It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia Gives Qatar 24 Hour Ultimatum As Analysts Warn Of "Military Confrontation"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Things might get interesting in the Middle East.
Saudi has it's sights set on Qatar, where the US led gas pipeline to Europe would originate from.
First Qatar, next Syria.
The US has a huge airbase at Al Udeid in Qatar.
CNN is calling it the biggest political crisis to hit the ME in years.

Shortly after imposing a naval blockade in the immediate aftermath of the Qatar diplomatic crisis, one which left the small Gulf nation not only politically isolated and with severed ties to its neighbors but potentially locked out of maritime trade and crippling its oil and LNG exports, on Tuesday SkyNews Arabia reported that Saudi Arabia has given Qatar a 24 hours ultimatum, starting tonight, to fulfill 10 conditions that have been conveyed to Kuwait, which is currently involved in the role of a mediator between Saudi and Qatar.

ZeroHedge

The original list of five countries severing ties -- Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Bahrain and Yemen -- has now expanded to nine, with the addition of Mauritius, Mauritania, the Maldives and Libya's eastern-based government.
-- Saudi Arabia has severed all land, sea and air links with Qatar, and the UAE has closed its airports and harbors to Qatari flights and shipping.

edit on 7-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
My vote goes for both pipelines, and cheap gas for everyone!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Syria is a key piece of the puzzle, Assads days are numbered.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
*sigh* well this one escalated quite quickly but I find this interesting brings out the conspiracy side of me with the recent terror attacks in the UK and France could some of them been false flag attacks orchestrated by someone trying to advance the pipeline goals by setting up a pretense for France and the U.K to not honor the defense pacts makes ya wonder...
Something has gotta be up tho they are moving quick on Qatar...

The Qatar Armed Forces are the military forces of Qatar. The country maintains a modest military force of approximately 11,800 men, including an army (8,500), navy (1,800) and air force (1,500). Qatar's defence expenditures were a total of $1.913 billion, about 1.5% of the national GDP, as of 2010 according to the SIPRI.[1] Qatar has recently signed defense pacts with the United States in 2002[2] and 2013[3] and with the United Kingdom, as well as with France earlier, in 1994.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Why are we still allied with Saudi Arabia?? What exaclty did Qatar do to piss everyone off so much?

Saudi Arabia supports more terrorists than anyone. And not so long ago the CIA was propping up the muslim brotherhood.

Yes, the pipeline...but we already have our mitts in Qatar. Its not like the US cant get its way with Qatar on pipeline issues.
edit on 7-6-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ahhhhhhhh!!!! It's a light bulb moment for me!

I was wondering why the US sold Saudi s*it loads of weapons.

What better way to get a two for one deal??

Nice work you sneaky little toupee wearing smug prick
edit on 7-6-2017 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: HaurusTheShaman

Qatar better think of capitulating, they will get steamrolled and I don't see the western powers honoring those defence pacts do you?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Saudi Arabia has severed all land, sea and air links with Qatar, and the UAE has closed its airports and harbors to Qatari flights and shipping.
So how would that embargo work when it comes to the US military base ? Will the other GS's give the US more time to pull out or will it have a exemption ? I would think that Qatar has a opening to the water and air to access . If not then it would be a declaration of war one would think . The whole helping terrorist thing is a joke imo ...pot and kettle .

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Nothing. It's small, has relatively no army and heaps of oil/gas.

Easy pickings

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

What I don't get about the Qatar pipeline theory for being the reason for going after Syria is the fact the pipeline could run up through Iraq into Turkey without ever crossing into Syria.

It doesn't make sense. I used to think the Qatar pipeline was the reason as well, but I think that is us watching the right hand, not knowing what the left one is doing.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Allied themselves with the Muslim Brotherhood I've heard.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Maybe the Saudi's are trying to create a distraction that may pull the US into... Funny how they call out Qatar, but like 17 or so of the hijackers from 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia... A
edit on 7-6-2017 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Seeing as the saudi armed forces is as usless as the french and they can't even subdue yemen, this is going to be a fiasco.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The US military base will operate business as usual. Those nine countries listed in the OP won't even let Qatar use their airspace. They are also going to embargo any food and supplies coming into the country. Qatar is done. France, UK and the USA must have all agreed not to support them, there is no way Saudi would make an aggressive announcement like this if they thought that the UK, USA and France would honor their mutual aid pacts.

link   

originally posted by: HaurusTheShaman
*sigh* well this one escalated quite quickly but I find this interesting brings out the conspiracy side of me with the recent terror attacks in the UK and France could some of them been false flag attacks orchestrated by someone trying to advance the pipeline goals by setting up a pretense for France and the U.K to not honor the defense pacts makes ya wonder...
Something has gotta be up tho they are moving quick on Qatar...

The Qatar Armed Forces are the military forces of Qatar. The country maintains a modest military force of approximately 11,800 men, including an army (8,500), navy (1,800) and air force (1,500). Qatar's defence expenditures were a total of $1.913 billion, about 1.5% of the national GDP, as of 2010 according to the SIPRI.[1] Qatar has recently signed defense pacts with the United States in 2002[2] and 2013[3] and with the United Kingdom, as well as with France earlier, in 1994.

Watch how that defence pack will suddenly become worthless seeing as it saudi scum doing the attacking....

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yemen is a way tougher battle than Qatar will be.
Qatar only has a population of 2.2 million, Yemen is at least ten times that.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

What I don't get about the Qatar pipeline theory for being the reason for going after Syria is the fact the pipeline could run up through Iraq into Turkey without ever crossing into Syria.

It doesn't make sense. I used to think the Qatar pipeline was the reason as well, but I think that is us watching the right hand, not knowing what the left one is doing.
Pipeline going thru Iraq would be WAY more expensive to put in.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hmmm, i wonder if we will see a rise in oil prices??

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Yemen is a way tougher battle than Qatar will be.
Qatar only has a population of 2.2 million, Yemen is at least ten times that.

Yemen is a 3rd world # hole

Quatar is extremly wealthy.

And dont underestimate the uselessness of the saudis. They have all those shinny toys and only incompetent muppets to use them.
edit on 7-6-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

We sure will. I'd say up to 80 bucks a barrel if there is any prolonged fighting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join