It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey --- said he did not want to be left alone again with the president

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Don't leave me alone with Trump? What in the hell is going on here?

WASHINGTON — The day after President Trump asked James B. Comey, the F.B.I. director, to end an investigation into his former national security adviser, Mr. Comey confronted Attorney General Jeff Sessions and said he did not want to be left alone again with the president, according to current and former law enforcement officials.

Mr. Comey believed Mr. Sessions should protect the F.B.I. from White House influence, the officials said, and pulled him aside after a meeting in February to tell him that private interactions between the F.B.I. director and the president were inappropriate. But Mr. Sessions could not guarantee that the president would not try to talk to Mr. Comey alone again, the officials said.

Comey said he did not want to be left alone with Trump but Mr Sessons said he could not guarantee that Trump would not try to talk to Comey again.

It may remain a secret to what got Mr, Comey spooked. Wonder what Trump said?

Mr. Comey did not reveal, however, what had so unnerved him about his Oval Office meeting with the president
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

according to current and former law enforcement officials

LOL

MSM will be hot on the "sources" wagon until Thursday.

And long after that too.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is according to officials.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

to be blunt : if the man SUPPOSED to be running the FBI - is " afraid to be alone wiith the president " - he is not fit to run a bath , never mind the lead domestic law enforecment agency

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

to be blunt : if the man SUPPOSED to be running the FBI - is " afraid to be alone wiith the president " - he is not fit to run a bath , never mind the lead domestic law enforecment agency

He might well be afraid of containing himself around Trump. Comey could probably put a hurtin' on Trump in a jiffy.

I'd call it an idle threat.

edit on 662017 by Snarl because: autocorrect

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Maybe, but the story doesn't seem to lead us to think that.

I got that Comey was afraid of the Trumpster.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

He might well be afraid of containing himself around Trump. Comey could probably put a hurtin' on Trump in a jiffy.

Maybe he was afraid Trump would grab his lady parts?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: xuenchen

This is according to officials.

And don't forget the "Ghost Memos" !!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
I got that Comey was afraid of the Trumpster.

Trump is a fuggin' bully. He needs to have his ass beat.

Comey just developed carte blanche should the opportunity present itself.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

In a less grotesque explaination, he might just be afraid of a type a personality. I wouldn't want to be locked in a room with a street cop- sounds awful.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
That makes sense, If I was Comey, I would not have wanted to be left alone with the person I was investigating, it could jeopardize the investigation. Either way, not having a witness to verify what the discussion was was not suitable. The way all the fake news is flying around, making something of nothing, it would not be a good thing to do. Just like Nunes going to the White House when checking some files. That White House trip got all blown out of proportion by the left and media.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I like how the MSM is reporting rumors as truth.

They will report on a bank robber as 'alleged' even if there are clear photos of the guy doing the bank job on security cameras.... but unfounded rumors of Trump telling Comey to stop the investigation are now set in stone truth.
It is time for this crap to end.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Seems like a reach.
1- Comey has never been a model.
2- Comey is too tall for for Trump.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I agree.I mean what's Trump gonna do,strangle him? Seems very odd.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Why do you ask this question:

It may remain a secret to what got Mr, Comey spooked. Wonder what Trump said?

... and then cut off the quote from the article that answers it?

You quote this:

Mr. Comey did not reveal, however, what had so unnerved him about his Oval Office meeting with the president

... but the full sentence is this:

Mr. Comey did not reveal, however, what had so unnerved him about his Oval Office meeting with the president: Mr. Trump’s request that the F.B.I. director end the investigation into the former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, who had just been fired.

NYT

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

LOL - afraid of what? Orange boy ain't no threat unless you are holding a bucket of KFC within his vicinity.

Awesome fake news is awesome!!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think Comey is smart, didn't messed with TPTB and didn't play ball with Trump.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You know what he said already.
Comey testified under oath what the conversation was about.
No one has to wonder.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

He wasn't afraid. Jesus Christ.
He knew it was inappropriate.
Big difference.
edit on 6112017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join