It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Person who outed NSA Russia leaker is outed and it isn't his first time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
it seems the leaker of the Intercept NSA Russia leak story has been identified as a previous outer of John Kiriakou who was the whistleblower of the CIA's torture program under bush, according to a tweet by Mr. Kiriakou's lawyer. Notice the 3rd reply down from the lawyer. Seems the man has a history.

And from Kiriakou

The Intercept has lost all confidence for me and I did visit on occasion because, tho left wing, at least Greenwald seemed somewhat balanced (tho often grudgingly). They will be a long time recovering

This has been a huge setback for future leakers. Wikileaks may be the only one left.

As for Matt Cole, he's done.

BTW It seems he (Cole) gave out the women's post code, printout and her report number: twitter

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
it seems the leaker of the Intercept NSA Russia leak story has been identified as a previous outer of John Kiriakou who was the whistleblower of the CIA's torture program under bush, according to a tweet by Mr. Kiriakou's lawyer. Notice the 3rd reply down from the lawyer. Seems the man has a history.

And from Kiriakou

The Intercept has lost all confidence for me and I did visit on occasion because, tho left wing, at least Greenwald seemed somewhat balanced (tho often grudgingly). They will be a long time recovering

This has been a huge setback for future leakers. Wikileaks may be the only one left.

As for Matt Cole, he's done.

BTW It seems he (Cole) gave out the women's post code, printout and her report number: twitter

It is possible for a single "reporter" or writer to be compromised, rather than a whole organization. I still believe in Greenwald.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

It seems to be a single reporter. However, with his history, you have to ask how well the folks at the intercept vetted him. Seems he is guilty on multiple occasions. None the less, I believe it will effect The Intercept for a time. He best be fired by tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Somebody will be demanding he be waterboarded in Abu Zubaydah.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
They already got a LHO, and now a Jack Ruby seals the deal.
Nobody does all of this freelance and still walks around unless.................

For the past six years, Cole has worked as an investigative producer for ABC and NBC News. At each network, Cole broke several stories of global significance. Among the subjects he has reported on are Blackwater’s covert work with the CIA and JSOC; the Raymond Davis affair in Pakistan; the death of Osama bin Laden; missing Libyan surface-to-air missiles after the fall of Qadaffi; classified CIA documents related to its drone program; and a SEAL Team 6 raid in Somalia.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

The CIA/FBI have been busy flipping a few .Seems a lot of moles are coming into the light this past month or more . To drain the swamp you have to find them and Trump has brought them out for us to see . They must be having fits at time being in over drive trying to put out all these small fires while trying to stitch a Russian narrative into their school play's .

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The gov was doing what they are supposed to do. My problem is not with the government, it is with the reporter who outed her.

Governments do too much in secret and if it wasn't for whistleblowers and leakers we would still be in the dark. For a reporter to out someone who gave them info for a story will only inhibit future whistleblowers and leakers. He broke a cardinal rule of journalists more than once.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I just looking at the list of stories where Cole busted Echo Papa , ( I call him Sir Eric ) over and over since 05.
And I remember his name coming up time and time again with his nose in all kinds of stuff.
You have to have a lot of help and protection to do all that.
Now the media is burning him.

This was setup to burn Cole and Greenwald was happy to oblige and save his own skin in the process.
And the Winner kid was the bait. Brilliant.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

You are going to have to explain this to me in simpler terms. Maybe it is just that it is late and I am not familiar with the case.

Still the fact that Cole has outed two people and .others have complaints you have to question if some articles were condoned for whatever reason.

Need to think about this tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

The gov was doing what they are supposed to do. My problem is not with the government, it is with the reporter who outed her.
Maybe they had the pictures that could not only ruin his career ,but his family too . Just suppose for a moment that they drugged him and put some kids into the mix ... So he takes the fall and keeps his mouth shut ..

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
You are own point LAL. And you understand fully.
I just think outloud a lot.

I couldn't understand why this morning someone told me to forget about leak content and look on a broader prospective.
This morning I was under the impression that getting Russian hacking back on the front page was the singular goal.

The whole affair was to offer up a story / source to Cole that he could not turn down.
They also knew in advance he would burn that source no matter what, just get the story out.

A lot of people in the Government and the media wanted Cole gone.
For different reasons, but never the less the same overall goal.

I so much look forward to going back to middle-east where things are clam and the people are rational.

edit on 6-6-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

well if that is the case they did it twice. And then there were others who had complaint tho don't know the specifics.

Nice theory but think it is a stretch.

top topics

join