet Economy Is Booming -Source

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
I think the American audience probably would not be as traumatized considering how many kids are growing up on The Walking Dead now. If anything, they would probably get more people answering yes to offering live feedings in a poll from the younger generation.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

One of these days the Lord will return and all of this will stop!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join