It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia Gives Qatar 24 Hour Ultimatum As Analysts Warn Of "Military Confrontation"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Saudi and Qatar are both terrorist states.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MariaLuis
Saudi and Qatar are both terrorist states.
I'm beginning to think that every nation on earth is a terror state in one way or another.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

The exception being New Zealand. They are all far too nice.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Iceland is pretty chill too.

Sadly, when it comes to any major player on the international scene I agree with them each being terrorists. All are so worried about expanding their power or funneling more money to those in charge, that they have given up all humanity long ago. They no longer make decisions for the good of the many, and only worry about the pocketbooks of the few.

I was so patriotic growing up... I admit I now cringe a bit each time my elementary age son makes a comment about how great America is... I wish it was 1/2 the country they tell him it is in school.

~Winter

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
From the region

Qatar crisis: Coup attempts, the politics of revenge and the dream of becoming king

The truth is, this falling out is about an attempt to overthrow Qatar’s emir, an opportunity for the UAE to exact revenge on its neighbour, and a play by Saudi’s deputy crown prince for the monarchy.

The paragraphs after this one are interesting

To understand why the Saudis are pursuing the anti-Qatar agenda with the same ferocity as the Emiratis, one must understand the power struggle currently taking place inside the oil-rich kingdom.

With his recent visit, Trump became a Saudi puppet, too:

It’s a common belief that in order to be monarch in Saudi, one must secure the blessings of three key stakeholders: the house of Saud, the religious establishment and the United States of America. The truth is though, if you secure Washington the other two will fall into place. ...
Through its ambassador in Washington, the UAE has successfully bought influence in major think tanks and media outlets which have, in turn, helped shape US foreign policy in the way the Emiratis would like and not what is best for America. Foreign influence, it seems, is not limited to Russian involvement in last year's elections.

and (from another source) here's another possible angle involving Russia-Qatar

Today, an article published by Sarah McFarlane of Marketwatch reports that Russia will buy back the shares of Rosneft that they sold to Qatar (and others) and that the original sale was meant as more of a loan to Russia in order for the country to meet their budget at the time when oil prices had plummeted.

Qatar didn't want to sell when Russia wanted their shares back.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee
well shaa lets offer them a statehood and fold them in we would have a major cash influx and our owhn piece of the middle east to stage peaceful relations from just kidding or am i bwahhhahaha! where is my my monocle and my pussy cat.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Thats a brilliant plan, tweet it to Trump.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
After a few days it becomes clear that the EU is actually orchestrating the rift between qatar and the rest of the arab countries. This is not a real division is only another trap ploy that will end up really bad. The trap might actually end up trapping the orchestrator themselves who laid the trap.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
So, seems like Qatar called everyone out on their bluff... 24 hour deadlines are quite bold, and Qatar obviously didn't take it serious...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Well at least they'll have all the materiel they'll need. Days after Trump accused them of sponsoring terrorism he's selling them $12B in arms. He's a genius that Donald. Who cares what happens as long as we make bank, right>

"We are pleased to announce today the signing of the letter of offer and acceptance for the purchase of the F-15QA fighter jets, with an initial cost of $12 billion dollars," read the Qatari Defense Minister's statement on Wednesday afternoon. "We believe that this agreement will propel Qatar's ability to provide for its own security while also reducing the burden placed upon the United States military in conducting operations against violent extremism."

source

<< 7  8  9   >>

join